Sign in to follow this  
BelindaN

Looking to rent.........beachside

Ok I'm so tempted to go beachside. My current house is lovely but is landlocked and I've been given a tour round some forumite houses which have turned my head.

Today I started looking around but boy, why do they make it so darned hard to fight through all the crap?

I just want a beachside bungalow, ready built so I can furnish it. The best I found was on the XO mainstore sim, but that's a gangster RP sim, so that rules it out. But the properties are perfect.

So today I'm out of time.............but it should be as simple as a couple of clicks to find a list of rentals, and clearly it isnt.

This is me ranting.

There are a couple of rental threads down in the Land Forum; maybe you can find something good in there. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

@BelindaN,

Here's how to do it.

1. Open Search (CTRL+F)
  2. Click the Websearch tab (if using Firestorm)
  3. Click the Land and Rentals tab
  4. Click the little View All Land and Rentals link
  5. In the box on the left, choose "Rentals" as the type
  6. Choose Mainland
  7. Set parcel size or price limits, if you want
  8. In the search box at the top of the window, enter "waterfront"
  9. Search.

The above is for Mainland rentals.  You may also want to search For Sale parcels, rather than just rentals.  You can use your 1024 Premium allowance on a mainland parcel, in lieu of your Linden Home.

You can also search Private Estate parcels.  In this case, don't click Rentals, but For Sale.  Many more Estate parcels are on the water, compared to Mainland listings.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Lindal Kidd said:

@BelindaN,

Here's how to do it.

1. Open Search (CTRL+F)
  2. Click the Websearch tab (if using Firestorm)
  3. Click the Land and Rentals tab
  4. Click the little View All Land and Rentals link
  5. In the box on the left, choose "Rentals" as the type
  6. Set parcel size or price limits, if you want
  7. In the search box at the top of the window, enter "waterfront"
  8. Search.

I'm in awe. Don't overestimate my awe, because it doesn't take much for me to sink into the awe pit. But Tysm for that Lindal.

• Haha 1

Most of the really classy places that I have found don't seem to advertise in either SEARCH or the Marketplace.  In fact right now in the Private with House type there is only one rental company.  So likely they have an office and you could check there. 

Here are a couple of waterfront places I have lived that were very nice. Summer is a good time to move as there are usually vacancies :D.

image.png.2d878128a7444f03f2d6fdb755f5077d.png

Most lots at Peopny have ocean views, some with sand. Info at landing point. 

Puddlechurch has both waterfront and cliff dwellings.   List of current availables here: https://puddlechurch.net/rentals

image.thumb.png.219f603abc3beea00c67a638542e0ab2.png

Soul 2 Soul has some waterfront places also -- https://soul2soulsl.com/    Various themed  sims.

And if you just want a little beach house then these sims have various sizes. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Baja Norte/191/166/23

image.thumb.png.9e86feaa7bee3d00185176a56309b18f.png

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Ok I'm so tempted to go beachside. My current house is lovely but is landlocked and I've been given a tour round some forumite houses which have turned my head.

Today I started looking around but boy, why do they make it so darned hard to fight through all the crap?

I just want a beachside bungalow, ready built so I can furnish it. The best I found was on the XO mainstore sim, but that's a gangster RP sim, so that rules it out. But the properties are perfect.

So today I'm out of time.............but it should be as simple as a couple of clicks to find a list of rentals, and clearly it isnt.

This is me ranting.

I have a spot in my region I am letting be rented. No house there though...

• Like 1

I've just got a vacant parcel but it's not really a beachy place.  Frankly it looks as though it rains a lot.  Good for the complexion though. :) 

Disclaimer:  This is not an ad.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I've just got a vacant parcel but it's not really a beachy place.  Frankly it looks as though it rains a lot.  Good for the complexion though. :) 

Disclaimer:  This is not an ad.

Mine is that way to lol. Lush grasses and lots of vegetation. However, I do have a beach area.

• Like 1

Just now, Tarina Sewell said:

Mine is that way to lol. Lush grasses and lots of vegetation. However, I do have a beach area.

Oh I have beach but it's rocky and wet and there are probably goblins hiding there.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Ok I'm so tempted to go beachside

Skegness and Filey not good enough for you anymore huh?  😆

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Sounds cool, Belinda!  I need to hunt for a home to rent myself and with Lindal's advice...wow!...that's great.

My point for posting in this thread, we need a Summer picture thread real soon!  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dano Seale said:

Skegness and Filey not good enough for you anymore huh?  😆

Oh God, Skegness... I grew up in Lincolnshire and went there many times as a kid. 

15076026270_6b0ab69ddb_b.jpg

*shudders*

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

Oh God, Skegness... I grew up in Lincolnshire and went there many times as a kid.

Lmao, you and me both mate! Filey as a "nipper", graduated to Butlins Skegness as a "teen"! Heady days.  😆

(Along with various outings to Southport and the once a year trip to Blackpool on the "Charra" coach! lol).

Is that Chegwin there? Looks like the tosser!  😂

Edited by Dano Seale
Forgot to add..

15 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

I think you might be right. And Maggie Philbin?

3 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

And Maggie Philbin?

Nah. Maggie had a sharper facial structure...and was a brunette back in those days.

celeb-news-maggie-philbin-keith-chegwin-1612147.jpg

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

Lmao, you and me both mate! Filey as a "nipper", graduated to Butlins Skegness as a "teen"! Heady days.  😆

(Along with various outings to Southport and the once a year trip to Blackpool on the "Charra" coach! lol).

lmao.  Wata language-a isa this?   Huh?  0.o

(joking but still......)

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I was lucky. Even though we had no spare money, we had relatives in Blackpool, and family who got railway passes, so it was Blackpool twice a year.

We crammed in a terraced house with two bedrooms. The outside toilet was still in the yard.

Edited by BelindaN
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

Sounds cool, Belinda!  I need to hunt for a home to rent myself and with Lindal's advice...wow!...that's great.

My point for posting in this thread, we need a Summer picture thread real soon!  

Summer pics for sure. I'm always up for collaboration as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BelindaN said:

I was lucky. Even though we had no spare money, we had relatives in Blackpool, and family who got railway passes, so it was Blackpool twice a year.

We crammed in a terraced house with two bedrooms. The outside toilet was still in the yard.

“Luxury! We ‘ad cardboard box in’t middle o’ road!”

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Sister Nova said:

“Luxury! We ‘ad cardboard box in’t middle o’ road!”

But you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe ya'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I see in the news that England has declared a "major incident" because people are overcrowding the Dorset beaches and risking a coronavirus spreader event(s)...

SL beaches are safer!