Jump to content
Saravendi

What Does Your Avatar Look Like Now?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Cousin Zeb

Ohh cousin Zeb you changed a lot.

Edited by Zzevir
  • Like 10
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Angel's Beach Studio....just testing. There's a less dressed version on my flickr page.....   😜

SL146.jpg

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why did we need a second thread with all the same pictures in it, though?

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

Why did we need a second thread with all the same pictures in it, though?

Because the only way most forum users can get "likes" is by posting pictures.

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That wasn't the intention. Sara started this thread off as an alternative to the original thread which was becoming bogged down in quotes and comments. 

Some of us have abandoned the original thread and just post here.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Some of us have abandoned the original thread and just post here.

But some are posting in both all the time 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

Why did we need a second thread with all the same pictures in it, though?

Some people thought the other thread was getting too many generalized comments and too much quoting of pictures posted.  I still see pictures being quoted here and sometimes a random comment without a photo, so go figure.  Mostly it was about trying to control the thread content, which anyone that has been around the forums long enough knows is really pretty much impossible.

Over time, my guess is that most everyone will move here, thus keeping this one on the front page and letting the other fall away, with the result that this thread will ultimately be no different than the other.

 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being older and growing up is stupid!
I want ice cream now!
And then on the swing!

Snapshot  New Berlin 07-13-2020 1536x1152.jpg

  • Like 11
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Some people thought the other thread was getting too many generalized comments and too much quoting of pictures posted.  I still see pictures being quoted here and sometimes a random comment without a photo, so go figure.  Mostly it was about trying to control the thread content, which anyone that has been around the forums long enough knows is really pretty much impossible.

Over time, my guess is that most everyone will move here, thus keeping this one on the front page and letting the other fall away, with the result that this thread will ultimately be no different than the other.

The situation of having two exactly the same purpose threads is not good. Most annoying thing is that some post exactly the same snapshot to both threads. Hasn't it been the general rule in the forums that "do not make double and/or multiple posts" of the same thing to various threads?

So to return the situation back to normal either thread should be locked down ASAP - or even merge the two threads into one single thread.
https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/405992-how-does-your-avatar-look-today/
and
https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/456871-what-does-your-avatar-look-like-now/

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 811Lord said:

Being older and growing up is stupid!
I want ice cream now!
And then on the swing!

My brother said something similar.  I had to drag him kicking and screaming back to adulthood.  And he's not getting anymore sweets; sugar will only make him more hyper.

"Playtime is over, kid. RL awaits."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to post on Facebook today to let my friends know I'm alive.  Apparently my silence on social media is not the norm :P

So, since I took the trouble to take a picture and post it -- because they were NOT getting a shot of my RL visage at this point lol -- here y'all go :)

Coffee Check-in_001.edit.png

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coby Foden said:

The situation of having two exactly the same purpose threads is not good. Most annoying thing is that some post exactly the same snapshot to both threads. Hasn't it been the general rule in the forums that "do not make double and/or multiple posts" of the same thing to various threads?

So to return the situation back to normal either thread should be locked down ASAP - or even merge the two threads into one single thread.
https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/405992-how-does-your-avatar-look-today/
and
https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/456871-what-does-your-avatar-look-like-now/

There are three threads for pics of avatars.  the Vanity Thread has been around since 2011 so is much older than either of these.

I see no reason to close or merge any of them.  You shouldn't post the same pic in more than one place but that hasn't been that common and isn't a reason to close down a popular thread.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...