Linden Labs closed??????

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1403 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hey, my friend is trying to get in contact with Linden Labs because her account is now on hold. she tried calling the Linden Labs numbers multiple times but the answering machine says “you’re calling us outside of our normal business hours” and nobody seems to look at the tickets. what’s going on? my friend needs to pay her land, get into events. anyone know how else she could contact linden labs and talk to an actual representative?

30 minutes ago, itsdenimboo said:

hey, my friend is trying to get in contact with Linden Labs because her account is now on hold. she tried calling the Linden Labs numbers multiple times but the answering machine says “you’re calling us outside of our normal business hours” and nobody seems to look at the tickets. what’s going on? my friend needs to pay her land, get into events. anyone know how else she could contact linden labs and talk to an actual representative?

Well today is Sunday and Our Billing team is available from 9am to 6pm EST(6am to 3pm PST), Monday through Friday.

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000131009-contact-support

• Like 9

1 minute ago, itsdenimboo said:

thank you for responding. unfortunately we’ve already tired all other options. it’s been roughly 3 weeks and haven’t heard a word. she’s worried that her account will be deleted. 

I presume she has submitted a support ticket? Has she checked on the status of it?  She can always ask another question on it

• Like 1

Just now, Velk Kerang said:

Has your friend opened up an actual support ticket via the web site? If not then I would have her do that mate. Good luck.😎

1 minute ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I presume she has submitted a support ticket? Has she checked on the status of it?  She can always ask another question on it

yes she submitted a ticket. still says “processing”

4 minutes ago, itsdenimboo said:

yes she submitted a ticket. still says “processing”

If she has the option of adding another message in the ticket then I would do that if the ticket has sat a while. Sometimes it gauges an actual response and sometimes not. Welcome to the wonderful world of Linden Lab customer support. lol I feel your pain mate. I really do. You have to basically pester them daily in order to get things done. lol 😎

Edited by Velk Kerang
Corrections.
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Velk Kerang said:

If she has the option of adding another message in the ticket then I would do that if the ticket has sat a while. Sometimes it gauges an actual response and sometimes not. Welcome to the wonderful world of Linden Lab customer support. lol I feel your pain mate. I really do. You have to basically pester them daily in order to get things done. lol 😎

haha i appreciate this thank you!

The usual reasons for an account being put on hold is: 
1) The person owes LL money (payment method no longer valid when tier and/or Premium fee and/or region monthly fee came due)
2) LL is investigating something (and you may never know "what" exactly)
3) Short term bans

I'm pretty sure the person gets an email for all reasons, but definitely for #1 and #3.  Check email spam folder if the user hasn't seen any emails that might explain it.

If the account is on hold because LL is investigating something, that investigation could take quite a while and there is pretty much nothing that can be done until that investigation is completed.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No matter what the circumstances, trying to phone LL about a ticket status or an account status will not work.  They don't take calls for this.

With one exception:  You can call the Billing Hotline (during the week, during normal business hours US west coast time) about a billing issue.  If the account is on hold for another reason, that won't help.

8 hours ago, itsdenimboo said:

It's a Sunday. They are closed at weekends.

They open 9am (Pacific time) on Monday morning.

38 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

Maybe you yourself can contact and explain to their landlord or pay their rent until they get back?

I was thinking the same thing, Dano.  But, I don't know what he means by her "account is on hold".  What does an account on hold mean? 

What an account on hold in America means is money is past due such as bills haven't been paid.  

????????????????? for Second Life.  You'd lose your land if money wasn't paid, I'd think.  

Edited by FairreLilette

16 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

But, I don't know what he means by her "account is on hold".  What does an account on hold mean? 

What an account on hold in America means is money is past due such as bills haven't been paid.  

????????????????? for Second Life.  You'd lose your land if money wasn't paid, I'd think.  

The usual reasons for an account being put on hold is: 
1) The person owes LL money (payment method no longer valid when tier and/or Premium fee and/or region monthly fee came due)
2) LL is investigating something (and you may never know "what" exactly)
3) Short term bans

If you own Mainland and have Premium fee and/or tier due, but cannot pay it because you removed the payment method or the payment method is no longer valid (expired credit card), you do not necessarily lose your land.  Your account is locked until you contact LL to pay the money due.  If it is within a few months, then your land and everything else will still be as it was when you last logged in.  If it is more than a few months, then you land might have been reclaimed by LL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1403 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.