NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As has been mentioned, do not abandon your homes.   A quick clarification on styles and such.  There are 4 floor plans to the Stilt Home theme.   There will be two placement options offered on the hom

Heed the big huge disclaimer at the bottom of my Flickr posting: [Giant Disclaimer™ - if everything goes according to plan] I'm going to clearly warn you all now, if you leave your homes and

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I would have guessed only because we suddenly have more On Water and On Pier Stilts on the Land page.

Otherwise, they hang out in the area and watch lots.

There’s a much easier way if you use Firestorm - track lots of unreleased regions and then order the results by the number of avatars present in them. If the numbers get above the odd one or two (likely to be people checking the lay of the land, or water) you’ve got a release.

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4
6 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

There’s a much easier way if you use Firestorm - track lots of unreleased regions and then order the results by the number of avatars present in them. If the numbers get above the odd one or two (likely to be people checking the lay of the land, or water) you’ve got a release.

How do you "track regions" in Firestorm?

Not surprising, I am still learning things about this viewer that I have literally used for years.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Not surprising, I am still learning things about this viewer that I have literally used for 

Basically, you just need to open the world map inworld, click on a region and there’s a button on the lower right hand side that says ‘track region’. You then get a pop up box that allows you to label the region, eg. Pier (the region name will also appear in a separate column). There’s a toolbar button that looks like the world map button with added lines - that calls up your list of tracked regions, which can be ordered like any spreadsheet.

• Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:
11 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Not surprising, I am still learning things about this viewer that I have literally used for 

Basically, you just need to open the world map inworld, click on a region and there’s a button on the lower right hand side that says ‘track region’. You then get a pop up box that allows you to label the region, eg. Pier (the region name will also appear in a separate column). There’s a toolbar button that looks like the world map button with added lines - that calls up your list of tracked regions, which can be ordered like any spreadsheet.

I goofed and my answer appears as part of LittleMe’s question above!

PS-  To keep things manageable, once I verify that a region’s been released, I delete it from the tracking list.

• Like 1

Question for @Quartz Mole or @Dyna Mole (or maybe for anyone else if it has been asked and answered before): 

In the Traditionals and Houseboats, I can open/close the window blinds per window or (via the house controller) for the entire house.  I never messed with Victorians or Log Homes, and don't remember much about the Campers, so no clue how those work.  However, in the Stilts I can only cover/uncover windows for the entire house (via the house controller) or at a room level by clicking any window in the room, but cannot seem to do a single window.  

Can you explain why, since I can open individual windows, so not sure what the difference would be with the coverings.

I always liked the ability to do individual windows in my house and being able to cover windows facing one direction, but keep uncovered other windows in the same room.

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Well, I 'll be damned.  I never noticed that 'Track Region' button before.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
17 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I only started using Firestorm a couple of months ago - this is one of the few times “clicking on buttons to see what happens” has actually worked for me 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
23 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This feature has been very useful to me, not only for tracking unreleased regions, but to keep an eye on previously released ones that I am particularly interested in. If the list shows avatars in one of my fave regions, I can easily pull up the map from within the list and see if it looks like something has been abandoned in that region. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Frigga Freidman said:

I goofed and my answer appears as part of LittleMe’s question above!

PS-  To keep things manageable, once I verify that a region’s been released, I delete it from the tracking list.

I followed the first part but where do I find the list of tracked regions?  I have used FS for years and now I find out that I know nothing!   Oh, I found it!  World/Region Tracker.  How utterly cool; I need to start going to FS classes for sure.

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Question for @Quartz Mole or @Dyna Mole (or maybe for anyone else if it has been asked and answered before): 

In the Traditionals and Houseboats, I can open/close the window blinds per window or (via the house controller) for the entire house.  I never messed with Victorians or Log Homes, and don't remember much about the Campers, so no clue how those work.  However, in the Stilts I can only cover/uncover windows for the entire house (via the house controller) or at a room level by clicking any window in the room, but cannot seem to do a single window.  

Can you explain why, since I can open individual windows, so not sure what the difference would be with the coverings.

I always liked the ability to do individual windows in my house and being able to cover windows facing one direction, but keep uncovered other windows in the same room.

You should be able to do it room by room, same as in the other houses.

Try re-rezzing the house and if it still doesn't work, drop me a LM or slurl in world, please.

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 3
16 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

Try re-rezzing the house and if it still doesn't work, drop me a LM or slurl in world, please.

I think she meant individual windows.  The Stilt homes allows you to work through the interior house controller to cover and uncover with blinds all the windows together, or if you click on the windows of each room, it will cover and uncover ALL the windows in said room, not individual windows.  In the houseboats, you can click on an Individual window to get the blinds to cover or uncover. This was what we were hoping to find with the Stilt homes as well.

Edited by PrudenceAnton
rephrase
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
25 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

No, what I'm saying is that in the Houseboats and Traditionals, I can do it window by window -- close blinds of one window in a room and keep blind open for other windows in the room.  Whereas with the Stilts, it is room by room -- open ALL blinds in a room or close them all.

I was sad that I could not do individual windows within a room.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
6 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

I think she meant individual windows.  The Stilt homes allows you to work through the interior house controller to cover and uncover with blinds all the windows together, or if you click on the windows of each room, it will cover and uncover ALL the windows in said room, not individual windows.  In the houseboats, you can click on an Individual window to get the blinds to cover or uncover. This was what we were hoping to find with the Stilt homes as well.

Ah, thank you.   Sorry, I misunderstood, and I'd forgotten all about how the windows in the Trads and Houseboats behave.   No, changing room by room is now expected behaviour, and has been since the Victorians, as far as I recall.  There's no option to change the window texture window by window, as there is to open and close them individually.

• Thanks 4
  • Sad 1
6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

No, what I'm saying is that in the Houseboats and Traditionals, I can do it window by window -- close blinds of one window in a room and keep blind open for other windows in the room.  Whereas with the Stilts, it is room by room -- open ALL blinds in a room or close them all.

Personally, I would love the ability in all Linden homes to use blind covers for individual windows and have more than just the ability to open and close the blinds, but have a 1/2 open blind as well. The LI in prims I could save with this feature. Oh my!

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 6
2 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

Ah, thank you.   Sorry, I misunderstood, and I'd forgotten all about how the windows in the Trads and Houseboats behave.   No, changing room by room is now expected behaviour, and has been since the Victorians, as far as I recall.  There's no option to change the window texture window by window, as there is to open and close them individually.

Sad face 🙁

• Like 1
Just now, Quartz Mole said:

Is that related to the script changes that were made to reduce the overall number of scripts for performance?  If so, how is open/close blinds by individual window any different to the scripting to open/close individual windows?

(admitted, my knowledge of LSL is lower than beginner, despite my decades of coding in RL)

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I was sad that I could not do individual windows within a room.

Sorry,  I misread the post, and I'd completely forgotten how we did it in the Trads and Houseboats.    No, we've changed how we do it, and the blinds now work room by room, not individually.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Is that related to the script changes that were made to reduce the overall number of scripts for performance?  If so, how is open/close blinds by individual window any different to the scripting to open/close individual windows?

(admitted, my knowledge of LSL is lower than beginner, despite my decades of coding in RL)

I can't remember why we decided to change.   I remember the discussions when we did, in that I remember we discovered we'd have to do it that way as an unexpected consequence of something else, but I can't remember any more than that.     Since then, we've just stuck to that method.

There's no particular scripting reason not to do it window-by-window in general, though.    There may be other considerations that I'm not thinking of, but I can't immediately see any scripting ones (there may be, of course, that I'm just not seeing right not).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Maybe it's somehow connected to the fact that the Vics are where custom colors were introduced, kind of like how we can't click on the floors to TP around in since the Vics, either.

Count me in as another who liked the ability to close the blinds on just one window in a room. You can have an amazing view of the sea out of one window, and a not-so-amazing view into your neighbor's bedroom out of another, and the "all or nothing" approach is a bit...lacking in those situations. 

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Count me in as another who liked the ability to close the blinds on just one window in a room. You can have an amazing view of the sea out of one window, and a not-so-amazing view into your neighbor's bedroom out of another, and the "all or nothing" approach is a bit...lacking in those situations. 

I never went for the Vics or Log Homes, so hadn't encountered this before.  I do prefer the window-by-window approach.  

I wasn't initially wanting a Stilt and then everyone's pictures made me go grab one.  This room-by-room thing with the blinds definitely makes location even more important than before - at least in my view.  And it definitely reduces my overall view of the Stilts again.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Quartz Mole said:

No, changing room by room is now expected behaviour, and has been since the Victorians, as far as I recall.  There's no option to change the window texture window by window, as there is to open and close them individually.

/me laughs, suddenly picturing an alt of the Vic designers (or scripters) touring a Vic neighborhood, shaking their head at those foolish residents who put blinds in FRONT of the windows that already have blinds.  I wonder if they thought we were doing that because we never realized there were built-in blinds?

Think about what you do in RL when the sun sets on your west-facing home.  You stare out at the beauty, and then when the sun gets low, you lower the blinds ON THAT SIDE OF THE HOUSE.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I know that if this is a problem for my accounts only I should file a ticket, but just want to know if anyone else is experiencing problems with alts in a parcel's designated group rezzing objects in the Stilt homes? (My main avi - Frigga - has gone to my alt's new Stilt home for the first time tonight and all attempts to rez objects receive the "the owner of this parcel does not allow it" message, despite all permissions being set up as they are for my other alts' parcels. I've tried in both Firestorm and the official SL viewer.)

Just checked with my log home, same settings and had no problems rezzing objects. (Also, when I TP'd to the Stilt house, despite having the correct group chosen and the landmark having been created inside the house I wound up under the house. Was able to walk in with no problem, though. Odd.)