NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As has been mentioned, do not abandon your homes.   A quick clarification on styles and such.  There are 4 floor plans to the Stilt Home theme.   There will be two placement options offered on the hom

That's the house controller (the mailbox or life preserver in earlier themes).   The numbers are the integer components of the house controller's x and y coordinates, padded with leading 0s if necessa

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

It is a certain similarity between the house themes, yes. I said it about the Victorians too, they look like upgraded Traditionals. I like the Traditionals, so I like Victorians and Stilt houses too. Even the Log houses have similarities to the others in the "family". But the Log landscaping are too dark for me.

So some get what they want. LL has not catered to all the wishes. Maybe we have so many tastes and so much diversity that it is impossible to make a theme for everyone.

I like the Traditionals but I didn't like the Victorians, for the reason of the multiple small rooms inside, though the exteriors look lovely. And I love the houseboats for the location and beachy landscaping. The stilt houses combine the best of these; externally they're more similar to the Trads but inside they're more open-plan, like the houseboats and log-homes. That allows much more scope for interior decorating; with no specific place for kitchens, bedrooms etc, you can divide the space up however you wish. I foresee a lot of user-made content for these such as interior dividers, especially for that one single-storey house with the huge open-plan main room.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

Unpopular opinion: They look like already existing Linden Homes, but just put on stilts in the ocean.

The style is the same, the layout is different, and for me the larger windows make a difference, and I would have liked that in a non-stilt house as well.
From a UK perspective it feels very odd to have so many houses made of wood, but if that is what you are used to then the differences between would seem more noticeable?

• Like 4

Kind of agree with everything feeling a bit same-y. If someone who didn't already have a pretty decent knowledge of the themes and homes saw screenshots of any of the insides of any of the styles and homes, they'd be basically just guessing what theme/style it was. All the releases so far (apart from campers, I guess) have felt a bit like just different 'takes' on the Traditional. That said, I've still been pretty happen with all the styles and whatnot. 

Still, I'd kill for some brick/urban themes in the future, and I have to imagine at the very least we are probably getting some sort of modern theme eventually (a sort-of update to the Meadowbrook). 

• Like 4

I love this theme too and intend on adding it to my collection. But I'm still waiting for the contemporary, open plan, high ceiling, huge window, with water home - NOT in an urban setting. Can't please the world, huh? 😄

• Like 2

Taking a more leisurely look today at the new homes...

I notice that the higher deck on the back of the Tortuga would be a good area to place a Florida room or screened porch, which would increase the interior space on that home.

The same could be added to the back of the first floor of the Santiago - and if it was only half of the space width-wise it would still have some deck space.

And while lack of space/rooms may be not as much of an issue with the Lauderdale - it's got the two level deck on the back off the first floor similar to the Tortuga, so that's another good space for a Florida room or screened porch add-on.

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 1

A couple of other things - the big windows are wonderful but they do create challenges for placing kitchens.

image.thumb.png.3ee7cb6878fbf1c640fc9d3421f88afd.png

The best space I see for a bathroom is to divide the Lauderdale upstairs room that has the two entrances and use the smaller space in the back for a bathroom.

• Like 2

I just did a quick Google search on kitchens for stilt homes, and saw that some use islands that have sinks and stove tops built in. I think I have something like that already in my giant inventory, but this will be another opportunity for creators. 

4456224.11.jpg

• Like 9
3 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

The style is the same, the layout is different, and for me the larger windows make a difference, and I would have liked that in a non-stilt house as well.
From a UK perspective it feels very odd to have so many houses made of wood, but if that is what you are used to then the differences between would seem more noticeable?

LL has a great opportunity now to be more diverse and inclusive to other cultures outside the US,  byincluding home styles from other countries. Of course you cannot please everyone, but it would be a great gesture from them to at least try. Who knows, maybe we'll find it in the themes to come; at least the cabins remind me of our caseríos and casonas.

I love the new homes when it comes to the house structure itself, not a big fan of the landscaping and the fact they are actually floating, supported just by big sticks to me. Still, I think they have made a great work with them, even though it is not my personal style. 

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

About kichens, to preserve the open and airy feeling, I think I will go for an extended corner, or an small island with sink or stove top. Maybe a half wall, not more.

I thought about dividing the upstairs room in Lauderdale, but it will be too small. I will either ignore the second entrance, or place something over it, like a wardrobe. I will use the other large room as a bath, a really big bathroom. Because the huge balcony out there is so grand.

I like that it's no doors. I can place doors in if I want to.

I did a mistake with the first houseboat I had, I put in too many walls. What was a large, light room became small, dark rooms.

• Like 2

Have you seen that the house controllers have different numbers?

Does this mean... we can select the numbers?! O.M.G. If not, what does the numbers stand for, are they just random?

And it is no indoor controller. I have not seen any. Does this one control everything?

numbers_002.jpg

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I feel invigorated, I have not been like this since the first release of the Traditionals and Houseboats.

Thank you Linden Lab ❤️

I agree!

I've got to wondering what the landscape configuration will be like for this theme. For example will it be similar to how the 1024 house boats have been done in the pickle area : so you'll get some boardwalk attached homes, and  some entirely over water, and some on the land.

1714500345_Hboatlayouts1.thumb.PNG.bf93eecf734791343519d892cc71b71c.PNGimageproxy.php?img=&key=a03a54f708f2dfe5

Or the sand areas could be bigger for the stilt homes so that are more like islands so that a number can be placed inland.  Or maybe we'll see something a bit like this, a kind of cross between the two?

1436489572_homelayouts2.thumb.png.fe2942b52dd8c52481d232c93ff1a63b.png

The demo area:

1095096843_Beachhomeslayout1_001.png.112479641d3ba6c519687207fc9442b9.png

Or there could be  a regular continent size, with the majority of stilt homes being inland and the rest along the surrounding coastline (again, similar to what we see for the houseboats in some regions), so one big sandy continent.  Patch mentioned the aim of keeping the houseboats and stilt home themes near each other so may the first couple of ideas.

Or maybe something very different. Who knows:) I'm just musing over whether there will be more inland homes than over water ones...I really hope not! Got to snag a water one!:) And it'll keep me busy whilst waiting months for the release....lol

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
13 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Does this mean... we can select the numbers?! O.M.G. If not, what does the numbers stand for, are they just random?

And it is no indoor controller. I have not seen any. Does this one control everything?

numbers_002.jpg

Those are the house numbers. We won't get street names (yet?), but we are getting numbers.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

These are cute. I would imagine the numbers will stay if that's what is at the demo (based on the requests for numbers - they don't have to reference anything, just look like they do). i noticed the lack of controllers too - maybe they hid them so people can't see what's inside (people did post findings on the forum before).

On 6/24/2020 at 10:21 AM, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Wow, I love these! Tick most of the boxes I wanted - by/on water, open plan, lots of windows - yay!:) First theme that is actually tempting me to move from my houseboat. My only reservation is the final spacing between each home. Houseboats can be too jammed packed together (usually the long plots feel like that), so I'm wondering if the demo area acurately reflects the distancing we'll see between each home in the final builds. And I hope there will be enough of them that are positioned on the water to go round, rather than the majority inland. I hope these won't be so popular so I can get one! LOL.

Gotta go think about packing up ready for whenever the release is 😀 (yeah, I know it's probably not soon).

I have already replied to this, but I was wrong about the numbers in the demo region. As I count them now, it is 23 houses in the demo region.

That is the same number as the full regions they have released before, so the demo region should give us an accurate view of the distancing. This makes me impressed. Is it the water that makes me feel it is fewer homes and longer distance between them?

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I doubt that means anything.  The Log Home demo region also did not have indoor controllers.

ETA: note, also, that these homes do not have the curtains shown in Patch's teaser pics.  Or at least I didn't see any, and I went into several of the demos.  I don't know if that means they won't be offered, or if they're optional and not present on the demo homes.

Edited by Nika Talaj
22 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

ETA: note, also, that these homes do not have the curtains shown in Patch's teaser pics.  Or at least I didn't see any, and I went into several of the demos.  I don't know if that means they won't be offered, or if they're optional and not present on the demo homes.

Those look like What Next drapes to me. (As previously noted, they used little What Next campers, too.)

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/what-next-Maison-Drapes-mesh/6234744

• Like 3
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Those look like What Next drapes to me. (As previously noted, they used little What Next campers, too.)

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/what-next-Maison-Drapes-mesh/6234744

Well ... you know ... there's a certain number of Mole benches, webbed camp chairs, lamps, refreshments, arbors etc. that bear a strange resemblance to What Next merch ...

Let's see, why would that be?   😉

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Well ... you know ... there's a certain number of Mole benches, webbed camp chairs, lamps, refreshments, arbors etc. that bear a strange resemblance to What Next merch ...

Let's see, why would that be?   😉

I don't speculate as to who is a Mole, nor do I tell what I do know. My point is that if you like the curtains, What Next sells them!

• Like 4

I love this style.  Feels like a true vacation home.  If I am lucky enough to get one when they are released I am going for the Santiago.  The front and rear balconies on the upper level are a plus. There is a front and rear deck.  Might enlarge the rear deck.   I love the open floorplan downstairs and have plans in the works for a dream kitchen.I plan to make the upstairs a complete Master/Mistress en suite. I can visualize alfresco dining right outside those sliding doors on the back deck.   It also allows for a decent size boat for docking.  Landscaping will be kept to a minimum. A few palm trees here and there :)  Yeah, I am already there...

• Like 6
8 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

That's the house controller (the mailbox or life preserver in earlier themes).   The numbers are the integer components of the house controller's x and y coordinates, padded with leading 0s if necessary to generate a 6 digit number.    

There will be an indoor control panel the landowner can use to control access, change the decor, and so on, just as there is in the other themes, once we've finished scripting the houses.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 13
14 hours ago, Elena Core said:

LL has a great opportunity now to be more diverse and inclusive to other cultures outside the US,  byincluding home styles from other countries. Of course you cannot please everyone, but it would be a great gesture from them to at least try. Who knows, maybe we'll find it in the themes to come; at least the cabins remind me of our caseríos and casonas.

I love the new homes when it comes to the house structure itself, not a big fan of the landscaping and the fact they are actually floating, supported just by big sticks to me. Still, I think they have made a great work with them, even though it is not my personal style. 

I don't want to sound too definite, in case there is a big switch of approach later, but as it is now, Belli is American Home themed, whether by definite design choice, or by other factors we are not aware of in the decision making process.

Right this moment, after with the trauma of world events, it would be good to see houses which spark memories and feel comforting.
Instead, we are being asked to make the leap and understand another culture and architectural style.
It could however, be seen as an opportunity which is being denied those who are already familiar with the genres available.

For me, it's a case of , 'what can be done with what there is?', rather than an emotional rush of 'ooh this reminds me of...'.

Virtual worlds are , for me anyway, a dynamic between experiencing the unfamiliar, and rethinking the already known.
I have to think that it's possible I might find it hard to accept a UK based Belli in any case. Design anomalies could grate, I might find myself complaining that everything was based on Southern english design and there was nothing i recognised from my own home town. Maybe USA Belli allows me to fuzz out those kind of issues in my mind.

Second Life has its limitations, sometimes we need to be creative to work around those. As long as that doesn't mean ruining other people's experiences by trying to utterly change home themes externally, this seems ok.

• Like 1
On 6/26/2020 at 2:12 AM, Frigga Freidman said:

It may be a bit early, but if you're starting to collect furniture for the stilt houses, it's worth visiting Trompe L'Oeil for their current Stay At Home Club gift (free). Note that the Trompe gifts change so these may not be available in a couple of weeks. As ever with their chairs, many different patterns and colors are included; both styles include fabric and leather options, with lots of PG animations.

Also visit Trompe L'Oeil in SL17B. Another versatile chair for free. https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Snowflake/88/164/53