Jump to content

How to add on Tattoo Appliers On Maitreya body


KareenCruxion
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

I've been having this problem for a while now, even back through my previous times on here. You see, I'm trying to apply a tattoo for my maitreya body. I started out by clicking the swiggly red blob that says BOM (insert tattoo name) brighter or darker than I click on the box that says Maitreya applier. However, when the applier appeared and I clicked on it said "No layer found for this applier. Please add a layer and retry"

I also checked the HUD and it didn't show any layers in  select layer section. And now at I'm at my wits end with trying to figure out how to put tattoos on the body. Anyone know how to go about doing so?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

You need to WEAR one of the extra layers so that the tattoo has something to apply to --- this on the Maitreya body.

image.png.361c8f9f9341eddf2322cc5c1080b524.png

Okay, thank you! I was able to apply the tattoo. I just have one more question. Hope you can help with me out with this one. What's the difference between Bom tattoos and mesh body tattoos? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, KareenCruxion said:

What's the difference between Bom tattoos and mesh body tattoos? 

   BOM use system layers, the 'mesh body tattoos' you refer to are appliers.

   Before mesh bodies (in its current sense in SL) was a thing, the system avatars used 'system layers' for skins, tattoos and apparel (often in conjunction with prims, sculpties or mesh details). Mesh bodies could not use these, but had to have those layers 'applied' to them, usually on 4 different layers ('onion skins') of the mesh; the applier basically just informed the mesh which texture to put on any given layer.

   With the introduction of BOM (Bakes on mesh), it was made possible to use the system layers on mesh bodies again. This allows for multiple textures to be put on any given surface of the body, and layered on top of each other - in essence removing the need for multiple meshes for the bodies (reducing their poly count and texture area) and removed some of the issues of alpha glitching (i.e. when two textures with alphas are rendered on top of each other, the front layer will cut through the one behind it).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, KareenCruxion said:

Okay, thank you! I was able to apply the tattoo. I just have one more question. Hope you can help with me out with this one. What's the difference between Bom tattoos and mesh body tattoos? 

Along with Owar's answer --- many mesh bodies that have been updated for BOM or are NEW versions will take the tattoos (as icons without applier system) the same as the regular original Linden body (the one you always wear under the mesh body but don't see).   This is VERY handy as you can always tell what skins and tattoos and clothing  (system layer clothing) you are wearing.  I love that part.  

 

MAITREYA chose to make the onion skin layers separate so that you only wear those (three layers available and you can wear none or all three) when NEEDED.   So this adds more steps and a more complex mode of getting your outfit together than on the regular BOM bodies.  And of course adds to the confusion.  

 

Unless Owar has a Lara body or an alt, he most likely didn't know that. :D 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Orwar said:

BOM use system layers, the 'mesh body tattoos' you refer to are appliers

Thanks for the clarification on this! 

3 hours ago, Orwar said:

 With the introduction of BOM (Bakes on mesh), it was made possible to use the system layers on mesh bodies again. This allows for multiple textures to be put on any given surface of the body, and layered on top of each other - in essence removing the need for multiple meshes for the bodies (reducing their poly count and texture area) and removed some of the issues of alpha glitching (i.e. when two textures with alphas are rendered on top of each other, the front layer will cut through the one behind it).

Okay. got thanks so much! @Orwar

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Along with Owar's answer --- many mesh bodies that have been updated for BOM or are NEW versions will take the tattoos (as icons without applier system) the same as the regular original Linden body (the one you always wear under the mesh body but don't see).   This is VERY handy as you can always tell what skins and tattoos and clothing  (system layer clothing) you are wearing.  I love that part.

What do you mean as icons with out appliers?

 

37 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

MAITREYA chose to make the onion skin layers separate so that you only wear those (three layers available and you can wear none or all three) when NEEDED.   So this adds more steps and a more complex mode of getting your outfit together than on the regular BOM bodies.  And of course adds to the confusion.  

When you say the skin layers in Maitreya are separate, does that mean there's a way to separate the original body from the maitreya or whatever mesh body you would be using?

 

39 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Unless Owar has a Lara body or an alt, he most likely didn't know that. :D 

LOL! Who know's maybe? Maybe he knows someone with that mesh body. Or maybe he is talking from experience without having used Lara body (in reference to my pretty silly question about the difference between "Bom tattoos and mesh body tattoos"?  )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Unless Owar has a Lara body or an alt, he most likely didn't know that.

   I do! I just sort of trailed off after a bit - I'm easily distracted.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

MAITREYA chose to make the onion skin layers separate so that you only wear those (three layers available and you can wear none or all three) when NEEDED.   So this adds more steps and a more complex mode of getting your outfit together than on the regular BOM bodies.  And of course adds to the confusion.  

This was done so that users can decide which layers, if any, they want to use and can control their complexity by choosing carefully. Yes, it does require a little bit of getting used to but it's a great feature.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, KareenCruxion said:

What do you mean as icons with out appliers?

 

An APPLIER will have a cube icon in the inventory. A BOM (or old fashion old texture type before mesh) tattoo, skin or clothing part will have the regular icon that goes along with that type of asset -- NOT a cube as those are all TEXTURES of one type of another and not OBJECTS>

2 hours ago, KareenCruxion said:

When you say the skin layers in Maitreya are separate, does that mean there's a way to separate the original body from the maitreya or whatever mesh body you would be using?

Look in your BOM Maitreya pack and you will see the different layers that you add. I posted a screenshot of the tattoo layer above.  There are three as I stated. 

2 hours ago, KareenCruxion said:

LOL! Who know's maybe? Maybe he knows someone with that mesh body. Or maybe he is talking from experience without having used Lara body (in reference to my pretty silly question about the difference between "Bom tattoos and mesh body tattoos"?  )

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...