changed name

angelina Etzel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, angelina Etzel said:

I don't understand why an hour after it's changed on its own

As we were all told in the announcement regarding name changes,

"In order to ensure your name changes proceed smoothly, please make sure you are logged out of the viewer before changing your name. There may be a delay of 24-48 hours for your new name to show across all services in Second Life. "

There are many systems within SL that all need to be adjusted when you change your name. Some things change almost immediately, but others are apparently more complicated, so they take longer.  I advise waiting for a day before you panic.  Then, contact Live Chat tomorrow if you still have problems.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

It can take as much as 24 hours before your changed name is recognized through all parts of SL.

it think this isn't about a name change but a display name, the official name change doesn't get announced that way.
Most likely the system did deny a fancy pancy font again.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2020 at 2:44 PM, angelina Etzel said:

I just changed this afternoon my avatar name on my profile the change was well done but 1 hour later however this qi is impossible because I was not connecting my name has changed weird!
especially when we change we can not change even 10 minutes after .... bug ,,?https://gyazo.com/22f34c8937755436d637318b009e2701

I have this issue... you mean Display name...?? I changed mine last night and bam same thing.. one hour later it is changed to Legacy name. 

On 6/17/2020 at 3:07 AM, Wulfie Reanimator said:

You can only use some special characters in display names. Certain characters will cause your display name to change back.

It's not that at all.. I actually had my display name i had for MONTHS disappear since I updated my viewer But my other avies not had theirs disappear. Not sure why but I got the feeling someone reset it. 

46 minutes ago, Taima Fang said:

It's not that at all.. I actually had my display name i had for MONTHS disappear since I updated my viewer But my other avies not had theirs disappear. Not sure why but I got the feeling someone reset it. 

Your issue might be different, I didn't respond to you. It is normal and expected behavior that weird characters in display names sometimes cause it to reset.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.