NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

If KIDD still has bamboo their things are sculpts and do not degrade.  That's what all my pampas grass is.   I have a bunch of the bamboo still I think. BUT honestly I am not sure "bamboo" fits in with stilt house area as in Florida and surrounding areas. 

BUT obviously all of the LOD talk over the years has finally sunk in. SO GLAD!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As has been mentioned, do not abandon your homes.   A quick clarification on styles and such.  There are 4 floor plans to the Stilt Home theme.   There will be two placement options offered on the hom

Heed the big huge disclaimer at the bottom of my Flickr posting: [Giant Disclaimer™ - if everything goes according to plan] I'm going to clearly warn you all now, if you leave your homes and

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

Hi Leora! I was just rezzing the cluster to check the LOD. My DD is set at 96, and yes, after some distance they vanish, although if you're using them as a privacy screen, you proably will be looking at them from your balcony :) This is a screen capture form the distance, not bad I guess

Captura.PNG

My Draw Distance is 208 LOD set to MID

grafik.thumb.png.6deb08cdd698f9cc038e4081767c71ff.png

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Leora Jacobus said:

My Draw Distance is 208 LOD set to MID

With those settings, any large outdoor plants/items that disappear from just scrolling back a bit is definitely not so good mesh.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3
7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

YAY.  In theory, that means that yuck that Chic mentioned yesterday will disappear --- I DID report it.

Well, it has changed anyway, though only sort of better.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I couldn't make a single mesh-prim not being trained in Blender. The carport is not mine but made by @Blush Bravin but I thought about using the parts out of that package for a Lani. Could you post more photos from other angles PLEASE?

Someone already wrote and asked where it is.  And I will happily put what I made on the marketplace for almost free.  and people can use them to build with.   

It is here:   http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Cooperdale/178/101/27

It is JUST very simple LOL and I am SURE you could build it out of prims (same land impact). The pieces can be resized and made into other things like posts.   Give me a few minutes and it will be up on the MP.  

REMEMBER I AM RETIRED (took me several years in real life to accomplish that when I quit multimedia web design) LOL.  

image.thumb.png.b01dbc33be287b934a8a75cdb1876315.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 8

Didn't Patch say "If not by the 23rd then not untill the 10th of January"?

... or ast least not untill next year?

... looked it up HERE he wrote ...

We will release regions on a timed frequency throughout the rest of today while monitoring systems and progress.   We will pick up doing so again after the Holidays. 

What exactly means "after the Holidays" in USA or for LL?

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Didn't Patch say "If not by the 23rd then not untill the 10th of January"?

... or ast least not untill next year?

... looked it up HERE he wrote ...

What exactly means "after the Holidays" in USA or for LL?

Usually it would mean after January 1. This week between Christmas and New Year's Day tends to be when a lot of people in the USA take vacation breaks. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just to be very very VERY CLEAR.

I am not going into the home styling business.

Is that clear now -- LOL.  So funny. Thank you for the compliments however. Much appreciated. 

:SwingingFriends:

Really working on that retirement thing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 13
6 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

I thought that meant if stilts didnt go at all..

Hi last update (in the official update thread), when he said they were doing timed releases, said they would "pick up after the holidays", which would mean the first workday after Jan 1st (so next Monday).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On the topic of lanai walls, or screens to block your neighbors, Atelier Burgundy (Kraftwork) has been selling many of their slightly pricey decorative room divider panels in the weekend sales.  They have a few designs in several finishes (concrete, woods, metals) ... search in the MP store or, if you think you may have picked them up, your own inventories for 'panel'.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Atelier-Burgundy-Tree-Panel-Rusty/20694160

LODs are good enough for me:

lod.JPG.0b428a665d6dbf53e95cd3c47bc8b048.JPG

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Hi last update (in the official update thread), when he said they were doing timed releases, said they would "pick up after the holidays", which would mean the first workday after Jan 1st (so next Monday).

I agree and had that all typed out but then thought I may have missed something. Traditionally LL is off at the end of the year (or maybe in some meetings). Last year there were only a couple of folks minding the store and rebooting the server in Sansar and these weren't the folks that normally had that job.  So "I" also took that to mean Jan 3 or whatever.  

HOWEVER there still seem to be some stilt houses showing up on the listings from time to time so watching couldn't hurt.  The houses near the one I was decorating are mostly empty but claimed. I am guessing folks were busy with real life stuff (hopefully in a SAFE manner :D).

1 minute ago, Nika Talaj said:

On the topic of lanai walls, or screens to block your neighbors, Atelier Burgundy has been selling many of their slightly pricey decorative room divider panels in the weekend sales.  There have a few designs in several finishes (concrete, woods, metals) ... search in the MP store or, if you think you may have picked them up, your own inventories for 'panel'.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Atelier-Burgundy-Tree-Panel-Rusty/20694160

LODs are good enough for me:

lod.JPG.0b428a665d6dbf53e95cd3c47bc8b048.JPG

Just wanted to note that while the switching place is important - granted -- it is also VERY important to know how many triangles are in those lower LODs. You can see why this undisclosed plant breaks up quickly. VERY quickly for those using the default on the Linden viewer -- 11 meters and it is gone. 

image.png.457f9028fd1845febb72a1b34ef150b5.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Constantine Linden has added a new Stilt Homes section on the Linden Homes Second Life wiki page. Changes made on 21st December 2020.

I like this part 

As you walk around neighborhoods in the stilt home regions, you will see palm trees and other tropical vegetation, and be greeted by sounds of exotic birds and the sound of the nearby surf. This truly is a beach-lover’s environment. Wander a bit and find beach bars and other places to meet friends and relax. And, of course, places where you can launch a boat and explore the coast. If your home is over the water, either freestanding or off the pier, you will be able to moor a boat permanently on your own parcel.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

If KIDD still has bamboo their things are sculpts and do not degrade.  That's what all my pampas grass is.   I have a bunch of the bamboo still I think. BUT honestly I am not sure "bamboo" fits in with stilt house area as in Florida and surrounding areas. 

BUT obviously all of the LOD talk over the years has finally sunk in. SO GLAD!!!!

they have bamboo in FLA, but it grows much further north too--one of the biggest bamboo forests I have seen in ages is here in Nashville at the zoo!

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Fay Starlight said:

they have bamboo in FLA, but it grows much further north too--one of the biggest bamboo forests I have seen in ages is here in Nashville at the zoo!

It grows in New Jersey, wild too. I'm sure someone imported it originally but it's around lots of areas. The house I used to live in had a small forest of it in the backyard. It was the running kind, so it was a real PITA to keep under control (prior owner planted it) but made for a wonderful screen between us and the neighbor and we used to tease our nieces and nephews when they were smol that panda bears lived inside the thicket of it :D 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Fay Starlight said:

Nice! I am from SW Florida and I used to live in Hawaii! Everyone has outdoor rooms in these places, and they still seek some privacy of course! :) 

I would love to see your spot here in world for idea---as I have a nice spot over water and I would like to enclose the back a bit! 

Hello neighbour !!   I'm your view !!  :)

My home is just in front of yours, please do not derender me :(

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, heartzwhim said:

did we not get the stilt wall textures in the content pack on the houses or did i miss something? I see floor and trim and thats about it, oh and decking

One white wall texture that gets tinted. One exterior one that gets tinted. The interior one is NOT "tiling".     

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
44 minutes ago, heartzwhim said:

did we not get the stilt wall textures in the content pack on the houses or did i miss something? I see floor and trim and thats about it, oh and decking

There are textures called LH - Stilt Homes - interior wall texture and LH - Stilt Homes - White siding texture and a notecard with the RGB numbers in the texture pack for the colours in the house controller

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
13 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Just to be very very VERY CLEAR.

Is that clear now -- LOL.  So funny. Thank you for the compliments however. Much appreciated. 

:SwingingFriends:

Really working on that retirement thing. 

You are not by any chance persuading yourself that it is true?? ;)

Such immense talents shouldn't be WASTED!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3