What would be a cool fandom roleplay sim that you would like to see? 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 87 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• For me, I would love to make a Buffy and Angel inspired sim. 

How about you? 

Edited by BloodSparda
  • Like 1

The Silmarillion.

Many years ago I was involved in a forum-based RP that had characters from the Silmarillion and Lord of the Rings inexplicably resurrected in a modern California beach town. That was the most awesome RP I have ever done and I'd love to do something like that again. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 6/19/2020 at 2:06 PM, BloodSparda said:

• For me, I would love to make a Buffy and Angel inspired sim. 

How about you? 

There actually used to be a Buffy The Vampire RP sim based off the original shows on SL called Sunnydale SL years ago when I first joined. My original avatar was purely designed to be Spike in every aspect of the character. Which apparently I did a pretty good job because I got treated like I was actually James Marsters and I would literally have to some times switch avatars to escape all of the attention I was getting. lol It was wild and crazy. lol I even once had this lady try to talk me in to doing a movie on the sim she really wanted to produce and have me star in on top of a lot of the other RP'ers that went there and she took me on a tour of her personal sim in a helicopter and was trying to convince me to talk the Sunnydale owners in to allowing her to shoot there which I GM'ed for them right up until they closed down. I am not going to go in to how she tried to sweeten the spot, but sufficed to say I brought her to a screeching halt and let her know out right she was chapping her lips on the wrong behind. lol It was definitely different times in SL back then, but fun times none the less. lol😎

I did as a favor and just to be nice tried talking to the owners and gave them her name, but the owners were really up tight, clingy, and controlling about a lot of things when it came to the sim so unfortunately that movie on SL never got made. Sadly market place didn't exist in the way that it does now back then either so they never really marketed any of the items they sold on the sim itself or would consent to selling any of the builds for the sim either so that others could carry it on. They were also very unwilling to pass the torch on to anyone else and let them take over the reigns. I would actually consider taking that avatar out of retirement if a decent and stable enough Buffy RP sim existed again. Sadly even all the blogs and web sites with screenshots of it are no longer online either. It's now basically as if it never existed in the first place. Had the owners not been dips about it in the first place I am fairly sure that it would have still been around to this day. So I'd be all for a Buffy/Angel RP sim or even one based off the show Supernatural. I got a long list of ones I'd like to see, but those are my two top picks of the lot since you mentioned and referenced Buffy mate. lol So ya sure I'd pull the demon back out of his long sleep in his coffin for another round about with the slayer. lol Official sponsor of my killing you! Lmao!!!!😎

Also thank you so very much for posting this. I appreciate it. I did not know they had The Animated Adventures Of Buffy out. lol Apparently I am behind on the times. lol I'll have to check that out. So thanks mate.😎👍

Edited by Velk Kerang
Corrections.
  • Like 1
On 6/20/2020 at 6:01 PM, Maitimo said:

The Silmarillion.

Many years ago I was involved in a forum-based RP that had characters from the Silmarillion and Lord of the Rings inexplicably resurrected in a modern California beach town. That was the most awesome RP I have ever done and I'd love to do something like that again. 

I don't know what Simarilion is, but I do know Lord of the Rings. That sounds pretty cool though.

On 6/21/2020 at 6:34 PM, Talula Shippe said:

Speaking of Joss Whedon, there used to be an active RP community of Firefly-verse sims.  I miss that.

Really? I missed it then. I like Firefly as well. It does have a lot of potential. 

On 6/21/2020 at 7:13 PM, PekeNL said:

My Hero Academia. But you know.. That's Niche as it is.

I love My Hero Academia. I wish there were more superhero related sims around. I heard I missed that era of Second Life. 

On 6/22/2020 at 2:55 AM, Velk Kerang said:

There actually used to be a Buffy The Vampire RP sim based off the original shows on SL called Sunnydale SL years ago when I first joined. My original avatar was purely designed to be Spike in every aspect of the character. Which apparently I did a pretty good job because I got treated like I was actually James Marsters and I would literally have to some times switch avatars to escape all of the attention I was getting. lol It was wild and crazy. lol I even once had this lady try to talk me in to doing a movie on the sim she really wanted to produce and have me star in on top of a lot of the other RP'ers that went there and she took me on a tour of her personal sim in a helicopter and was trying to convince me to talk the Sunnydale owners in to allowing her to shoot there which I GM'ed for them right up until they closed down. I am not going to go in to how she tried to sweeten the spot, but sufficed to say I brought her to a screeching halt and let her know out right she was chapping her lips on the wrong behind. lol It was definitely different times in SL back then, but fun times none the less. lol😎

I did as a favor and just to be nice tried talking to the owners and gave them her name, but the owners were really up tight, clingy, and controlling about a lot of things when it came to the sim so unfortunately that movie on SL never got made. Sadly market place didn't exist in the way that it does now back then either so they never really marketed any of the items they sold on the sim itself or would consent to selling any of the builds for the sim either so that others could carry it on. They were also very unwilling to pass the torch on to anyone else and let them take over the reigns. I would actually consider taking that avatar out of retirement if a decent and stable enough Buffy RP sim existed again. Sadly even all the blogs and web sites with screenshots of it are no longer online either. It's now basically as if it never existed in the first place. Had the owners not been dips about it in the first place I am fairly sure that it would have still been around to this day. So I'd be all for a Buffy/Angel RP sim or even one based off the show Supernatural. I got a long list of ones I'd like to see, but those are my two top picks of the lot since you mentioned and referenced Buffy mate. lol So ya sure I'd pull the demon back out of his long sleep in his coffin for another round about with the slayer. lol Official sponsor of my killing you! Lmao!!!!😎

Also thank you so very much for posting this. I appreciate it. I did not know they had The Animated Adventures Of Buffy out. lol Apparently I am behind on the times. lol I'll have to check that out. So thanks mate.😎👍

You are going to have to show me your Spike someday. I never wrote Buffyverse on Second Life, but I did write it on different website. I wrote for Angel, Xander, Fred, Wesley, and a few others. I would've loved to see the Sunnydale roleplay sim. Though that really sucks that it never did happen, because I would've jumped for the chance for someone to do that. Mainly because there had to be some type of love there for the sim. I'm thinking about starting a Buffyverse sim, but it's up in the air right now. I know I would make a good owner for a sim. I've staffed in non-second life communities. I was speaking with someone else about it since they love Buffyverse as well. 

Also no problem. ^_^ I've been curious to see what other roleplayers were into, so it's great to see people with similar interest(also it helps to find partners to write with). 

On 6/22/2020 at 6:49 AM, Sabrina Tamerlane said:

I would definitely visit a RWBY sim.

I've never seen RWBY, but I heard that the early years of it are the best. 

1 hour ago, Ophelia Dayafter said:

The Witcher

&

Firefly :D

Don't get me started on The Witcher. 

Hands down another favorite. I'm still working on reading the books, but I love the game and show(even if it had some issues).

• Like 3
11 hours ago, BloodSparda said:

I don't know what Simarilion is, but I do know Lord of the Rings. That sounds pretty cool though.

The Silmarillion is the prequel to the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings, and covers all the ancient history of Middle Earth from it's creation up to the beginning of the Third Age (when the stories you know happen). My particular interest is the First Age, about 3,000 years before Lord of the Rings. It was written by JRR Tolkien mostly for his own reference and notes but it was published posthumously by his son.

• Like 1

@BloodSparda & @Sabrina Tamerlane

What would you know! I actually ran an RWBY RP sim about 2 years ago. Since we ran on a Homestead we actually were at max capacity most of the time. Reason it went through the toilet is mainly due to IRL & monetary constraints. 

It was there, thought! So I guess the need wasn't as strong back then :P

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Maitimo said:

The Silmarillion is the prequel to the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings, and covers all the ancient history of Middle Earth from it's creation up to the beginning of the Third Age (when the stories you know happen). My particular interest is the First Age, about 3,000 years before Lord of the Rings. It was written by JRR Tolkien mostly for his own reference and notes but it was published posthumously by his son.

Oooooh! I mostly know of the movies. I never did read the books for it. 

3 hours ago, PekeNL said:

@BloodSparda & @Sabrina Tamerlane

What would you know! I actually ran an RWBY RP sim about 2 years ago. Since we ran on a Homestead we actually were at max capacity most of the time. Reason it went through the toilet is mainly due to IRL & monetary constraints. 

It was there, thought! So I guess the need wasn't as strong back then :P

That sucks, but at least it existed at one point. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 87 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.