Any word on 2fa?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Even non-premium members can have payment info that can be stolen. 2FA or not 2FA. That is the question. It might even be a liability if a non-premium was hacked while LL only had 2FA for premiums. 

Using 2FA isn’t much of a difficulty at all. The ones I’ve seen won’t constantly try to authenticate. They just do it if you try to log in from a different device. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Velk Kerang said:

Oh well personally I'd probably quit in a heart beat if I were being totally honest. Try to anyway. lol Because that would be my first impulse reaction. lol The reality of what will more then likely happen though is my SL wife would probably talk me out of it though. lol I look at it like this. I've been around since the birth of the internet as I am sure a lot of us have 

Yeah, I've been here on the internet since nearly it's birth, pioneering both Ebay and Paypal over 20 years ago, but I don't mind changes.   Pioneering Paypal was kind of scary at that time and involved trust.  But, prior to Paypal we only had checks or a money order to except as payment and most sent checks which take 14 days to clear before we could ship.  So, Paypal was invented.   

And, there will be some changes with the internet now I'm sure but it's really not that big of a deal except to the hackers, tax evaders, things like that.  

We are a world of a "new normal" many more people may be shopping online now too; many businesses going to online business only now due to Covid-19.

I wouldn't let it get you too upset if things change.  The world changes; we adapt as we choose too.  

Edited by FairreLilette

1 hour ago, FairreLilette said:

Yeah, I've been here on the internet since nearly it's birth, pioneering both Ebay and Paypal over 20 years ago, but I don't mind changes.   Pioneering Paypal was kind of scary at that time and involved trust.  But, prior to Paypal we only had checks or a money order to except as payment and most sent checks which take 14 days to clear before we could ship.  So, Paypal was invented.   

And, there will be some changes with the internet now I'm sure but it's really not that big of a deal except to the hackers, tax evaders, things like that.  

We are a world of a "new normal" many more people may be shopping online now too; many businesses going to online business only now due to Covid-19.

I wouldn't let it get you too upset if things change.  The world changes; we adapt as we choose too.  

I'd probably be all right with it if it's mainly for linden purchases and what not and they had an email option. I just don't want to have to authenticate every time I log in though. lol So I guess I'd just have to wait and see how they implemented it because for all I know it might not even bother me. As long as I don't need to download an app I'd probably be fine. I am slow to change on some things. I'm still sporting an old flip phone. lol I don't much care for them new phones with their beep, beep, beep, beep, beeps. lol 😎

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.