NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Fay Starlight said:

Any updates on when they can roll some?

Scroll up a bit past our chatter and there is some discussion about the delay. This quote from Patch comes courtesy of Evangeline:

Patch Linden: We can't until an engineer can fix the issue with experience tools grid-wide... I've got my fingers crossed but the issue is largely out of my team's hands unfortunately :(

https://status.secondlifegrid.net/incidents/ly5y8kymqzn0

Edited by Cyanide Pixie
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, Io Bechir said:

Yeah, things could go very badly on the stilts in that regard. The potential for that is huge. 

Yeah, totally.  I was just about to put some beachy lawn furniture out on my Stilts lot on Clamdigger when I stopped, realizing all I had to look at was my immediate neighbor with a helicopter and smoky chimney.  I may move soon.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

This is what I like about the stilt my alt has in the test region....so far I am happy with:

• Interior paint - love the subtle Beige, good for a little contrast with the baseboards while plotting what custom color to use
  • Floors - love the driftwood!
  • Windows - very cool how the windows open and the little top window piece opens up on the Lauderdale (I have been afraid to change house model so this is all Lauderdale model stuff)
  • Very nice plants in the content pack...and so smart to add doors...will play with walls later
  • View - my spot is not great, but from the 2nd story deck the view is beautiful - lots of flexibility with all the decks
  • It was fun putting my little boats under the deck lol
  • MOLE SOUNDS!  At my spot there are so many birds, and tropical sounding birds as well as gulls.  I used sound explorer and they seem to be mole provided.  Soooo nice to listen to!  This is really my top bullet...
  • Have not decorated or boated around yet, but my neighbor down the pier has almost completely furnished their Tortuga and it is awesome!  I plan to add the idea of having a shaded pergola over the deck...
  • I like this home theme  :)
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

I am trying to figure out how they are split on the landpage--I got two yesterday--I clicked for both being attached to the pier--one was, and the other was ALL water.

I let them both go, they were Alagoon, but very close to one another---just one was def all water, but came with the pier button?

Edited by Fay Starlight
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fay Starlight said:

I am trying to figure out how they are split on the landpage--I got two yesterday--I clicked for both being attached to the pier--one was, and the other was ALL water.

I let them both go, they were Alagoon, but very close to one another---just one was def all water, but came with the pier button?

There are 3 listings on the Land page (On Land, On Pier, On Water), but there were some issues with some of them yesterday -- getting the wrong one from what was chosen.  

Just another item in the list of kinks to be worked out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

There are 3 listings on the Land page (On Land, On Pier, On Water), but there were some issues with some of them yesterday -- getting the wrong one from what was chosen.  

Just another item in the list of kinks to be worked out.

Ok! I was wondering if it was a error or something---

10 minutes ago, Morena Tully said:

I did notice *all* homes I checked say OW, both the pier ones and the unattached ones. None said OP or on pier. Could that be causing some problems, if the house thinks it's on water, but it gets input as on pier?

The actual Home name will be OW for both Pier and Water - at least from all the ones that I looked at.  I never saw any that had OP in their name.  Only the ones that are attached to land have OL in their name.

ETA:  Patch had originally said that there would be two categories on the Land page:  Over Water and Over Land.  I think, after various comments here in the forums, the split out the Over Water ones to distinguish which were attached to a Pier and which were stand-alone.  That is likely how/why all of those home "names" say OW.

ETA-2:  The only real difference between the OL and OW ones is likely how  long the stilts are, but that part would be no different between On Pier and On Water.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
clarifying
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would recommend that if anyone gets a Stilt from a different category than what they clicked -- click On Pier and got one totally On Water -- definitely open a Support ticket and provide the SLURL of the home (whether or not you are keeping the home).  It is entirely possible that they got some of the parcels designated wrong in the back-end system.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I would recommend that if anyone gets a Stilt from a different category than what they clicked -- click On Pier and got one totally On Water -- definitely open a Support ticket and provide the SLURL of the home (whether or not you are keeping the home).  It is entirely possible that they got some of the parcels designated wrong in the back-end system.

When the demo area was opened, they only had 2 designations Over Water and Over Land.  It depended on whether they had stairs to the front door.  They seem to have added On Pier later.  One little change can sometimes mess up other things.

• Like 1

I think that if it's not fixed by lunchtime that there probably won't be time for a release today - I would have thought they'd want at least a few hours left of the work day to be able to fix any issues wit houses etc., so i can't see that they would leave it till later in the afternoon.

I hope if that's the case that Patch gives us and update as to whether it's a no go till the year new year.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had all my Florida Christmas / Beach theme Christmas decor ready to go.  

*crosses fingers and toes, hopes for Christmas miracle* 

About 2am EST last night, I gave up my beloved corner/beach houseboat, and  jumped around on houses to scoop up other creation theme packs, but now you can't find any houses. And the mailboxes don't work. So you can't change the styles or grab creation packs. I even found an empty lot on a Victorian sim. oO

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Yeah, totally.  I was just about to put some beachy lawn furniture out on my Stilts lot on Clamdigger when I stopped, realizing all I had to look at was my immediate neighbor with a helicopter and smoky chimney.  I may move soon.

I was afraid this would happen. It already happened with the houseboats, where people rezzed everything one can imagine from mesh beaches with waves and islets to helipads, huge visible privacy walls and God knows what else. For that reason I will try for a land Stilt home, hopping ugliness will be kept there to a minimum.

• Like 3

Latest update from Patch here:

Hey Folks!

Another quick update - the team involved in fixing up the issues is hard at work on many things, our issue preventing us from doing a large scale release is one of the many things they are working on with all things uplift.   Tomorrow is another day and we're ready to release more homes as soon as they can get things fixed up for us to move forward.

Again, thank you for your patience and I'll post another update as quickly as I can.

-Patch

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6

31 minutes ago, DevinVaughn said:

I had all my Florida Christmas / Beach theme Christmas decor ready to go.  

*crosses fingers and toes, hopes for Christmas miracle* 

About 2am EST last night, I gave up my beloved corner/beach houseboat, and  jumped around on houses to scoop up other creation theme packs, but now you can't find any houses. And the mailboxes don't work. So you can't change the styles or grab creation packs. I even found an empty lot on a Victorian sim. oO

Did you try the "click & hold for 4 seconds" to reset?  If not, try that -- and wait 1 full minute between each interaction with the mailboxes for switching styles, as well as waiting 1 minute before using the inside house controller.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.