Jump to content
Nika Talaj

NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I have already replied to this, but I was wrong about the numbers in the demo region. As I count them now, it is 23 houses in the demo region.

That is the same number as the full regions they have released before, so the demo region should give us an accurate view of the distancing. This makes me impressed. Is it the water that makes me feel it is fewer homes and longer distance between them?

Using 23 houses as an example per region for the next few themes. In total roughly there would be 2, 070 new homes coming later this year. 

If i'm wrong about this please share what you think the estimated would be. There will be more houses added when the uplift process has been completed.

841523006_Newhomes.PNG.1e38899b599f7585438e5d739a6efd0a.PNG

 

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Using 23 houses as an example per region for the next few themes. In total roughly there would be 2, 070 new homes coming later this year. 

If i'm wrong about this please share what you think the estimated would be. There will be more houses added when the uplift process has been completed.

 

 

In meet the Lindens Patch said (edited quote):

Quote

"We went....to a 4400 home release ...our next release of homes , whenever that may be,....will undoubtedly push those same numbers again, will probably bat over 4,000-5,000 houses"

Youtube approx 19:45

Plus, Patch said it's likely there will be another theme release around the same time too. So whether that means approx 2-3,000 of each or double the above numbers is not clear (the latter I hope!). It's not likely to be until the AWS move has been completed which from what has been said so far is not likely to be until the end of the year.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Using 23 houses as an example per region for the next few themes. In total roughly there would be 2, 070 new homes coming later this year. 

If i'm wrong about this please share what you think the estimated would be. There will be more houses added when the uplift process has been completed.

841523006_Newhomes.PNG.1e38899b599f7585438e5d739a6efd0a.PNG

 

 

Patch said "thousands". I believe the regions you have shown is not all, it will be more.

Someone has quoted Patch, I do not have time to go back and look for it. But I believe I remember right.

Edit: Evangeline posted it for me. :)

 

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/26/2020 at 7:41 AM, Syo Emerald said:

Unpopular opinion: They look like already existing Linden Homes, but just put on stilts in the ocean.

You might be pleased to know Patch Linden said in the Meet the Moles interview:

Quote

The next two themes...are going to be a bit of a departure from what you are used to seeing...

Youtube about 33:00 in.

EDIT: and later he suggests (in general)  they'll be paying homage to some of the old linden home styles.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The demand is still huge though and it's a shame everything has been pushed back towards the end of 2020. I hope the uplift move is worth it. 

Let's hope next year things will be smoother. 

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

The style is the same, the layout is different, and for me the larger windows make a difference, and I would have liked that in a non-stilt house as well.
From a UK perspective it feels very odd to have so many houses made of wood, but if that is what you are used to then the differences between would seem more noticeable?

Well, if they are going off a "Florida Keys" look to the homes, which looks like they are for the most part.. they look like wood. Though, considering a majority of homes in Florida are made of cinder block, I have to wonder if many of the new ones -at least- are just a faux facade? I see plenty of homes with Vinyl siding, so why not. That'll be my excuse.

Also many have vaulted ceilings, at least in the main living space and if only 1 floor.

Gotta love that Florida heat.

You can bet your butt i'll have an A/C unit to symbolize central air, because without it, you'll pretty much die down there.. and it's okay because pretty much every building and house has it down there unless it's really old.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2020 at 3:26 PM, Elena Core said:

Well, there is a dinosaur park and a wedding/divorce chapel: rather than the new theme, it looks like this whole celebration is protraying me.... 

But I agree there are many references to lakes, rivers, water...

Hi-

Do you remember where the dinosaur park is? I'd like to go visit it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

Do you remember where the dinosaur park is? I'd like to go visit it.

RL one in Lakeland, FL - I drive by it on occasion, big example 'saurs are visible from the highway. Never been, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

RL one in Lakeland, FL - I drive by it on occasion, big example 'saurs are visible from the highway. Never been, though.

I remember seeing those a lot when going between Kissimmee and Tampa(or to Sarasota, as we took I-4 to 75). They always looked kind of.. old.. like it was just some janky, roadside attraction. Never went myself, though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

RL one in Lakeland, FL - I drive by it on occasion, big example 'saurs are visible from the highway. Never been, though.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/dinosaur-valley

Went to this one several times growing up.  So I wanna see what this one in SL is about :)  - although I am well acquainted with the one on Tableau- including a picture from a visit in 2013 (to Tableau)

 

dinovalley30-5bda94085056a36_5bda950c-5056-a36a-07dcf93b40fa6525.jpg

540x360.jpg

Capture.PNG

Edited by Pixie Kobichenko
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/dinosaur-valley

Went to this one several times growing up.  So I wanna see what this one in SL is about :)  - although I am well acquainted with the one on Tableau- including a picture from a visit in 2013 (to Tableau)

 

dinovalley30-5bda94085056a36_5bda950c-5056-a36a-07dcf93b40fa6525.jpg

540x360.jpg

Capture.PNG

Yeah, since I actually grew up in Texas (not here in Florida), I probably went to that one and forgot. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

You might be pleased to know Patch Linden said in the Meet the Moles interview:

Youtube about 33:00 in.

EDIT: and later he suggests (in general)  they'll be paying homage to some of the old linden home styles.

I would be totally delighted to see an updated version of the Meadowbrook homes! Nothing beats those huge windows, height, and open floor plan IMO. (Plus it might encourage some of the die hard old Linden home owners to migrate.)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, s2Pandora said:

Well, if they are going off a "Florida Keys" look to the homes, which looks like they are for the most part.. they look like wood. Though, considering a majority of homes in Florida are made of cinder block, I have to wonder if many of the new ones -at least- are just a faux facade? I see plenty of homes with Vinyl siding, so why not. That'll be my excuse.

Also many have vaulted ceilings, at least in the main living space and if only 1 floor.

Gotta love that Florida heat.

You can bet your butt i'll have an A/C unit to symbolize central air, because without it, you'll pretty much die down there.. and it's okay because pretty much every building and house has it down there unless it's really old.

You see, cultural education, it's unavoidable! Now I know most of the Florida homes are made of cinder block, and a quick google search later I also know what cinder block actually is, and that it isn't edible. Though the houses in florida being made out of bonfire night toffee will now also stick in my head :D

CinderToffee.jpg
 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

The demand is still huge though and it's a shame everything has been pushed back towards the end of 2020. I hope the uplift move is worth it. 

Let's hope next year things will be smoother. 

The uplift move isn't optional. If there are to be any new regions, it's required. LL's data center is maxed out, out of date, and they're not going to try to replace it. The decision to go to the cloud was made a couple years ago.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Using 23 houses as an example per region for the next few themes. In total roughly there would be 2, 070 new homes coming later this year.

The 50 pink SSP regions are probably very much like the 50 regions they used to develop the Log Homes.  That development area turned out to have a set of "template tiles", each 1-9 regions in size, that could be assembled in various ways to create a huge subcontinent of virtually unlimited size.  So it's not how many homes are in the SSP development area that determines how many homes they'll release, it's how many copies of each tile the Lindens want to put together.  I've posted this elsewhere, but here's how they put the tiles together for LogLand.  Slides courtesy of Abnor Mole.

1733274148_Abnorpresentationloghomes.thumb.png.3eeac789a0951249b4dae4844568498c.png

They started this approach with the Victorians, where they just made single-region clones that could be fit together in various ways.

1695662926_AbnorpresentationVictorians.thumb.png.f5f5e40fe66bef846cd5f3713f71789a.png

 

They may not take exactly the same approach with the stilt homes that they did with LogLand, but whatever they do, the eventual continent will probably be an assemblage of some sort of tiles.  If so, it can be as big as they want it to be.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  

10 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

Belli is American Home themed, whether by definite design choice, or by other factors we are not aware of in the decision making process.

Right this moment, after with the trauma of world events, it would be good to see houses which spark memories and feel comforting.
Instead, we are being asked to make the leap and understand another culture and architectural style.
It could however, be seen as an opportunity which is being denied those who are already familiar with the genres available.

I have to think that it's possible I might find it hard to accept a UK based Belli in any case. Design anomalies could grate, I might find myself complaining that everything was based on Southern english design and there was nothing i recognised from my own home town. Maybe USA Belli allows me to fuzz out those kind of issues in my mind.

I don't know if it helps, but some of these styles are new to Americans as well.  I've been to Florida many times, but never to the Keys.  I've spent a lot of time visiting Texas, but never Galveston, and I've never seen more than one or two stilt homes in any one place in my life, and never been in one.  You may remember Pussycat Catnap's reaction to the Victorians - she was looking at them from a San Fran perspective, and initially they just didn't look RIGHT to her.  The Colorado landscape (probably the basis for Camper areas) is very familiar to me.  But I've never owned or even stayed in a trailer in my life.  There are a WHOLE LOT of Americans who don't ski and have never visited a mountainous area likely to have big log cabins.

The UK has an amazing variety of well-defined architectures in a pretty small area (in total, a little smaller than Michigan, i believe), and residents know them very very well.  I would love to see more international styles in Belli, but if I were a member of the design team I would find UK styles a bit intimidating!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

  

I don't know if it helps, but some of these styles are new to Americans as well.  I've been to Florida many times, but never to the Keys.  I've spent a lot of time visiting Texas, but never Galveston, and I've never seen more than one or two stilt homes in any one place in my life, and never been in one.  You may remember Pussycat Catnap's reaction to the Victorians - she was looking at them from a San Fran perspective, and initially they just didn't look RIGHT to her.  The Colorado landscape (probably the basis for Camper areas) is very familiar to me.  But I've never owned or even stayed in a trailer in my life.  There are a WHOLE LOT of Americans who don't ski and have never visited a mountainous area likely to have big log cabins.

The UK has an amazing variety of well-defined architectures in a pretty small area (in total, a little smaller than Michigan, i believe), and residents know them very very well.  I would love to see more international styles in Belli, but if I were a member of the design team I would find UK styles a bit intimidating!

I agree, there are many different styles in the States, as it is a big (and amazing) country. I guess our point here is that, even though covering so many cultures as we have in Europe would be impossible, at least a litte 'wink' to other countries would be great. I know LL is a US based company, so it's normal it's US oriented, and I have no trouble at all with that, but there are many of us living in other places, and a bit of diversity would be more than welcome.

Still, I love the new homes of course, and the massive undertaking LL is doing, delivering so many houses in just one year

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

  

I don't know if it helps, but some of these styles are new to Americans as well.  I've been to Florida many times, but never to the Keys.  I've spent a lot of time visiting Texas, but never Galveston, and I've never seen more than one or two stilt homes in any one place in my life, and never been in one.  You may remember Pussycat Catnap's reaction to the Victorians - she was looking at them from a San Fran perspective, and initially they just didn't look RIGHT to her.  The Colorado landscape (probably the basis for Camper areas) is very familiar to me.  But I've never owned or even stayed in a trailer in my life.  There are a WHOLE LOT of Americans who don't ski and have never visited a mountainous area likely to have big log cabins.

The UK has an amazing variety of well-defined architectures in a pretty small area (in total, a little smaller than Michigan, i believe), and residents know them very very well.  I would love to see more international styles in Belli, but if I were a member of the design team I would find UK styles a bit intimidating!

I've lived in Florida since the early 70's and stilt houses are nothing new here. In Biscayne Bay, in Miami, there is or used to be a place called Stiltsville.  All the houses were built on stilts and you could only access them by boat.

After doing a quick google search, I found this:

https://www.nps.gov/bisc/learn/historyculture/stiltsville.htm

It looks like its still there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stiltsville

 

Edited by Littlemouse Topaz
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Estou longe da Flórida, mas queria contribuir para as questões da arquitetura consideradas únicas desse lugar, parece-me o clima e a paisagem são algumas vezes decisivas para as escolhas do que fazer e como construir. Aqui está um post que aconteceu em outubro de 2019 e acho que vale a pena revisar o tipo de palafitas que temos na Amazônia.

949240509_afu(3).jpg.632bd9604146a05afab5987d16bd2be5.jpg

Afua (8) .jpg.b8b823f5d21d60037eb99929eed28646.jpg

 

Edited by Nando Yip
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Parhelion Palou said:

The uplift move isn't optional. If there are to be any new regions, it's required. LL's data center is maxed out, out of date, and they're not going to try to replace it. The decision to go to the cloud was made a couple years ago.

Soooo.... If the SL servers are outdated and maxed, the move to the cloud should improve the user experience. Is that correct? (Since I've heard otherwise.)

Edit: Patch partially answered this question in group chat. He is looking for an improvement in region crossings. I don't know if there is anything else to add.

Edited by Eirynne Sieyes
content update
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I just HAD to look it up! Translation of Nando's post: 

I am far from Florida, but I wanted to contribute to the architectural issues considered unique to that place, it seems to me that the climate and the landscape are sometimes decisive for the choices of what to do and how to build. Here is a post that happened in October 2019 and I think it is worth reviewing the type of stilts that we have in the Amazon.

This is my current boat and, for me, it is as if the Amazon ended in SL. See the freedom to post some photos of a city called Afuá, which is in the state of Pará, where there is a typical Amazon climate, and the..

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...