Two week old newbie looking for friends

Fenris4024

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well, I've replied to a few of the same type of post as this one, I figure I might as well toss one up here as well... 

A little blurb about myself : In SL so far I've come to really enjoy some of the great djs we have here... Granted, my experience in ALL DA CLUBZ has been pretty limited to only a few places... But, the djs have inspired me to look into the ins and outs of SL DJing myself... 

Which brings me to the point of music; pretty much if it's got a good melody, solid hook and a good beat, I enjoy it. I'm a fan of Country, Rock (modern and classic), Blues, R&B, and some trance/techno.... Rap never really did much for me, but I can still appreciate the talent some Rappers have. 

I enjoy the water a LOT (likely cause I'm in Texas and the nearest beach is a 12 hr drive. So, this led me to getting something I'd never have in meatspace... Love my boat. In RL, I doubt my jeep could tow one of that size, and once again, 12hr road trip. It's a motor yacht as I had no clue how to sail (yet). 

I enjoy building (at least in the form of decorating... Still learning how to SL build things) I'd say likely that 50% of my time so far has been setting my place up. 

Shopping is alright, just not as amazing for us guys... Our options are certainly more limited, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't tag along and give an opinion. 

I'm inclusive and don't care about gender, sexual preferences, race, or creed. I will be up front though and say I am not a fan of the orange tweeter. I firmly believe that Love is Love, and that all of us were created as equals, even if society doesn't think so. We're all humans (irl) and have hopes, feelings and fears. We should treat one another as such, and not disposable playthings (unless that's your thing, in which case, you do you!) 

While I am not opposed to a SL relationship, it'd STAY SL. I'm not looking for a meatspace hookup, as I already have an SO I love dearly. What I mean by this is that if one did occur over the course of a friendship (kinda how they do in the real world), I wouldn't run screaming in terror. I'm not actively seeking one out though.

Alright, sorry for the wall of text... And if you want, feel free to add me (here or in world) @Fenris4024, or just look me up in search and strike up a conversation

Edited by Fenris4024
ETA About relationships

Hi Fenris,

I could show you how to sail in SL. When I am not busy doing what I am doing that is.

I have a nice little Loonetta and sail the blake sea frequently. Also did a sailing tour around the mayor mainland continents.
Here the story (very long a and a bit NSFW): Sailing around the world.

What is an SO anyway?

Not looking for an SL relationship though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Caroline Takeda said:

Hi Fenris,

I could show you how to sail in SL. When I am not busy doing what I am doing that is.

I have a nice little Loonetta and sail the blake sea frequently. Also did a sailing tour around the mayor mainland continents.
Here the story (very long a and a bit NSFW): Sailing around the world.

What is an SO anyway?

Not looking for an SL relationship though. 

Ohhh, yeah, I've read that actually..... was one of the articles that actually made me super interested in sailing in SL. I didn't realize that this was the same Caroline... small world. There'd be no rush on the sailing, so like you said, when you're not doing other things. I do absolutely thank you and appreciate the offer.... 

28 minutes ago, BeautifulXu said:

SO is a Significant Other, a boyfriend or girl friend. A partner.

Yep, sometimes I forget not everyone will know acronyms that I know, thanks for the explanation BeautifulXu!

6 hours ago, Fenris4024 said:

meatspace

He said meatspace. Lmao!!!!🥩😂😁🤣🤪😎👍🍖

Whew!!!! Now that, that is out of my system. lol I am sorry. I never heard that term before so it was just funny to me. lol That is certainly going to be stuck in my head for a while now too. lol Thank you so very much for waking up my inner child this morning. lol 😎

tenor.gif54MG.gif

All jokes a side if you want depending on what your interested in I can probably introduce you around to some people during my free time provided your free too when they are online mate. In terms of relationships on here I'd probably keep them in the realm of role play relationships as much as possible just so you don't take the chance and risk catching feelings to much for the person mate. That's a slippery slope regardless so just be careful with that brother. I don't normally read a lot of these posts, but yours caught my eye because I noticed you had replied to a lot of them in this section. I am not going to lie now. My online times vary and can be sporadic at times because I have a bunch of other stuff going on half the time and during the week if I am on late it's generally because my SL wife has me doing something or I am working on a project or throwing a movie on the TV like it's Netflix to fall a sleep to. lol So if I don't answer I am not being rude. I am literally knocked out and instead of me watching the movie the movie is watching me. lol The weekends are usually my best times to make plans for. My mates are definitely more active on here then I am, but like I said depending on what interests you I more then likely can probably point you in the right direction mate. If your interested just feel free to PM me on the forums next time your online and as soon as I catch it I'll log in world and add you if I am not already on. Have a good one mate.😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

He said meatspace. Lmao!!!!🥩😂😁🤣🤪😎👍🍖

Whew!!!! Now that, that is out of my system. lol I am sorry. I never heard that term before so it was just funny to me. lol That is certainly going to be stuck in my head for a while now too. lol Thank you so very much for waking up my inner child this morning. lol 😎

tenor.gif54MG.gif

*Laughs!* Glad you enjoy the term as much as I do! Its always great to brighten someone's day.

Honestly, I'm sorry if  I came across as looking for a relationship in my original post, that was not the intention, I was simply stating that if one DID occur, I wouldn't run screaming! I'll edit the original to make it a bit more clear....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fenris4024 said:

*Laughs!* Glad you enjoy the term as much as I do! Its always great to brighten someone's day.

Honestly, I'm sorry if  I came across as looking for a relationship in my original post, that was not the intention, I was simply stating that if one DID occur, I wouldn't run screaming! I'll edit the original to make it a bit more clear....

Oh no you were fine mate. I'm sorry. You were perfectly clear. I got you anyway. I just said what I said because sometimes people get immersed in to it some times is all. You didn't make it seem that way. Your good my friend. That was just me being overly cautious and putting all the warning labels of it on the box is all. Your fine. Your totally fine mate. You were totally clear as crystal as far as I was concerned. Sorry about that. lol 😎

7 hours ago, Fenris4024 said:

Well, I've replied to a few of the same type of post as this one, I figure I might as well toss one up here as well... 

A little blurb about myself : In SL so far I've come to really enjoy some of the great djs we have here... Granted, my experience in ALL DA CLUBZ has been pretty limited to only a few places... But, the djs have inspired me to look into the ins and outs of SL DJing myself... 

Which brings me to the point of music; pretty much if it's got a good melody, solid hook and a good beat, I enjoy it. I'm a fan of Country, Rock (modern and classic), Blues, R&B, and some trance/techno.... Rap never really did much for me, but I can still appreciate the talent some Rappers have. 

I enjoy the water a LOT (likely cause I'm in Texas and the nearest beach is a 12 hr drive. So, this led me to getting something I'd never have in meatspace... Love my boat. In RL, I doubt my jeep could tow one of that size, and once again, 12hr road trip. It's a motor yacht as I had no clue how to sail (yet). 

I enjoy building (at least in the form of decorating... Still learning how to SL build things) I'd say likely that 50% of my time so far has been setting my place up. 

Shopping is alright, just not as amazing for us guys... Our options are certainly more limited, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't tag along and give an opinion. 

I'm inclusive and don't care about gender, sexual preferences, race, or creed. I will be up front though and say I am not a fan of the orange tweeter. I firmly believe that Love is Love, and that all of us were created as equals, even if society doesn't think so. We're all humans (irl) and have hopes, feelings and fears. We should treat one another as such, and not disposable playthings (unless that's your thing, in which case, you do you!) 

While I am not opposed to a SL relationship, it'd STAY SL. I'm not looking for a meatspace hookup, as I already have an SO I love dearly. What I mean by this is that if one did occur over the course of a friendship (kinda how they do in the real world), I wouldn't run screaming in terror. I'm not actively seeking one out though.

Alright, sorry for the wall of text... And if you want, feel free to add me (here or in world) @Fenris4024, or just look me up in search and strike up a conversation

I think decorating and building are on par with shopping right?

2 minutes ago, kelly754754 said:

I think decorating and building are on par with shopping right?

Just more expensive than clothes *laughs* I just assumed that shopping for most people meant clothes...of course, that's what I get for assuming, huh? I guess in this case, then sure, I LOVE shopping?

58 minutes ago, Fenris4024 said:

Ohhh, yeah, I've read that actually..... was one of the articles that actually made me super interested in sailing in SL. I didn't realize that this was the same Caroline... small world.  

I get that often recently. Maybe because I got that new last name.
Me formerly known as Caroline Resident (carolinestravels).

Yey, I can be under cover now without resorting to an ALT.

For now.

• Haha 2

I am in Florida, you are in Texas, so we are practically neighbors. Your post in very interesting. I to have a motor yacht because I don't know how to sail, maybe we could go boating together sometime, or maybe I could just decorate the bow of yours while you explore the waters of SL.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.