Instagram

liko211

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1372 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i was going to be selling on instagram my own skins on my own made up brand but custom (as in people like to have their face or other faces in the game) but i wanted to know how to go about it safely so im not breaking any rules or violating any terms, i see alot of people when they receive the payment they use an tipjar to get payed, whats up with that? instead of just receiving the lindens directly.

Edited by liko211

I believe that the reason why most people use tip jar is because they run a business with someone else, so the tip jar makes it fair to send a percentage to both of them at the same time.

Even in some Photography studios where i used to work, clients are asked to pay the tip jar instead of sending direct money to the photographer so that the owners of the studio can get their percentage of the payment as well which is usually 10 to 20%

As long as you're using your own skills to make the skins and you're not stealing it from somewhere else, you're 100% safe and can use any platform to promote your work like Instagram, Facebook, Flickr ...

Just to be on the safe side, it's better if you can use an Object and call it for example [ Skin - [ Name of the customer ] ] and put the skin that you going to sell inside the object with the price & make the person buy it in world so that you can keep record of selling a SKIN, and it'll be recorded as such in your Transactions and their Transactions as well, if you just receive direct payment you cannot prove that you sold a custom made skin, it'll just look like an unusual activity in the virtual economy.

Be safe, and good luck for your business ♥

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1372 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.