Updating Ruins Search Placement

Luna Bliss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been doing some experimenting, and it appears that updating an item ruins your higher placement in Search.

This is true even if you just delete your item in the magic box and replace it with a new item.  I never even pushed the update button on the website listing page and this item fell to a much lower place in Search.

Is there a Jira for this does anyone know?

I would like to be able to adjust prices, add more instructions to note cards, or add better keywords - but it appears this is not possible unless you want to make your item less visible.

Yes Luna, I too have noticed this. Also when I moved my store in world a while back, it dropped me near off the in world search.  Not sure why this would happen but I also noticed in a little over a week, it fixed itself. 

I think what is happening is that the changes are showing as New and not Updated loosing at data.

This explains plenty. 

I have long wondered why newer, cheaper, better items with good keywords do not only not sell as well, but also receive fewer views than older, more expensive and less perfected items with no keywords at all.

Thanks for explaining it.

Now I'll make a point of not updating anything unless it is already not selling.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.