Help, beginner stuff? (and rant)

eatember

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1401 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's been a couple of years since I played and I have no idea what I'm doing at all. 😬

I'm trying to wear the Kemono body without missing parts or a missing HUD, but all of the instructions I find are full of terms I don't recognize anymore. Here's a screenshot of the card that came with it, but I have no idea what Object Detail (LOD) is, or "detatch and rez" on the ground? I remember vaguely doing something like that last time played a few years ago but I don't remember how to do it and I'm having trouble finding any helpful tutorials or instructions. I'm not even really sure what to google search for to help? Like what words? There are just so many terms I don't remember, this is so frustrating I could cry. Even the beginner tutorials on youtube assume you already know how to do some things and use terms without explaining them. 

Also, I remember there's a difference between "wear" and "add" but I don't remember what it is or which to press? 

I wish there were a directory of terms and definitions handy or something. I keep coming back to SL because I love this concept and the creativity is so cool but I feel like I need to devote two weeks of intensive study and sacrifice my first born whenever I want to play. I know SL is knowledge-heavy, I'm just frustrated because I would really like to interact with it in more of an occasional, casual way but I know it's not really meant for that. It's like wanting to interact with proper chocolate making in a casual, occasional way lol. It can be an intense, knowledge-heavy discipline and if you try to do it just for fun on a whim you will 100% end up crying at some point, let me tell you.  

TLDR: I could desperately use some decent beginner tutorials about wearing things and changing bodies? And any other newbie tutorials or advice, really. 

what does this mean2.png

EDIT: I did end up getting the HUD up and I realized that the abdomen was just not selected for some reason? Avatar and HUD are both visible now. :) I'm still looking for some newbie tutorials and such though. 

Edited by eatember

I wish I could help you, but I never used Kemono. I will suggest you find some inworld groups by searching for Kemono and see if it is some like Kemono friends or Kemono support.

Or search for Utilizator groups, the store that makes Kemono.

Kemono is worn by many furries, so furries support groups maybe?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1401 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.