Jump to content

NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 78 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

I know that if this is a problem for my accounts only I should file a ticket, but just want to know if anyone else is experiencing problems with alts in a parcel's designated group rezzing objects in the Stilt homes? (My main avi - Frigga - has gone to my alt's new Stilt home for the first time tonight and all attempts to rez objects receive the "the owner of this parcel does not allow it" message, despite all permissions being set up as they are for my other alts' parcels. I've tried in both Firestorm and the official SL viewer.)

Just checked with my log home, same settings and had no problems rezzing objects. (Also, when I TP'd to the Stilt house, despite having the correct group chosen and the landmark having been created inside the house I wound up under the house. Was able to walk in with no problem, though. Odd.)

I know you said you had the correct group chosen, but I'm not clear if you meant the land is set to the group, or you were wearing the group tag. Are you sure you were wearing the correct group tag at the time? I know sometimes I swap tags around while I'm out gathering group gifts or whatever, and forget I've done it, then wonder why I can't rez stuff! What you are describing is exactly what I've experienced when I had the wrong tag on.

In the alternative, you might check to make sure the parcel was actually set  to the group.

To directly answer your question, though, I have not had any issues using my main account to rez items in my alt's stilt home. 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As has been mentioned, do not abandon your homes.   A quick clarification on styles and such.  There are 4 floor plans to the Stilt Home theme.   There will be two placement options offered on the hom

Heed the big huge disclaimer at the bottom of my Flickr posting: [Giant Disclaimer™ - if everything goes according to plan] I'm going to clearly warn you all now, if you leave your homes and

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

In the alternative, you might check to make sure the parcel was actually set  to the group.

 

I did that with my own Stilt the other day. Forget to set the parcel to a group and had to go back and fix that for my alts to wear their tags and rez items.  🤦‍♀️

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I know you said you had the correct group chosen, but I'm not clear if you meant the land is set to the group, or you were wearing the group tag. Are you sure you were wearing the correct group tag at the time? I know sometimes I swap tags around while I'm out gathering group gifts or whatever, and forget I've done it, then wonder why I can't rez stuff! What you are describing is exactly what I've experienced when I had the wrong tag on.

To directly answer your question, though, I have not had any issues using my main account to rez items in my alt's stilt home. 

The parcel is set to a group and I activated that group before using the Landmark that my alt created and sent to my main. (If I'd been wearing another group tag, I wouldn't have been able to enter the house without being ejected by the security system.) My alt then logged in to her stilt house and reset all the permissions in the security system, allowing the group and designating Frigga and 2 other alts as Admins, just to make sure it was all done the same as my other homes. (This is the same group used for my log home, and Frigga has just been there and experienced no problems with rezzing items, and then went back to the stilt house a third time with the same unsuccessful result.) 

Thanks for the direct answer to my question. I'll try live chat tomorrow if it's available. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

I did that with my own Stilt the other day. Forget to set the parcel to a group and had to go back and fix that for my alts to wear their tags and rez items.  🤦‍♀️

It's deffo set to the right group though. Have done it twice, just to make sure :( Will have to try it with another alt tomorrow. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

It's deffo set to the right group though. Have done it twice, just to make sure :( Will have to try it with another alt tomorrow. 

Hmmmm. I just TP's somewhere else, changed my group and TP'd back to the Stilt house - and *didn't get ejected*! Clearly the security system isn't working as it should. Will go back and re-rez it instead of just re-doing the settings. Fingers crossed!

UPDATE: Nope. Something is clearly not right. My alt deleted the security system (the LL one), took a fresh copy of the Content Creation pack, rezzed a fresh copy of the security system, set it up for access to the group and designated Frigga and 2 other alts as Admins. Then Frigga used the landmark with the same result as before, arrived under the house and had free access via the open door, but no joy rezzing anything. Then, for the hell of it, I changed Frigga's group while in the house, which should have resulted in a warning and being booted out, but nothing happened. I think the alt may have a trad content pack, so will try the security system from that instead. Apologies for going on about this in this thread.

Edited by Frigga Freidman
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

I know that if this is a problem for my accounts only I should file a ticket, but just want to know if anyone else is experiencing problems with alts in a parcel's designated group rezzing objects in the Stilt homes? (My main avi - Frigga - has gone to my alt's new Stilt home for the first time tonight and all attempts to rez objects receive the "the owner of this parcel does not allow it" message, despite all permissions being set up as they are for my other alts' parcels. I've tried in both Firestorm and the official SL viewer.)

Just checked with my log home, same settings and had no problems rezzing objects. (Also, when I TP'd to the Stilt house, despite having the correct group chosen and the landmark having been created inside the house I wound up under the house. Was able to walk in with no problem, though. Odd.)

I've seen this on Mainland a few weeks back. My friend had to set build to anyone temporarily before I could rez things (still bizarrely got the error even though item was rezzed). Don't know if it was a region restart or just time but next day everything was working fine. Just put it down to uplift teething issues.

You may find it works now (time having passed...) otherwise ask for a region restart (one thing i've noticed - region restarts are much quicker now they're uplifted :) )

Edited by LoganPryor
typos
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, LoganPryor said:

I've seen this on Mainland a few weeks back. My friend had to set build to anyone temporarily before I could rez things (still bizarrely got the error even though item was rezzed). Don't know if it was a region restart or just time but next day everything was working fine. Just put it down to uplift teething issues.

You may find it works now (time having passed...) otherwise ask for a region restart (one thing i've noticed - region restarts are much quicker now they're uplifted :) )

Have tried afresh this morning with the same results as last night. (Frigga does have access to doors and windows via the Control Panel at the door; via the Security System she should have rez rights as being a named person on the Access List and/or being a member of the allowed group - I've tried named Group only, Access whitelist only, Group *and* Access list - none allows Frigga to rez objects. One thing I did note when checking the parcel details is that a Landing Point was set - this is not something I've ever done, so once my alt changed the setting to None at least Frigga was able to TP into the house as intended, rather than under it! I've temporarily allowed Everyone to Build, so that Frigga can rez some stuff, and will then request a region reset as your friend did. Many thanks for letting me know that I am not entirely alone in this weirdness!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Hmmmm. I just TP's somewhere else, changed my group and TP'd back to the Stilt house - and *didn't get ejected*! Clearly the security system isn't working as it should. Will go back and re-rez it instead of just re-doing the settings. Fingers crossed!

UPDATE: Nope. Something is clearly not right. My alt deleted the security system (the LL one), took a fresh copy of the Content Creation pack, rezzed a fresh copy of the security system, set it up for access to the group and designated Frigga and 2 other alts as Admins. Then Frigga used the landmark with the same result as before, arrived under the house and had free access via the open door, but no joy rezzing anything. Then, for the hell of it, I changed Frigga's group while in the house, which should have resulted in a warning and being booted out, but nothing happened. I think the alt may have a trad content pack, so will try the security system from that instead. Apologies for going on about this in this thread.

You said you designated Frigga as admin on your security orb. That alone should keep you from being ejected, no matter what tag you are wearing. (The orb doesn't affect rez rights, though.)

Before you changed land settings to allow Everyone to Build, was it set to Group? If you don't recall, you might try setting it to Group now and trying to rez again. It's possible the Group box was not checked previously.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

You said you designated Frigga as admin on your security orb. That alone should keep you from being ejected, no matter what tag you are wearing. (The orb doesn't affect rez rights, though.)

Before you changed land settings to allow Everyone to Build, was it set to Group? If you don't recall, you might try setting it to Group now and trying to rez again. It's possible the Group box was not checked previously.

Thanks for the first part - I wasn't aware that being an Admin overrides any Group tag. I'm going to remove Frigga from that and try to TP her into the parcel with an 'incorrect' group activated to see if the Security System is working at all. As to the second part - yes, the land settings were very definitely set to Group for build rights - I'd checked the Parcel Details > Options screen from both accounts when I first found a problem and have double-checked it throughout all these attempts. (The one thing that had escaped my notice was the Landing Point being set - I've never set a Landing Point for any of my houses, so once I cleared that the TP issue was resolved.)

Before giving up last night I checked out other parcels in the region - only 1 of 7 in the vicinity of my alt's house booted me off their property. It *could* be that they just haven't set up security, or it could indicate a problem in the region.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Thanks for the first part - I wasn't aware that being an Admin overrides any Group tag. I'm going to remove Frigga from that and try to TP her into the parcel with an 'incorrect' group activated to see if the Security System is working at all. As to the second part - yes, the land settings were very definitely set to Group for build rights - I'd checked the Parcel Details > Options screen from both accounts when I first found a problem and have double-checked it throughout all these attempts. (The one thing that had escaped my notice was the Landing Point being set - I've never set a Landing Point for any of my houses, so once I cleared that the TP issue was resolved.)

Before giving up last night I checked out other parcels in the region - only 1 of 7 in the vicinity of my alt's house booted me off their property. It *could* be that they just haven't set up security, or it could indicate a problem in the region.

So, my alt removed Frigga from having access to doors and windows via the Control Panel, removed her as an Admin and from the Access list in the security system, and set access to Group only. Made sure of the settings and that the system was on. Then TP'd Frigga - wearing an 'incorrect' group tag - into the parcel, and she wasn't booted out. Will try with another unrelated avi who has never been listed in any way on this parcel.

Edited by Frigga Freidman
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Personally, I would love the ability in all Linden homes to use blind covers for individual windows and have more than just the ability to open and close the blinds, but have a 1/2 open blind as well. The LI in prims I could save with this feature. Oh my!

I never liked the LH blinds, so I make my own out of a simple flat prim that I texture. Set it to Convex Hull and link two = one Li. If I will cover all windows on one side, I nudge the blind prim in the wall itself and stretch it so it cover more than one window. I bought a texture pack that has closed blinds and open blinds. Or, I can have the inside transparent. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/28-Venetian-Blinds-Textures-Full-Perm-DT-Material-Collection/6228493

For decorative blinds only, but not privacy, I bought many Roiro blinds from the MP. Sadly they are a gacha. But I was lucky and bought some cheap. They are the best looking blinds I have seen, and only 1 Li.

Edited by Marianne Little
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

So, my alt removed Frigga from having access to doors and windows via the Control Panel, removed her as an Admin and from the Access list in the security system, and set access to Group only. Made sure of the settings and that the system was on. Then TP'd Frigga - wearing an 'incorrect' group tag - into the parcel, and she wasn't booted out. Will try with another unrelated avi who has never been listed in any way on this parcel.

Interesting! I'd be tempted to try kicking an alt out of the land group, then having it TP in to see what happens (and/or rezzing a new copy of the orb). I've noticed in the past that "group only" settings can be inconsistent in general; sometimes they only require that you be a member of the group, and sometimes they require you to actually be wearing a tag. I've yet to notice a pattern to it, though.

I've been considering requesting a restart of the region where my stilt is, too. It has random periods when my FPS suddenly drops dramatically for a short time, then just as dramatically shoots back up. I don't see any temp rezzers in the region, and it happens even when no one else is in the region. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Interesting! I'd be tempted to try kicking an alt out of the land group, then having it TP in to see what happens (and/or rezzing a new copy of the orb). I've noticed in the past that "group only" settings can be inconsistent in general; sometimes they only require that you be a member of the group, and sometimes they require you to actually be wearing a tag. I've yet to notice a pattern to it, though.

I've been considering requesting a restart of the region where my stilt is, too. It has random periods when my FPS suddenly drops dramatically for a short time, then just as dramatically shoots back up. I don't see any temp rezzers in the region, and it happens even when no one else is in the region. 

I've already re-rezzed the security orb 3 times, using a brand new one from a new Content Creation pack, and an old one from the alt's previous trad!

I intended to leave this alone for a while (RL stuff to do) but had another go. This time the security system is working - a different alt TP'd in wearing a wrong tag and was booted out, all OK when the correct tag was activated, but still no rez rights. Tried again with Frigga after insuring she was removed from Admin and Access whitelist - booted out when wearing the wrong tag, allowed in when that was changed. Still no rez rights, yet she can edit/move objects shared with the group. It's an enigma that will have to wait. 

settings.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So while the blinds being a room-by-room is not exactly a great option, IMO, I did realize that when the windows are in 'uncovered'  mode, there is not even a partial blind to deal with.  That means I can put up a window covering and not have a blind that is partially down that I have to work around/with.  In my Trad & Houseboat, I had to manipulate my windows coverings a lot more if I didn't want a partial blind visible from outside.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leora Greenwood said:

I have started making window coverings for bathrooms and other rooms that have a painting or photo on the inside and a simple curtain texture on the outside so the art enhances the room and the window view is blocked by a "curtain" on the outside.

Oh cold shivers - this reminds me of one of my obsessions - houses with windows you cannot find from the inside - especially if someone is standing there looking down on you.

And windows you find inside that aren't there from the outside...

And then there's the question of what's under the stairs... the little space you cannot get access to...

But I digress! I love the new stilt houses and if I hadn't spend my premium allowance on mainland I would so be refreshing furiously to get one!

 

  • Haha 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw a region got released 2 days ago, but only 3 homes in all the region got taken, the others are still "linden home" even after 2 days almost 3 days, and it's a very nice ones, I tried to get one there, but i couldn't,  is it possible that when a region released not all homes are available in the land page; like it's not up for grabs? and why is that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

I saw a region got released 2 days ago, but only 3 homes in all the region got taken, the others are still "linden home" even after 2 days almost 3 days, and it's a very nice ones, I tried to get one there, but i couldn't,  is it possible that when a region released not all homes are available in the land page; like it's not up for grabs? and why is that?

From what I've seen, the OW and OP homes go first. There seems to be a backlog of abandoned OL homes, so those don't seem to be getting released when the rest of a region releases. You didn't specify which type of home you were looking at, but if it's on OL one, it may be a while before the ones you saw show up on the land page.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

From what I've seen, the OW and OP homes go first. There seems to be a backlog of abandoned OL homes, so those don't seem to be getting released when the rest of a region releases. You didn't specify which type of home you were looking at, but if it's on OL one, it may be a while before the ones you saw show up on the land page.

Yes i wanted OL with sea view, but also the OW is not taken as well, and the region doesn't have OP.

And the 3 homes that got taken is on land, maybe they just released these 3 homes in that region!

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

And the 3 homes that got taken is on land, maybe they just released these 3 homes in that region!

 

It's possible, because although in general the releases seem to be going as I said, I swear I saw one region where only one home had been released! 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Unofficial Stilt Home Update: As of 7:15pm SL time 31st December, there are 83 regions where the parcels have 'Protected Land' status. (I have not included any houseboat regions that may still be in the queue for release.)

Wishing a safe and happy New Year to all!

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2020 at 4:56 AM, Frigga Freidman said:

I know that if this is a problem for my accounts only I should file a ticket, but just want to know if anyone else is experiencing problems with alts in a parcel's designated group rezzing objects in the Stilt homes? (My main avi - Frigga - has gone to my alt's new Stilt home for the first time tonight and all attempts to rez objects receive the "the owner of this parcel does not allow it" message, despite all permissions being set up as they are for my other alts' parcels. I've tried in both Firestorm and the official SL viewer.)

Just checked with my log home, same settings and had no problems rezzing objects. (Also, when I TP'd to the Stilt house, despite having the correct group chosen and the landmark having been created inside the house I wound up under the house. Was able to walk in with no problem, though. Odd.)

That looks like the misleading error message you sometimes see when trying to rez a mesh object on top of another mesh object, and the simulator gets confused about what's happening.    

Have you tried rezzing the object elsewhere on the parcel, outside the house, and then dragging it inside?   If you can, then it would suggest that's the problem.

A workaround I often use in those circumstances is to drag the object from my inventory with the edit window open (and the object thus pre-selected) or, failing that, to rez a cube (possibly outside and drag it it) and flatten it it a bit to give me a work surface on which to rez things.   Then I delete the work surface when I'm finished.

 

  • Thanks 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

That looks like the misleading error message you sometimes see when trying to rez a mesh object on top of another mesh object, and the simulator gets confused about what's happening.    

Have you tried rezzing the object elsewhere on the parcel, outside the house, and then dragging it inside?   If you can, then it would suggest that's the problem.

A workaround I often use in those circumstances is to drag the object from my inventory with the edit window open (and the object thus pre-selected) or, failing that, to rez a cube (possibly outside and drag it it) and flatten it it a bit to give me a work surface on which to rez things.   Then I delete the work surface when I'm finished.

 

Thanks for your response, Quartz. I’ll give that a try when I get back to my computer, but in my many attempts I tried rezzing objects in 3 different parts of the house (though not yet outside it), where the parcel’s owner had no difficulty, and where my main was successful when build rights were changed from Group to Everyone, and then unsuccessful again when changed back to Group. Same story with another alt also in the group. (Both of the parcel’s visitors *were* able to move and tint objects set to the group, though. Weird, eh?)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Thanks for your response, Quartz. I’ll give that a try when I get back to my computer, but in my many attempts I tried rezzing objects in 3 different parts of the house (though not yet outside it), where the parcel’s owner had no difficulty, and where my main was successful when build rights were changed from Group to Everyone, and then unsuccessful again when changed back to Group. Same story with another alt also in the group. (Both of the parcel’s visitors *were* able to move and tint objects set to the group, though. Weird, eh?)

Try it again outside the house, please, and if that doesn't work, feel free to message me to arrange a time we can both look at it together.   

  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Thanks for your response, Quartz. I’ll give that a try when I get back to my computer, but in my many attempts I tried rezzing objects in 3 different parts of the house (though not yet outside it), where the parcel’s owner had no difficulty, and where my main was successful when build rights were changed from Group to Everyone, and then unsuccessful again when changed back to Group. Same story with another alt also in the group. (Both of the parcel’s visitors *were* able to move and tint objects set to the group, though. Weird, eh?)

For what it's worth, I've had frequent, intermittent difficulty rezzing on alt lands for almost as long as I've had Belli homes. But the problem goes away for me when I make a prim and rez on that.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 78 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...