Viewer won't open (Firestorm & Sl)

yojmoj

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been using Firestorm fine as can be for a while, and then today suddenly it won't open. It begins to boot up as usual, says "initialising VFX", but before the login screen shows an error box appears saying that Firestorm is not responding. I reinstalled and it did it again, and does it on the standard SL viewer too. I turned my firewall off and on again earlier so I don't know if it's anything to do with that but it's pretty annoying because there is no indication of what may be causing this. Does anybody have any idea why this could be? Thanks.

Hi @yojmoj

Firstly, let us have you system details by going to Firestorm's Help ↠ About Firestorm page. This is accessible from the top bar menus of Firestorm's opening screen (before you attempt to log in). Copy and Paste all that information in a post here.

Secondly, you might also try the matters dealt with here:-

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_install_crash#firestorm_locks_up_on_initializing_vfs

Its always very annoying when things have been fine for a long time, but suddenly something mysterious happens which causes problems.

Has anything else changed recently? I think there's a big round of Windows updates going on at the moment, for example.

Hey yojmoj. I too have been having issues with running FS 64 bit on windows 10 64 bit. it too locks up while showing "Intializing VFS". Yet it runs the 32 bit veriosn. I just posted a thread here about it in case you want to check the specs of my PC against yours to see if they may have the same issues. I havent gotten any replies yet about what it could be other than someone saying try checking out the FS website which I have and didnt find the answers I needed.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.