sl classrooms free or to rent?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1368 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm designing a class I wish to hold...

This  is for a class I plan to charge a fee for.  My cap will be 4 students in the classroom not including myself.  So there will be no more than 5 people in the class at one time.  I would prefer a traditional classroom set up.  And its important the class set up is non-adult poses.

-  Do most people set up something on their own sim for this type of thing?

-  Is there a actual sim I could rent  on a on need basis for this?

You could rent your own parcel for something like this and set up your own classroom as you want it, though depending on what it is you're teaching, you might be able to find a classroom already set up with an educational organisation. If you have a Premium account you can buy a parcel of up to 1024 sq. m without any additional monthly payments. Though you cannot use a Linden Home for this purpose as you are charging a fee for your classes. (You could, if they were free classes). 

I have a spare 1024m parcel on mainland that I would be willing to rent or sell, if you wish.

• Like 1

GQ Start has a classroom on Saint Lucia, as part of their help area for new people.  Contact Kelley Griffith to see about getting access and rez rights.  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Saint Lucia/144/33/21

I'd also be willing to set up a classroom for you.  Maitimo offered first, but if you can't reach an agreement, give me a shout.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Lindal Kidd...  I have never heard of GQ before.  I  will check into it.  I do already have my own land.  But...  I was trying to figure out what else was out there for some options.  It has been pointed out to me it would be best to design a classroom on my own land.  I have basic skills in design on sl and my bf has owned a successful sl real estate sim in the past.  I feel like we could make a basic classroom.  The classroom would be beyond basic for my needs.  So, I do feel this is possible.

I'm really trying to figure out how to make this all happen ...  I've been teaching online over 8 years.   Sl would be a unique twist on supplying a service thats actually in need right now especially since so many cannot attend a physical school setting.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2020 at 9:54 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

@Sandra8675, if you don't feel your building talents are up to the task, there is a ton of classroom furniture, display boards, and other gadgets available.  Just open up the Marketplace and do a search on "classroom".

Yes...  ty...  I did see some stuff on mp for the classroom.  When it comes down to it, all i really need is a few tables and some chairs.  I was more focused on the actual location for the classroom right now.  I do  think it would be best to have it on my own land.  take care

Just an idea, but there are still some universities around the world who have a learning portal in SL. Some have classrooms. Explore around a bit and see what you can find? Perhaps talk to a few of them and see if you cannot access one of their classrooms? 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1368 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.