Jump to content

NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Soft launch of SL17B in progress today (SL17B group members only).  Patch has posted a pic of him at a music venue, possibly in the dry rock region of Awesome, where a hella good party looks like its in progress right now.  Inworld chat says the moles are partying there.

Enchant is still not connected to SL17B.  However, an interesting detail: I noticed yesterday that the water regions all around SL17B's edges seem to have been put in place to make nice little shorelines on the resident build regions.  EXCEPT: for 3 edges of Captivate, Exhilarate, and Incredible, which look sheer.  Those edges could be finished nicely should Enchant decide to slide 3 regions east of where it is now.

ETA: zipped in and I see those edges are all already rimmed with (unlinked) stone walls, ala Log Homes.  Hard to say what, if anything, will happen next there!

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As has been mentioned, do not abandon your homes.   A quick clarification on styles and such.  There are 4 floor plans to the Stilt Home theme.   There will be two placement options offered on the hom

Things you see when looking at the map too long

Straight from the horses moth .... or rather the mouses ... ...[05:26]  Selina Brandenburg: Any news about the Stilts? ... [05:27] Patch Linden: No, have you heard anything? .... [05:27] 

Posted Images

I am inside the SL17B area .... where do you think the new theme might be (added) ???

PS: There is a "LH Demo area" but so far I only saw some TENTS there! ;)

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SL17B Exhilarate/8/131/24

image.thumb.jpeg.13d77e3256282124f1786bacc6f3e367.jpeg

 

There is also a group of very tiny campers .... wonder what THAT is supposed to be

image.thumb.jpeg.2564e60661a4eaf21e05024294a3e7db.jpeg

 

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I was riding a pod which crashed into a wall in Incredible trying to enter Enchant (which isn't there) so I presume when that turns up it will contain new homes.

Note in group said they were working on getting it up.  Mainly because or your issue LOL.   

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Last year at SL16B the lab opened the preview LH region on 20th June showing the new trailers/campers. 

I'm wondering if the lab are following the same sort of time frame again for SL17B. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, there is a dinosaur park and a wedding/divorce chapel: rather than the new theme, it looks like this whole celebration is protraying me.... 

But I agree there are many references to lakes, rivers, water...

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, SL17B's theme this year is “vacations and road trips”, which does explain the tiny campers, etc..  I'm not sure that would extend to a new Linden Home theme - we'll just have to see.  Maybe tomorrow, maybe Tuesday.

The builds have a 'theme park' feel to them, from the dinosaur park to the monorail to the LogLand landscaping, as well as a lot of the resident exhibits. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I took dumping people at the tents as a joke (you're camping out waiting for the new region to appear). I wouldn't assume that the other regions have anything to do with the new theme or that they are secretly clues. The Linden Homes demo is part of the birthday, not the whole birthday.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

OK...are there any other Linden homes called "Chesapeake"? Cause a store that sells Linden Home add-ons is at the Shop and Hop, and they have an addition for a home called "Chesapeake"...

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

OK...are there any other Linden homes called "Chesapeake"? Cause a store that sells Linden Home add-ons is at the Shop and Hop, and they have an addition for a home called "Chesapeake"...

The exhibitors and merchants don't know anything secret about new themes... anything for sale is for an existing house. Trust me on not everything being a clue. The stuff other residents have done is simply down to the summer holidays theme of the event.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

OK...are there any other Linden homes called "Chesapeake"? Cause a store that sells Linden Home add-ons is at the Shop and Hop, and they have an addition for a home called "Chesapeake"...

Since there is already a camper model named "Chesapeake", I doubt that any new theme would also use that name. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

OK...are there any other Linden homes called "Chesapeake"? Cause a store that sells Linden Home add-ons is at the Shop and Hop, and they have an addition for a home called "Chesapeake"...

Chesapeake is a camper/trailer, not a home. Been around quite awhile now :D.    

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to agree that the "tent" area must be the entry to the Belli houses.   I am not expecting a new "theme" but perhaps more than one new house to be added to the mailboxes with the older themes. Easy to plunk down the region, take out a piece of wall and let people come see. It could of course have ALL the houses and versions and not just the new one(s).  

 

The red dot on the sign says "you are here" and to the right left is the empty water awaiting the "demo area" :D.  

image.thumb.png.9bcfdd545a587b1b5661fe35bf1a9016.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
oops
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I am inside the SL17B area .... where do you think the new theme might be (added) ???

PS: There is a "LH Demo area" but so far I only saw some TENTS there! ;)

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SL17B Exhilarate/8/131/24

image.thumb.jpeg.13d77e3256282124f1786bacc6f3e367.jpeg

 

There is also a group of very tiny campers .... wonder what THAT is supposed to be

image.thumb.jpeg.2564e60661a4eaf21e05024294a3e7db.jpeg

 

Maybe the tiny campers and tents are the next Premium gift? ;)

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

I have to agree that the "tent" area must be the entry to the Belli houses.   I am not expecting a new "theme" but perhaps more than one new house to be added to the mailboxes with the older themes. Easy to plunk down the region, take out a piece of wall and let people come see. It could of course have ALL the houses and versions and not just the new one(s).  

 

The red dot on the sign says "you are here" and to the right left is the empty water awaiting the "demo area" :D.  

 

I would like more houses in the mailboxes, but I can not believe this is it. Did not Patch say they are in no hurry, and maybe 2021?

Plus, they should really use the same windows/doors/trim as the existing ones when/if they put more in the mailboxes.. I think this one would be like a swan with the sparrows if they dress up a new house/houses and put it with the more modest Traditionals. This looks like a new theme.

I believe beach/vacation houses.

I do not want another 512 theme, but I can't always get what I want. Maybe LL uses "vacation" themes for the 512's.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I would like more houses in the mailboxes, but I can not believe this is it. Did not Patch say they are in no hurry, and maybe 2021?

Plus, they should really use the same windows/doors/trim as the existing ones when/if they put more in the mailboxes.. I think this one would be like a swan with the sparrows if they dress up a new house/houses and put it with the more modest Traditionals. This looks like a new theme.

I believe beach/vacation houses.

I do not want another 512 theme, but I can't always get what I want. Maybe LL uses "vacation" themes for the 512's.

Oh god a 512 would be a RAGING dissapointment!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Maybe the tiny campers and tents are the next Premium gift? ;)

 

My idea ... if we get a Premium Plus, the tents with land (256m2) might become a Premium Light ...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...