TMP Classic mesh body skin appliers?

TheCarMechanic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1376 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I use a Slink Physieke body for my male avatar, but today I picked up the TMP Classic body (I think before this body was called the Deluxe body?). I actually like it enough that I am willing to spend some lindens on skin appliers for this body. But does anybody know if there are still shops that are selling skin appliers for this body? I know TMP used to have their own HUD system, currency, clothes, heads, and what not. But that all seems to be gone now (I know they use two different locations, one for the Legacy body, and another one for the old Classic body, but I don't see any other products besides the bodies themselves). If somebody can point me in the right direction that would be great.

PS. I am also very much a newbie, so forgive me If I asked a silly question. :)

The new TMP "Classic" works with BoM (Bakes on Mesh) you just need to take off the body alpha turn on media and in the customisation section of the HUD is an option to turn on BoM which will allow you to use almost any system skin which may also be labelled as BoM plus you will be able to system layer clothes and tattoo layer items. The HUD does come with skins but as TMP bodies rely on an external server they could disappear at any time

• Like 1

Hi, thank you for your reply. I forgot to mention that I got the free version. I does not have BoM funcionality and doesn't come preloaded with extra skins. I think there is no TMP Omega relay system either. So unless I find skin appliers this body is pretty much useless?

3 hours ago, TheCarMechanic said:

Hi, thank you for your reply. I forgot to mention that I got the free version. I does not have BoM funcionality and doesn't come preloaded with extra skins

I have the free version too on both a male & female alt there is a section on the HUD that requires you to have media enabled in this section there are preloaded skins and a BoM option which I use for both bodies. No TMP products work with Omega and in the old days you used to need an installer for skins and the free body they offered you were stuck with the preloaded skins. 

If you can get BoM or the skins to work you will have a functional body but it won't be as good content wise as the likes of Slink, Belleza & Signature. The body is said to work with 80-90% of pre-existing TMP content and there isn't so much around these days as creators favour other bodies and phase out old content

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheCarMechanic said:

Hi, thank you for your reply. I forgot to mention that I got the free version. I does not have BoM funcionality and doesn't come preloaded with extra skins. I think there is no TMP Omega relay system either. So unless I find skin appliers this body is pretty much useless?

Oh yes, it has BoM. It is not easy to find where to turn it on, and that's not surprising... lol. Instead of trying to tell you where to find it, a picture is better... scroll down to the GIF. This is the page for Legacy, but I have the free body on an alt and BoM, so I am 100% sure. It's been made a lot of BoM stuff now, it is really speeding up.

https://www.meshbody.com/updates

Remember you have to be on land that has media enabled to activate it. Later, you use BoM skins, tattoos, freckles etc without having to open the style HUD. You don't have to turn on media more, the alpha part work without media.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I know TMP gets a lot of hate here, but kudos to them for giving this body away for 1L$. As far as looks go, it beats my Slink Physieke body hands down. It's a good looking body.

Now the next question is, where do I find a skin shop that includes or sells BoM/System files. My best guess would be Glam Affair with their skins for the Lelutka evolution heads? Any suggestions?

Edited by TheCarMechanic
typo

3 minutes ago, TheCarMechanic said:

Now the next question is, where do I find a skin shop that includes or sells BoM/System files. My best guess would be Glam Affair with their skins for the Lelutka evolution heads? Any suggestions?

Assuming - from your initial post - that you want male BoM skins, then Glam Affair is not where you need to be. They don't sell male skins - only female ones - and their counterpart (Tableau Vivant) don't have any male BoM skins as yet.

Take a look at this blog for an updated list of all stores currently selling male BoM skins. Their Discord server - linked at the top of that page - has the newest updates as they're released (although, as expected, the female BoM skins channel is far more active than the male one).

A reminder: always always ALWAYS try a demo first, even with BoM skins. If you're going to opt for a Lelutka Evolution head, then you must ensure that your BoM skin is created specifically for those types of head, and for that brand specifically. The Evolution range is an HD (High Definition) head, and the texture mapping on those is different from non-HD heads, so non-HD BoM skins won't look quite right on them.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Assuming - from your initial post - that you want male BoM skins, then Glam Affair is not where you need to be. They don't sell male skins - only female ones - and their counterpart (Tableau Vivant) don't have any male BoM skins as yet.

Take a look at this blog for an updated list of all stores currently selling male BoM skins. Their Discord server - linked at the top of that page - has the newest updates as they're released (although, as expected, the female BoM skins channel is far more active than the male one).

A reminder: always always ALWAYS try a demo first, even with BoM skins. If you're going to opt for a Lelutka Evolution head, then you must ensure that your BoM skin is created specifically for those types of head, and for that brand specifically. The Evolution range is an HD (High Definition) head, and the texture mapping on those is different from non-HD heads, so non-HD BoM skins won't look quite right on them.

Thanks for the link! Exactly what I needed. 👍

Not going for a new head atm. The idea is to get BoM files and/or appliers for both body and head from the same brand to get a perfect match. The skin for the head can still be a tattoo installer just as long as the tones are the same as the BoM files. Tinting or finding a match for the pre-installed skins with this body won't lead to satisfying results I think.

Edited by TheCarMechanic

• 4 weeks later...

I tested Birth's skin for the Legacy body and it applies to the Classic body too and looks quite good. Nothing seems to be really out of place. Even the nipples haven't slipped a lot. Both the applier and the BOM skin work.

What's Eating TMP LIX

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1376 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.