online videos not working

nashandra100

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1403 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey everyone, 

I recently tried to watch a video on ESPN but it would not play, saying it couldn't load because the format wasn't supported. I tried on several sites and many of them didn't work except for Youtube. I use a Mac and the Firestorm viewer but I cant watch anything out of Youtube. I tried following the online instructions about tweaking the prefernces but it still doesn't work. Has anyone here run into this problem or know a fix? 

Thanks in advance,

2 answers to this question

The problem is that LL changed some of the underlying code.  At this point, YouTube is about the only video source you can consistently watch in Second Life. 

If you want to watch TV, watch it outside of SL, preferably on your big 4K screen.

You might have some luck with a release candidate viewer, CEF Update 2020, which is rumored to be next in line for release as the official Linden viewer. I just tried it and it played a Vimeo video that would never play with any of the current viewers I tried. Once it gets into the official Linden viewer, it shouldn't be too long before Firestorm picks it up too.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1403 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.