NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Look!  From Rain Alderbury's (the instructor's) profile:

BLENDER 2.91 Instructor @ Builders Brewery 🔨 http://www.buildersbrewery.com/calendar/

Beginners Serie A (7 lessons) Saturdays 11:00am
Interm Serie B (7 lessons) Thursdays 11:00am
Interm Serie C (3 lessons) Sundays at 11:00am
Interm Serie D (2 lessons) starts Jan. 31st.

For help, join my Helpdesk Group.
If I'm offline, you can also ask in a notecard. 
See my picks for additional help.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

The waterway in front of this lot leads to what might become open, sailable, water but is currently a void region with a Linden buoy in it.  Does the presence of the buoy mean that it will be an open water region or just that it will be built on at some point or what?  TIA!

The two buoys at the northern corners of Flamingo Dancers are actually in Shell Cove and Dive In (You can quickly tell what region a buoy is in by trying to sit on it.  It won't work, but if you get a "no place to sit" msg it is in your region.  If you get "move closer", it is in a different region.  You can also search the region for 'buoy", but that's slower).

No way to tell what the void regions will be. My personal guess is that it will be quite a while until anything shows up above the northernmost stilt regions, tho.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

The two buoys at the northern corners of Flamingo Dancers are actually in Shell Cove and Dive In (You can quickly tell what region a buoy is in by trying to sit on it.  It won't work, but if you get a "no place to sit" msg it is in your region.  If you get "move closer", it is in a different region.  You can also search the region for 'buoy", but that's slower).

No way to tell what the void regions will be. My personal guess is that it will be quite a while until anything shows up above the northernmost stilt regions, tho.

Oh, you're right; that buoy is right at the Dive In boundary, it just looked like it was outside in the void region.  Thanks!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Look!  From Rain Alderbury's (the instructor's) profile:

BLENDER 2.91 Instructor @ Builders Brewery 🔨 http://www.buildersbrewery.com/calendar/

Beginners Serie A (7 lessons) Saturdays 11:00am
Interm Serie B (7 lessons) Thursdays 11:00am
Interm Serie C (3 lessons) Sundays at 11:00am
Interm Serie D (2 lessons) starts Jan. 31st.

For help, join my Helpdesk Group.
If I'm offline, you can also ask in a notecard. 
See my picks for additional help.

Thank you for publicizing this Leora. Builder's Brewery has an excellent reputation and teaches how to make mesh optimized for SL. Rain conducted another well-organized class today, and it was good to see familiar GOH people there! it's probably not to late to play catch up either if anybody else is interested. We will get so good at it, LL will hire us to make mole stuff. Or furnish the next continent. Maybe. Lol! 😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Pondering what to do about low hanging skyboxes and platforms.  Last night I messaged a neighbor about her two very low skyboxes, thinking she might not be aware of the covenant though she is an oldie, like me.  We talked a bit but my Spanish is virtually non-existent and her English was limited and she apologized but said she did not know how to lift the skyboxes any higher.  I told her she could contact the Builders Brewery group and also gave her a link to the Spanish language forum here but the skyboxes are still there today.  I really don't think we need to call the cops (Lindens) when we can just help our neighbors but sometimes that doesn't work.  Then this evening I saw a low-lying building platform over another region and, being tired and ready to log out, I just lowered my draw distance and hit the "X".  Any other neighborly ways to deal with this?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Pondering what to do about low hanging skyboxes and platforms.  Last night I messaged a neighbor about her two very low skyboxes, thinking she might not be aware of the covenant though she is an oldie, like me.  We talked a bit but my Spanish is virtually non-existent and her English was limited and she apologized but said she did not know how to lift the skyboxes any higher.  I told her she could contact the Builders Brewery group and also gave her a link to the Spanish language forum here but the skyboxes are still there today.  I really don't think we need to call the cops (Lindens) when we can just help our neighbors but sometimes that doesn't work.  Then this evening I saw a low-lying building platform over another region and, being tired and ready to log out, I just lowered my draw distance and hit the "X".  Any other neighborly ways to deal with this?

I wonder how she got the skyboxes where they are if she doesn't know how to place them.  I'm picturing someone sitting in the skybox on the ground and using the editing arrow to lift it a tiny bit at a time while she is standing in it. 

Before someone told me to rez a box and sit on it first and then edit the box to the altitude I wanted, I did all the parts except the sitting and just flew the thousands of feet in the air until I reached it.  😄 Always a noob.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

36 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Before someone told me to rez a box and sit on it first and then edit the box to the altitude I wanted, I did all the parts except the sitting and just flew the thousands of feet in the air until I reached it. 

I did this for a long time.  Then I got smart and after sending the skybox up, I opened the map and entered a height just a tiny bit higher to send me up. 

Took me a while to learn the sit-on-box thingy also.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Google Translate or one of the other translation websites.  Create a notecard telling her how to edit the height of the skybox.  At least you know she will talk to you without immediately calling you nasty names.

I've been yelled at enough and called enough horrid names, that I just don't bother anymore.  I had one person IM me daily - until I blocked her - to tell me how I should be minding my own business and how her major snowstorm in July (on the beach) wasn't hurting anyone.  These days, I AR everything and let the Lindens take care of it.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Google Translate or one of the other translation websites.  Create a notecard telling her how to edit the height of the skybox. 

True and it didn't really take that long to do.  I will let you guys know if it works.  Would one of the Spanish speakers here please contact me so I can pass you the translated notecard inworld?  I would appreciate having it edited to be correct.  I could NOT get the accented o to work in the notecard title and gave up on that but it copied fine into the body.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

True and it didn't really take that long to do.  I will let you guys know if it works.  Would one of the Spanish speakers here please contact me so I can pass you the translated notecard inworld?  I would appreciate having it edited to be correct.  I could NOT get the accented o to work in the notecard title and gave up on that but it copied fine into the body.

I will be happy to edit it 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Loretta String said:

You can send the the skybox to the desired height by changing the Z value, and then just teleport up using the gth <<height>> command if you are on Firestorm, that's the fastest way. To return to the ground you just type flr .

I know but her understanding and building skills seemed noobish (I remember those days; spent an hour trying to get my first house to sit flat on the ground!) so I thought an explanation would help.  Thanks for the tip on returning to the ground; I did not know that!  :D

• Thanks 1

Picked up a Silt on Pier  today.  It's on Jamison which I think was released today maybe?  Lots of On Land Stilts titled Linden Home.  My parcel has an unobstructed view of the ocean.  I am done with GOH until such time an updated Meadowbrook is released.  I hope an updated Meadowbrook is in the works.

Edited by Cougar Sangria
Mispelling
  • Like 3

On 1/22/2021 at 2:23 AM, Cougar Sangria said:

I am done with GOH until such time an updated Meadowbrook is released.  I hope an updated Meadowbrook is in the works.

Ditto! Always wished that one of the future themes would be an upgraded Meadowbrook as I prefer modern style lofts. I stayed in one last year when I could not get even a trad. I’ve seen quite a few old LH models that look so luxe inside with professional interior deco and would have been perfect for me if only the exteriors would match the quality.

old-linden-house-decor_50383421593_o.thumb.jpeg.9dbf6497b0ac50f5df8375c7ab2c63b4.jpegold-linden-house-decor_50384118376_o.thumb.jpeg.8173dd3120ce7616b0f4f42d34a01b36.jpegold-linden-house-decor_50384128296_o.thumb.jpeg.468725bf8b4704af7015c90144c3f9e2.jpegold-linden-house-decor_50384295812_o.thumb.jpeg.57d1069a0b83ba89927834cf133679d1.jpegold-linden-house-decor_50384296167_o.thumb.jpeg.ea619a0eae4613260ff01e07c597c04f.jpegold-linden-house-decor_50384296992_o.thumb.jpeg.f93380067f950ecc500eff2c81cdc0bc.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Yuumo Ichibara said:

Ditto! Always wished that one of the future themes would be an upgraded Meadowbrook as I prefer modern style lofts. I stayed in one last year when I could not get even a trad. I’ve seen quite a few old LH models that look so luxe inside with professional interior deco and would have been perfect for me if only the exteriors would match the quality.

old-linden-house-decor_50383421593_o.thumb.jpeg.9dbf6497b0ac50f5df8375c7ab2c63b4.jpegold-linden-house-decor_50384118376_o.thumb.jpeg.8173dd3120ce7616b0f4f42d34a01b36.jpegold-linden-house-decor_50384128296_o.thumb.jpeg.468725bf8b4704af7015c90144c3f9e2.jpegold-linden-house-decor_50384295812_o.thumb.jpeg.57d1069a0b83ba89927834cf133679d1.jpegold-linden-house-decor_50384296167_o.thumb.jpeg.ea619a0eae4613260ff01e07c597c04f.jpegold-linden-house-decor_50384296992_o.thumb.jpeg.f93380067f950ecc500eff2c81cdc0bc.jpeg

Wow, this is so lovely!!  Thank you!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, MillyWH said:

Has anyone else had an issue with their windows looking blue when they are supposed to be uncovered? like this

Is there a fix for this?

8fa83677c876544680b14c37675a4711.png

I’ve had this as well. My first stilt home I thought it was how they’d built the windows & couldn’t understand why. Then I discovered if I tp out & back again it was fixed. Hopefully someone has a better idea than ping ponging around the grid.

• Like 3

On 1/27/2021 at 4:22 AM, Yuumo Ichibara said:

I just did a contemporary home on my parcel (off of Belli) and I love this. I need to pick your brain and ask you where you found the kitchen and fireplace. I like them both a lot!

Edited by Mercedes Avon
typos :-)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.