What will you spend the most on?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1395 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I do not mean what.do you spend most of your money on, or what big ticket one time purchase item like a home do you spend the most on, but rather what sort of item that you would buy numerous examples of, are you willing to spend the most on one single item. For me it is shoes. My limit is about 100L for a top 300L for dresses or hairs, but 700L for the perfect footwear I have done quite a few times. 

• Like 1

Quality.

Doesn't matter what something is, if it's well made I'll happily cough up for it. Rather pay L$500 for a good top, than buy 10 bad tops for L$100 that I'll wear once and then never want to see again.

• Like 4

Primarily, hair. It's difficult to find hair in styles I like - some of the styles I find that I like are prim and outdated - and so much modern mesh hair is extremely westernized which just isn't my style even if it's beautiful on other avatars. I'd be willing to pay up to 800 L$ for the perfect hair. And I like to switch my hairstyle up often, so having tons of hairstyles to choose from is pretty important to me. On occasion I'll pay tons for clothes I really like, but I don't really like to do that too often.

SL Land. I'm not sure what the most expensive spot I ever bought was - but it was probably over 70,000 by a good amount. It gets easier to do that when you sell a pack of cheaply bought spots and then use that buy one pricey one... you did actually spend all of that still - but this way it ended up spread out over time.

If I exclude mesh bodies and heads (because I think most people would have to answer those if they included them because they're priced so high)... then Animations is likely next.

If I try out a pack of animations and really like it - I'm willing to spend several thousand lindens on it. How my avatar moves is what I see the most in SL, so having quality there matters more than anywhere else.

It's also the place where brand loyalty kicks into overdrive for me. For most things I will shop around - but with animations I have gotten very specific about where I buy from because once I like the way a given studio is moving the avatar, I get very attached to getting more of that style of motion.

It is also the first thing I notice about other people's avatars - if I like or dislike the way your avatar moves or dances - I cannot prevent myself from forming judgements about you... as stupid of a bias for/against as that is... it sets my mood so I am driven to be around animations that I enjoy seeing; particularly in others.

Lastly - if we're ever in a club together and you've just shared your dance HUD with me and seen me refuse it... now you know why: I am extremely attached to my own animations so I never use people's HUDs, even when I like their dances. If I like their dances, I like seeing them, not doing them. In fact I have an extreme dislike of seeing multiple people doing the same animation - even in real life I would always sit out when people started doing a line dance of any kind...

So yeah... animations will get my wallet moving more than anything else will... SL land is first just because it's so pricey...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

Mesh bodies are about $5,000ll a pop, and at one time I bought each new mesh body as it came out.  Tried to wait on Mesh heads because I didn't want to spend like that again, But once Bento came out I bought a couple brands, before deciding which one I could make look most like my system self.  But these are 1 time purchases that I'm not likely to repeat unless some new innovation changes SL again. Same with Land. I bought a pricey bit of mainland in Bay City, which I can't recall the Lindens spend but it amounted to $45.00 USA dollars. That's a one time purchase that I am very unlikely to repeat as well.

As far as repeat purchases go, I have spent $1K lindens on fatpacks over and over. I can never decide which colors I like the best so I almost go for the whole package.  I have spent over $1K  on a few unique dresses for special occasions but not often. 

hmm. I dont have a thing or limit.. I buy what ever works at that time. what ever i am intersted in.. be it an avatar a hud or clothing or furniture i have spent over 5000l$ on a hud and addons for it before.

I recently bought a maitreya lara body and lekulta head and some hair and and a couple of outfits and a set of md cuffs and collar.. then a few days later bought a ns drone controller and battery just because I wanted too. all within the same week..

and I barely use them at all now.

3 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

As far as repeat purchases go, I have spent $1K lindens on fatpacks over and over. I can never decide which colors I like the best so I almost go for the whole package.  I have spent over $1K  on a few unique dresses for special occasions but not often. 

I only buy hair in fatpacks, because I know I will wear ALL the colours (except brown, I don't do brown). Which is why I like Magika so much, and the newer styles from Exile; they only do them in fatpacks and at L$300-400 they are so much cheaper than most others. 

7 hours ago, Talligurl said:

I do not mean what.do you spend most of your money on, or what big ticket one time purchase item like a home do you spend the most on, but rather what sort of item that you would buy numerous examples of, are you willing to spend the most on one single item. For me it is shoes. My limit is about 100L for a top 300L for dresses or hairs, but 700L for the perfect footwear I have done quite a few times. 

Mesh body clothing and 1200 for a fatpack is typical.  My obsession is Magika hairs.... I think I have all of hers and I have been buying from her since she had about 6 vendors in a tiny little shop..

Edited by Tarina Sewell
  • Like 1

I buy things when I need them, usually for something I am working on, and then I get really picky about quality.  On a very rare occasion I will go out shopping for something specific like shoes and come back with a dress that caught my eye, but that's pretty rare.  I'm not an impulse buyer.

There are a few things that I'm more than happy to drop Linden into.

My first and foremost are my zooby babies when it comes to their upkeep, clothing, hair and furniture. Their upkeep isn't that expensive. The creators come up with the cutest things for my munchkins and I find myself having a really hard time not buying them something new on a weekly basis...which is why they get new stuff on a weekly basis. 🥰 😕

Second thing is my hubby. I can't resist sending him items when I'm out and about at shopping events that I feel he will like since I love to shop. Him and I both do, so we tend to shop for one another quite a bit. It is an excuse to spend money and have it not be on myself. 😍

Clothing and hair for me. I don't have many of either, but the hair and clothing I do have are from my favorite stores. Certain clothing styles that I'm drawn to are hard to find because I go for medieval, vintage, plain dress modest clothing. I've been lucky to find some creators who are fabulous with those styles and I stick with them. I tend to buy a lot of fatpacks because if I like a style of something, I enjoy having it in different color and pattern options. Quality over quantity. Plus it drives me batty when my inventory gets past 7000 items so I'm careful how much I accumulate. ;)

Lastly in the past I did spend 20,000 L on a collector kittycat that was rare I had been searching for, for about four years when I used to breed them. I still have her and she was worth every linden. 💗🙂

You say houses aren't included but I have a shedload of houses, and I'll pay good money for something I want that's well-made.  The most recent cost L$6,000.  Apart from that, and leaving aside region costs, the most I've spent is on charity auctions, with the highest at L$50,000; I did get a fun afternoon* out of that.

*No, it did not involve pixel bumping; surely you know me by now.  Actually, it was a grid-hopping Tardis voyage.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 1

Hair.  I buy lots of hair.  

It's interesting Talligurl, I'm not a big buyer of shoes.  Once I find shoes I love, I wear them a lot.  I have about 5 pairs I'm always wearing but maybe have about 10 pairs actually.  I'm very picky about shoes.    I've recently been going barefoot too which I love to do as well.  I love being barefoot in real life too.  

Edited by FairreLilette

Oooh...erm, I don't know that I can answer the "what is the most I would spend" accurately. I've spent over 5k on a vehicles I've only used for pictures, 15k on a house, that turned out wasn't as good as they claimed it was, a few 4k plus purchases on mesh bodies & heads over the years. I think the better question for me would be, what wouldn't I spend it on...clothes. 5k is a bit high for clothing, although...now that I think about it, that might not be accurate because I know I have spent more than that in a shopping cart via the mp in total....ugh, what was the question again?...lol.

I have a pretty low limit on things like clothes, hair, skin, shoes, etc. If I see something that is above the average price I'd look closely to see if it has additional value. I suppose uniqueness in that the item is different from most and exclusivity in that the item isn't widely available. But even with that, there is always the option to go with the average priced items and skip the luxury. I suppose if you find something that you identify with strongly then that would justify the purchase.

22 hours ago, Orfeu Miles said:

Boats !!

Damn you Bandit, why do you have to be so good.

I might be overdoing it a little, but is there really such a thing as ' too many Bandits' ? :|

tddnew_002.thumb.jpg.adaa3ba12e4f6bf7a1e90606d95c8d56.jpg

tddnew_003.thumb.jpg.f053b5c82c172908064c2e91e9e8f02a.jpg

Visible Bandits on display : Bandit 22 LTE, Bandit IF, Bandit 60, Bandit 50/3, Bandit Ocean Beach ad Bandit Sweetpea, all ships equipped with add-ons, paintjobs and custom sails.

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1395 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.