I've been staying out of this thread because I am SO JEALOUS of Tari and you other gals with thick, fast-growing hair.

Im'a gonna borrow Maddy's blowtorch and set all your hairs on FIYAH!

a7376865-c3b9-4236-9995-547049a1215b.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 6/26/2020 at 3:08 AM, Gopi Passiflora said:

By extremely long I mean the woman's hair goes to her thighs or longer, I guess. But I consider the regular "long" to be past the shoulders, probably.

Nice in theory. But consider the practice. I'm referring to using the lavatory. If her hair's that long, it'll dangle into the bowl and become a funfair for bacteria. 

No further down than the bosoms, please.

34 minutes ago, RiffRegan said:

Nice in theory. But consider the practice. I'm referring to using the lavatory. If her hair's that long, it'll dangle into the bowl and become a funfair for bacteria. 

No further down than the bosoms, please.

You did this on page 1 and nobody laughed then either. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

🥴🙀   Nooooooooooo!

2020-06-30 232223.jpg

I had very long healthy hair till 2010 and after extreme +42 summer of 2010 needed to get rid of that long hair, still Don't know if i need to try to grow hair again or not.LoL

Option for the hot weather....headscarves. Loads of lovely different ways to wear them. If you have tons of hair, you can use a pashmina or pashmina-sized scarf to do an awesome Nefertiti-style high turban (you can do it even if you've got no hair at all, you might just want a balled up pair of thick fluffy socks in there to help give it stability). And lots of other styles too. Keeps it all up and out of the way. 

11 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Option for the hot weather....headscarves. Loads of lovely different ways to wear them. If you have tons of hair, you can use a pashmina or pashmina-sized scarf to do an awesome Nefertiti-style high turban [ . . . ]

I don't know if that would suit me though . . .

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I don't know if that would suit me though . . .

Have you tried?

1 hour ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Have you tried?

. . . Maybe. :P

• Like 1

On 6/28/2020 at 1:45 PM, Tari Landar said:

Never once has this ever happened to me, my mom, anyone I know, except for those who don't necessarily treat their hair as kindly as they could, and those with poor genetics(I have an aunt, and had a grandma both with naturally more brittle hair). Hair isn't an accessory that happens to come with your body, it's part of you. If you take care of your hair, and don't abuse it, it's not going to snap that easily, it's just not (baring other factors out of your control). Most things are more elastic, or pliable, when wet. That doesn't necessarily make them more prone to damage though. This is also a misconception that I wish would simply go away and they'd stop teaching in cosmetology type courses and classes, it's a load of crap.

Based on my experience, I agree with this - it's not necessarily tying it up whilst wet, but what you tie it up with. A rubber band will cause dreadful damage to your hair but if you use a proper tie that's made for the job, and you keep your hair well-conditioned (don't wash it every day when it's long, for instance - two or three times a week is sufficient for most people and just brush it regularly to keep re-distributing its natural oils down the length of it), tying it up whilst wet won't damage it any more than tying it up while it's dry.

On 6/26/2020 at 4:41 AM, Amina Sopwith said:

I understand the draw of long hair on men, it can look so romantic and old-world manly...

When I was born, Dad's hair was already snow white and shoulder length, so I've a soft spot for that look. His manly look was not old style though. During times when his hair was my length, he'd sometimes mimic my do. He was five decades ahead of Jason Momoa and was hilarious when he did a head full of sprouts.

• Like 2

On 6/29/2020 at 11:17 AM, Lindal Kidd said:

I've been staying out of this thread because I am SO JEALOUS of Tari and you other gals with thick, fast-growing hair.

Yess.. yess burn the long hairs.. their so annoying when you go to eat a human and you get a mouth full of hair and have to cough up a hair ball.. Can you imagine what that is like for a dragon??? I mean seriously its not cool!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought this was going to be an incel post but dude genuinely just likes long haired women and this isn't some long ranting manifesto full of tortured metaphors and misused analogys.

I mean, I have a thing for women of all kinds. short, long, organic cape, doesn't matter. as long as you shower and arn't a terrible person you're good in my book.

Out for a very windy walk today. Friend told me to take my hairband out for a photo of my hair blowing all over the place. It looks very funny.