Portraits of Friendship

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Friendship, one of the most precious things in life. In my pics I am mostly alone (when  I'm not on my interview trip) , but I do have friends. One is very special to me. We met through a mutual friend. He told me that he also knew a writer. That was Ganymede. Then I rented a house in Sweet Grass, the community where he held sway. But I also met him in RL. He was at my last book launch. We teamed up with another writer to create a writers' platform for quirky writers like us.  Now I no longer live in Sweet Grass, but bought my own land and put my dream house there. But Ganymede as a friend has remained. As I write this I really have to wipe away a tear. Because friendship, yes, it does something to you. As a human, but also as an avatar because there is a human behind it. 

Villa Rudolfo, Sweet Grass, SecondLife
  • Like 8

My soul sister and best friend, the person who introduced me to this world. She was my long-time friend on ameblo, a blogging platform, before she invited me to SL in 2010. As cheesy as it may sound, I believe in soulmates and I also believe that soulmates are not limited to your destined lover, but could also be your best friend (or enemy), and that you usually meet them in the strangest places. People tend to discredit bonds formed online or over long distance, but I’ve never gotten as close to anyone as I have with her. We finally got the chance to meet in RL 2014 when I visited Paris for a week where she was living with her then-husband. It was one of the most magical weeks of my life, like I met a mirrored version of myself but years older and wiser. We kind of lost contact and drifted apart when both of us got busy with our 1st lives. Also I have lost interest in and deactivated all social media including SL so I had no other way to reach her. It wasn’t until 3 weeks ago when I received a message from her in-world saying she was back after a long hiatus. Imagine how shocked and emotional I got when we reconnected! Here we are having dinner at Empire Steak, New York. I love how SL transcends time, distance, and all the physicalities that limit us!

ichibara_004.thumb.png.db13b4438c98e46745b5fda2482ebd4f.pngichibara_005.thumb.png.c01846c5290a5b3fe7bc27a084685a95.png

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Laurel Aurelia said:

Bicycle, Bicycle

My version of the morning ride with @Scylla Rhiadra, @BelindaN, @Eva Knoller, @Saskia Rieko, @TatianaNikolay, and @Stranger Hoxley

Not pictured: The top of Hox's head. 

It's always an interesting challenge to get everyone in frame.

I love the clarity and the lighting in this, Laurel, the missing head notwithstanding. It's a really great picture.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I love the clarity and the lighting in this, Laurel, the missing head notwithstanding. It's a really great picture.

Thank you. I was a bit worried to run shadows in Belli , but Black Dragon took it on the chin pretty well. That was the only picture I took where Eva's shirt texture rezzed for me though >.< 

• Like 2

Today is Saskia's Rez Day!! So we got together (as we usually do on Sundays anyway) for a celebratory pic!

Here, @Eva Knollercontemplates the horror of her own upcoming Rez Day, and wonders where the time has gone, @Saskia Riekostares mournfully into the bottom of her nearly empty wine glass, @BelindaN is preoccupied thinking about all of the RL work she has to do when this is done while @TatianaNikolaypats her reassuringly on the back.

And I wave cheerfully at the photographer while trying very hard not to look judgy.  Which I'm told I do too often in these pics.

I don't think I look judgy! Do you?

1273978023_Saskias-Rez-Day-Blank.thumb.png.ed31d6a7d838967ebd681aaa5734280a.png

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 11

14 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Today is Saskia's Rez Day!! So we got together (as we usually do on Sundays anyway) for a celebratory pic!

Here, @Eva Knollercontemplates the horror of her own upcoming Rez Day, and wonders where the time has gone, @Saskia Riekostares mournfully into the bottom of her nearly empty wine glass, @BelindaN is preoccupied thinking about all of the RL work she has to do when this is done while @TatianaNikolaypats her reassuringly on the back.

And I wave cheerfully at the photographer while trying very hard not to look judgy.  Which I'm told I do too often in these pics.

I don't think I look judgy! Do you?

1273978023_Saskias-Rez-Day-Blank.thumb.png.ed31d6a7d838967ebd681aaa5734280a.png

when I look at your friendship photos I miss so much my old friends.. is a pity that aren't anymore on sl

Edited by manoji Yachvili
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

19 hours ago, manoji Yachvili said:

when I look at your friendship photos I miss so much my old friends.. is a pity that aren't anymore on sl

I've certainly lost a great many old friends too.

But, happily, I've made some new ones who are just as nice, or nicer.🙂

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.