Would you date a "Rapunzel"?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1389 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

I love "Rapunzels" or women with really long hair! I'd date one if she were into me, too.

I do like long - or big- hair. Longer the better. Glam metal nekos rule!!

Though that does trigger certain 'toilet/germ/does it flop into the bowl?' concerns. No good having locks down to your calves if the lower half's crawing in dried poop :(

Would depend on the rest of her body and personality, I guess. 

You mean like Crystal Gayle.  I don’t know if she still keeps it that long, but keeping my own hair past my shoulders was-is a nightmare just because mine is super fine & brittle- it’s always pulled up.  Can’t imagine how difficult it would be to keep hair that long.  

2191551E-031F-436E-B3E5-0E27C3FE26AC.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I had to google her to see if she’s still alive. I’m pleased to say she is, and is still performing, still has the hair, and still looks like a million bucks.

I was vaguely certain she is still alive.  I’m not positive if her sister is, tho.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

I don’t know if she still keeps it that long, but keeping my own hair past my shoulders was-is a nightmare just because mine is super fine & brittle- it’s always pulled up.  Can’t imagine how difficult it would be to keep hair that long.  

Same. My hair is like a fairy, its super delicate. Since I was a child, I always wanted my hair to be long, like my dolls hair. But it never gets longer than mid-shoulderblade. A hint of a breeze will mess it up, because every strand is so fine, leaving an unappealing, tangeled mess behind. Because of that, its always in a pony tail, if I have to leave the house. Some day, I will make an appointment at a hair salon and get it cut off at neck length.

• Like 1

I have thick, wavy hair that at one point reached my hips...but it didn't look good. Too much weight in it, pulled it down and spoiled the shape. I also find that not many people have hair that looks healthy past a few inches below shoulder length and if it's not straight, you don't want to flatten it with too much weight. The longer the hair, the older the ends and in most people that does show. There's usually a point at which you see it's starting to look dryer and less healthy; best to keep it to that length or shorter, I think. But if it's like mine, you also find you can't wear it too short; I do need a bit of length to show the wave and stop it flying all over the place.

I still have it below my shoulders, but I know not to let it get too long now. Though after lockdown it's gone there. 

I actually love short hair and pixie cuts, probably because I've never had the hair or face to wear them. I've tried...

I'm so glad to see that parents of curly and wavy children have an idea now of how to care for that kind of hair. Nobody had a clue when I was a kid and I shudder to think of all the hard brushing and everything else. 

• Like 3

I have thick, relatively straight hair (it has some waves to it) that currently reaches my butt. Lemme tell you something: It's hot under there, it's heavy, it tangles super easy in the neck each night, I cannot do much with it because gravity. I dye my hair, and I need 6 (!) Packs of Dye everytime I redye. Washing it is a chore that takes ages. Airdrying takes ~6hours.
Currently I am at a point where I can't pull 'em up anymore because no goddamn hairtie is up for the task anymore.

It looks really good on me, tho.
But I'll cut it down again somewhat soon.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

I love "Rapunzels" or women with really long hair! I'd date one if she were into me, too.

I dated the male equivalent of a Rapunzel once. It was his hair and walk that attracted me to him. His hair fell just below his bottom (which was also rather nice). He worked in catering, so mostly had his hair tied in a pony tail, and one day, when we were snogging and I pulled his hair lose, I felt strange about running my fingers through such long straight hair.  I made it a rule after that never to date men with longer hair than my own.  

My current man grew his hair with his ego it seemed, and went through a phase of thinking he was God's gift to women when he was in his late-teens. Maybe a lot of men do, but I blamed it on his luscious long wavy hair. 

My own hair is usually trimmed every 12 weeks and kept a couple of inches below shoulder length. The lack of hairdressers has meant I have been able to grow it a bit longer, and sadly with all the humidity and heat lately, I just am looking more and more like Bart out of Dirk Gently rather than Rapunzel. 

• Like 3

I understand the draw of long hair on men, it can look so romantic and old-world manly...but somehow I always seem to end up with bald men or ones who like it super short! I like that though, so it's all good. My husband used to tell me it was all the testosterone. I liked it.

• Like 2

Oh god, yes. I absolutely love long-ish hair on guys -  my boyfriend has pretty long hair, shoulderblades long, I'd say. 
I still need to explain to him that you can go and just get the ends cut a little, for some reason he seems to believe if he goes to a hair saloon, he needs to cut it all off?

• Like 3

I'm a sucker for men with long hair. Mine was almost down to my waist at one point, but maintaining that was hard and I usually kept it a few inches past my shoulders and tied back in a ponytail. Once I started to go bald on top, I decided that it all had to go. 

It's why I usually keep it long on my avatar.

Edited by Maitimo
  • Like 4

Soooooo tempted to show you the photo I have of my current man when he was 19 and had all the glorious long hair, but obviously I can't (he would kill me undoubtedly if I did), but he was soooo pretty. And as old as he is - as we both are - now, I look at him and still see that beautiful young man I dated when I was 15 and he was 16. 

• Like 4

The best conditioner I've ever found is olive oil. Especially warmed up and applied as a head massage by someone else (mmm). You can even wrap your head in clingfilm and sleep in it for a super deep condition before washing it out. Coconut oil, argan oil and all those are good too, but olive oil really is the best. 

I remember as a teenager, reading in a magazine that egg would make your hair shine. Unfortunately, the article didn't specify that you needed to use cold water and I omeletted my head. 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

Soooooo tempted to show you the photo I have of my current man when he was 19 and had all the glorious long hair, but obviously I can't (he would kill me undoubtedly if I did), but he was soooo pretty. And as old as he is - as we both are - now, I look at him and still see that beautiful young man I dated when I was 15 and he was 16. 

I know an elderly couple, both with very sparse white hair now...but the lady will tell you that she has always loved red hair, she fell in love with her husband's red hair the first time she met him, and she still sees it now with him every day.

Growing old together is such a blessing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

The best conditioner I've ever found is olive oil. Especially warmed up and applied as a head massage by someone else (mmm). You can even wrap your head in clingfilm and sleep in it for a super deep condition before washing it out. Coconut oil, argan oil and all those are good too, but olive oil really is the best. 

I remember as a teenager, reading in a magazine that egg would make your hair shine. Unfortunately, the article didn't specify that you needed to use cold water and I omeletted my head. 

I've omeletted my head too in the past. We try all sorts of things don't we? I washed my hair in beer one time, and while it did for sure soften my hair, it did not leave it stinking all that nice and by a couple of hours later I had to wash it all over again (wrong type of beer??).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

I've omeletted my head too in the past. We try all sorts of things don't we? I washed my hair in beer one time, and while it did for sure soften my hair, it did not leave it stinking all that nice and by a couple of hours later I had to wash it all over again (wrong type of beer??).

Yep, I did the beer thing. Dad couldn't understand why all his beer was disappearing until I confessed. The look on his face when he discovered it had all gone down the drain... I didn't find it made any difference to my hair either, but it smelled!

I tried it again with Tetley (because I never learn) as that's a creamier beer, but it was just as crap!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Yep, I did the beer thing. Dad couldn't understand why all his beer was disappearing until I confessed. The look on his face when he discovered it had all gone down the drain... I didn't find it made any difference to my hair either, but it smelled!

I tried it again with Tetley (because I never learn) as that's a creamier beer, but it was just as crap!

And then one year, I used Super Sun In on my hair. Oh yes, it gave my hair a sun-kissed look, and half of it, and the skin on my hands, fell off! Vanity vanity. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1389 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.