Why do only some BOM skins work?

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1406 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This has also happened with skins and my Maitreya body so apparently not body dependent and one time the body "took" and the face remained RUTH as in no texture on the skin. 

Deadly Skins monthly gift.

splinter.thumb.png.499d8e13537094c07a0fddf382fb4795.png

Stray Dog gift at Access (same thing happened with the Stray Dog demo of the event release).

1686062241_straudog.thumb.png.1d0bcc1a9f09000a1b21181aef8d8bb5.png

Plastik gift skin from Hop and Shop

plastik.thumb.png.e6c2f29e464b042ddb260acd8cdd6e84.png

I could be wrong.. but it looks like stray dog one is a head applier only. You would need to buy the stray dog matching Body applier for that one. 

7DS is good in that way coz they have head and body together.. you dont buy it all seperate.

• Like 1

Stray Dog sells separate head skins + separate body skins. I see more and more of this. This is the way the store makes money. Give out a free head skin, and people come to the store and buy the body skin.

It benefits the customers from that store, they may have the body skin already.

A Happy Weekend sale for 60 L had several of these "only head" skins for sale, Stray Dog was one of those.

Yep, that Stray Dog one is for the head only. They will have separate tattoo layers for the body skin. I see it often the other way round - a body skin with a blank face and tattoo layer for the head. 

But the reason Stray Dog do it this way round is because their body skins are the default ones on the Signature body, so if you have Gianni or Geralt, you can turn BOM off for the body and use one of the skins from the HUD instead. Or at least they were... I have a hunch that they have changed their tones since then and only the old skin tones will work. @Skell Dagger will know more about that.

OK thanks guys. Actually the skin I am wearing now came that way so I get it.  But those were named so that it was obvious. But I also tried on another skin (female) and only got the body, no head. And those weren't MARKED at all.  So I guess that is just a bad plan so far as some creators and naming their product. It seems to me  that if they were only going to be part of a skin LOL then it should be marked somehow.  ^^ . But glad it isn't me just missing some clicks on a hud somewhere.   

• Like 1

well i personally believe it should just come all together.. i dont like feeling so restricted by the designer .. when i may really like a head skin but its ONLY a head skin.. i'd rather keep my money than be forced to also then further fork out for the body .. yes its making money..by forcing customers..  *look at this pretty skin.. and i'll sell it on a sale day* by the way..now get to store and pay for the body. ... this especially isnt fair to brand new players who have no clue what their doing (i was one last year) ..

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1406 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.