Looking for a toon-style female mesh body in a certain style

Sara Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Something in the same vein as this: https://www.daz3d.com/star-original-figure

Bento hands and mod permissions are a must.

Side question: if I were to buy that model from DAZ and upload it to Second Life (anyone know how easy that would be?) do you think I'd need to buy the interactive license even if I don't transfer it to other users? Or would the mere fact that the data is transmitted to other viewers be enough to necessitate the interactive license, even if those users couldn't rip it without jumping through hoops and violating the SL ToS?

• 6 months later...

Bumping since it's been more than half a year with no reply.

By the way, I'm still interested in something you find even if it doesn't have Bento hands, but I can't do without mod permissions.

Oh, and I contacted DAZ 3D since I had no luck reaching the creator, and they said I actually wouldn't be allowed to upload it to SL with either license, as it's not compatible with SL's Terms of Service. If anyone knows of a good way to reach this creator, please do let me know.

Alternatively, is there anywhere you recommend I can commission the creation of something in this style? And how much should I expect to pay for it if so? (I'm fine with the creator selling it to other people as well, in case that'll make it cost less.)

23 minutes ago, Sara Nova said:

Bumping since it's been more than half a year with no reply.

By the way, I'm still interested in something you find even if it doesn't have Bento hands, but I can't do without mod permissions.

Oh, and I contacted DAZ 3D since I had no luck reaching the creator, and they said I actually wouldn't be allowed to upload it to SL with either license, as it's not compatible with SL's Terms of Service. If anyone knows of a good way to reach this creator, please do let me know.

Alternatively, is there anywhere you recommend I can commission the creation of something in this style? And how much should I expect to pay for it if so? (I'm fine with the creator selling it to other people as well, in case that'll make it cost less.)

Have you tried something like this

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/UTILIZATOR-Chibi-Anime-Avatar-Base-M2/2861917

4 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

That says it was made before mesh existed; I said I'm looking for a mesh body. Also it doesn't have that same "slim" style as the one I posted. That one reminds me a lot of Winx Club, and I'm looking for a similar aesthetic to that.

Thanks anyway though :)

Edited by Sara Nova

5 hours ago, Sara Nova said:

That says it was made before mesh existed; I said I'm looking for a mesh body. Also it doesn't have that same "slim" style as the one I posted. That one reminds me a lot of Winx Club, and I'm looking for a similar aesthetic to that.

Thanks anyway though :)

That store does have more recent mesh items.  Did you look through what else they had?

12 hours ago, oOJoselinOo said:

Uhm. Maybe this one?

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Anime-Avatar-Base-Celshade-with-27-faces/7605258

Otherwise maybe trying to create one yourself with the given tolls from second life.

Like the maitreya body with deformer, or something like that

Thank you for the suggestion! I'm still looking for something more similar, but I did end up buying that cause it was pretty cheap. Unfortunately, it looks like the creator accidentally made the body no modify, even though the permissions on the rest of the parts are correct. I sent the creator a notecard, but their bio says they're unavailable for a couple months. (With no date listed, so a lot of that time might have already passed as far as I can tell.)

I hope this doesn't turn out like the last time, where the creator never ended up replying to me. I got the listing taken down that time, but that didn't really help me get the permissions I paid for. I wish LL was willing to take matters into their own hands and grant the advertised permissions when the creator is insolvent. (So as not to derail the conversation in case someone mentions their supposed lack of legal ability to do so, it actually would be legal for LL to do that, incidentally thanks to the same clause which makes the SL ToS incompatible with DAZ's license.)

11 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

That store does have more recent mesh items.  Did you look through what else they had?

Yes, I have already; many times.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.