Jump to content

NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Here's my wish for today:

In lieu of releasing the stilt homes anytime soon, I wish LL would deploy a single region of stilt homes (complete with home controllers) where known content creators could register to use a parcel for a week at a time.  That way, when they ARE released (possibly around Thanksgiving?), a full market of add-ons would already be available for we mere mortals to buy like crazy.

Content creators should be discouraged from posting pics of their borrowed homes and add-ons until the release actually happens, tho.

The first thing: Matching railings. All the water houses need a railing where the stairs should be. I have looked around, and it is not room for more than a tiny boat at the front door. Or maybe we get a railing in the content pack?

It is a good thought, but I doubt it will happen.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As has been mentioned, do not abandon your homes.   A quick clarification on styles and such.  There are 4 floor plans to the Stilt Home theme.   There will be two placement options offered on the hom

Things you see when looking at the map too long

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Hendrix Portal said:

Patch said a bit ago, the homes that attach to the boardwalk/pier (no stairs) are considered "over water" parcels. "Over land" will have stairs that connect in some way to the land. And he also mentioned a fully-over-water parcel that is completely freestanding. 

(aside: I hope you don't move! I'm always pointing out YOUR decor when people come over to my much-less-interesting home next door!) 😆

🤭 I'm almost never there in the Victorian. But I haven't been inworld much for several months. I log in to buy stuff in the weekend sales, and forget about them....

I need something to get me in SL again. The stilt houses will not be released for months....

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Elena Core said:

Oh @Patch Linden, let them abandon their lovely cabins (river view prefered). They will need several weeks to plan the decor, get new furniture... Moving can be a long long long process.... We want our beloved friends to be able to focus only on that, no other distractions....

I could not agree more! And they should most definitely abandon their Victorians on water. You can not boat from there! What a waste. Plus, sorting through your inventory after you pick up all that stuff is time consuming. Time to get started on that now.

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Thanks Patch for providing a update on the upcoming LH theme schedule. 

What's with the SL17B water regions ? Can you give us any updates on that please. 

This doesn't seem too on-topic for this post, however, they are there purely for decor and aesthetic purposes.  When we built out the core regions, we used as much space as possible and in many areas right up to the region edges.  We felt the entire SLB continent looks better not having things fall off into a void.  So we gave everything natural shorelines and such which meant extending in to the surrounding water regions this year.  They serve no other purpose and are not usable for anything else because they are running on openspaces.

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well most of the log cabins have only ONE entry and that wouldn't pass inspection where I live LOL. So I don't think we are worried about that.  Decks also need to have railing (close together ones so toddlers cannot fall through) in my state.  The Moles don't want to get TOO realistic.  The stilt houses are pret-ty though. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Well most of the log cabins have only ONE entry and that wouldn't pass inspection where I live LOL. So I don't think we are worried about that.  Decks also need to have railing (close together ones so toddlers cannot fall through) in my state.  The Moles don't want to get TOO realistic.  The stilt houses are pret-ty though. 

Taken to a different direction: Why bother with steps or doors? I've had plenty of SL homes where you had to click on a place (or walk through it) to enter. No stairs = saving on prims, makes more sense for skybox (yeah yeah, these are land homes), etc. etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Taken to a different direction: Why bother with steps or doors? I've had plenty of SL homes where you had to click on a place (or walk through it) to enter. No stairs = saving on prims, makes more sense for skybox (yeah yeah, these are land homes), etc. etc.

When the stair is gone, it is an opening in the railing. I know I can put up a transparent prim and don't fall out. It is a visual impression for me.... it looks incomplete without. The best would be if the content pack had a railing set, so I could fill the opening and have a perfect match.

 

wall c.jpg

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to check them out today.  I really, really, really...... just love them.  They are so open and airy and I love the fact there are so many decks.  It will save prims on that.  They kind of remind me of the open feeling I had when I had an old quad home. 

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, karynmaria said:

I went to check them out today.  I really, really, really...... just love them.  They are so open and airy and I love the fact there are so many decks.  It will save prims on that.  They kind of remind me of the open feeling I had when I had an old quad home. 

I agree 10000%!

LOL

I cannot wait~~~

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xBaeBeex said:

these look sooooo pretty .. i hope to god im able to grab one.

According to Patch, when they are released, there will be 'thousands' of them.

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites

i feel about these a bit like i did about the campers; would have been perfect for the summer, but by autumn/winter i'm going to want a nice chunky cabin or Victorian to decorate for the holidays. (i live in a temperate climate, seasons are important to me.) 

also, houseboat living taught me that i like gardens.

don't get me wrong, i covet one, but really more as a holiday home than somewhere i could settle for an extended period of time.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, usagihara said:

i feel about these a bit like i did about the campers; would have been perfect for the summer, but by autumn/winter i'm going to want a nice chunky cabin or Victorian to decorate for the holidays. (i live in a temperate climate, seasons are important to me.) 

also, houseboat living taught me that i like gardens.

don't get me wrong, i covet one, but really more as a holiday home than somewhere i could settle for an extended period of time.

I quite agree with you about seasonality. I know that as a Michigan resident, I get tired of snow about December 31. These homes would be just the ticket to chase the winter blues away. 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LuLu Starbrook said:

I quite agree with you about seasonality. I know that as a Michigan resident, I get tired of snow about December 31. These homes would be just the ticket to chase the winter blues away. 

Exactly how I feel! I will love to see some sunshine and pastels in the middle of cold and snowy RL. :) 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

According to Patch, when they are released, there will be 'thousands' of them.

In case no one has posted this: 

"When it comes, the stilt Homes initial release will likely be 4,000 0 5,000 units"  -- this from Patch via Inara. 

 

 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

In case no one has posted this: 

"When it comes, the stilt Homes initial release will likely be 4,000 0 5,000 units"  -- this from Patch via Inara. 

Wow, that is going to be fantastic!  I know my partner has already seen these and is planning on getting rid of his log cabin, the moment the stilt homes are available.  *Side note: the log cabin is on one of the "islands" and is next to the river, so that will be available in the future.  lol

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Log cabins will be so spooky to decorate for Halloween. 😉

But I hope the Stilt houses will be released before that!! And I will still let the Log Cabin go, let the Halloween be in an beachy Stilt house instead.

The Stilt houses on ground can have a garden, they have lots of room on the sides for it.

I am really happy that I do not feel strongly for every theme, I would need a premium alt for all the styles. 😄 I took a Log cabin because I have an alt that's Premium until November. I will use her for a Stilt house and then renew her Premium. If I didn't like this new theme, I would not renew it for her.

4 hours ago, usagihara said:

i feel about these a bit like i did about the campers; would have been perfect for the summer, but by autumn/winter i'm going to want a nice chunky cabin or Victorian to decorate for the holidays. (i live in a temperate climate, seasons are important to me.) 

also, houseboat living taught me that i like gardens.

don't get me wrong, i covet one, but really more as a holiday home than somewhere i could settle for an extended period of time.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

The Log cabins will be so spooky to decorate for Halloween. 😉

But I hope the Stilt houses will be released before that!! And I will still let the Log Cabin go, let the Halloween be in an beachy Stilt house instead.

The Stilt houses on ground can have a garden, they have lots of room on the sides for it.

I am really happy that I do not feel strongly for every theme, I would need a premium alt for all the styles. 😄 I took a Log cabin because I have an alt that's Premium until November. I will use her for a Stilt house and then renew her Premium. If I didn't like this new theme, I would not renew it for her.

 

You are so back 🤣❤️🎉❤️ Yay, stilt homes goodness!! 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

The Stilt houses on ground can have a garden, they have lots of room on the sides for it.

Has anyone measured the homes yet?  A couple of the styles look quite wide, especially the Tortuga.  Add in that huge back deck and I'm not sure how much side & back yard there will actually be.  Given that the demo areas are always more spacious, land-wise, than the true builds, it is really hard to tell how much yard there will really be without actual measuring.

I have a note to myself to go do some measuring, but I figured I'd wait on that for many more days to let the crowds die down.

 

Just now, Vega Firelyte said:

Did they give an idea on when the stilt homes would be available or is that still to be determined?

All we know is "after they finish the move to the cloud", which somewhere they had said was aimed at this fall....... meaning winter, based on normal IT completion dates.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

When the stair is gone, it is an opening in the railing. I know I can put up a transparent prim and don't fall out. It is a visual impression for me.... it looks incomplete without. The best would be if the content pack had a railing set, so I could fill the opening and have a perfect match.

 

wall c.jpg

I'm going to guess that the water level is down a little ways from the deck.  One idea is you could build a small stairs down and a small dock, which would give it a finished feel and give you a spot to park your boat, for those in the water or the water mix stilt homes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...