NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Re-reading Patch's last status update, I interpret it to mean that no additional regions will be released after today's until after the holidays, timed release or not. Looks like it's time to start decorating for Christmas where I am.

Well, I've been watching the map and decided it was finally time to jump in. Got one on Blue Marlin that isn't for me, but tomorrow is another day. (Now just crossing all appendages hoping that my other fave region isn't released in today's drip feed.)

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Re-reading Patch's last status update, I interpret it to mean that no additional regions will be released after today's until after the holidays, timed release or not. Looks like it's time to start decorating for Christmas where I am.

Well, I've been watching the map and decided it was finally time to jump in. Got one on Blue Marlin that isn't for me, but tomorrow is another day. (Now just crossing all appendages hoping that my other fave region isn't released in today's drip feed.)

That's how it sounded to me as well, but considering how often the regions are going, you and I both might see our dream regions go on without us. Unless the releases stop soon.

8 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

That's what I interpreted it to mean as well, but of course this is not clearly defined lol

Just now, Syo Emerald said:

It looks like all "posts" in front of the Linden Homes in my region just vanished. (The things with the little light and number, where you can select a type of house). 🤨

did you relog and this was still the case?

9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

To be fair, she did also say "when the main release is out and it is safe to do so".

Good advice for everyone at this moment in time @Patch Linden  did stop on my back deck long enough to say hi maybe checking up along with the rest of the region in general not too long ago

• Like 5

• Administrators
Just now, Claireschen Hesten said:

Good advice for everyone at this moment in time @Patch Linden  did stop on my back deck long enough to say hi maybe checking up along with the rest of the region in general not too long ago

Yes hehe, sorry I wasn't too chatty!  I'm bouncing around as people pick up houses to make sure they look like they are working OK.  🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

Just now, Patch Linden said:

Yes hehe, sorry I wasn't too chatty!  I'm bouncing around as people pick up houses to make sure they look like they are working OK.  🙂

That's fine, very grateful homes could be released before Christmas even if we might not all have the sort of location we prefer just yet. Luckily all the house control options i tried are working fine, will try and make the most of what i've got until its ok to try for a pier

• Like 2

I'm having a hard time understanding the three stilt types.  I understand what the different designations mean, and I understand how the code determines which is which.  

A "Water" home can be fully surrounded by water, or on the edge of a land mass.  A "Pier" home can be the same, though is always attached to a pier.  A land home is always at least partially over land. 

If you want a "Land" home that touches water, you could essentially get that with any of the three types. 

In short, unless you want a  house on land, but don't care if it also touches water, then it's pretty much a crapshoot, regardless of which house type you choose.  I guess this shouldn't bother me, as all other home themes are completely random, but then why bother splitting them.

Maybe "Landlocked," "Waterlocked," "Water's Edge,"  and "Pier" would have been more intuitive?

On the plus side, at least we can now enjoy having stilts.

Edited by Matthieu Quander
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.