NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Patch has just posted this up in the last few minutes via the Linden Homes section. 

Hi Everyone!

An update on where we're at with the Stilt home regions release.   We tried with all of our might today to get them in to everyone's hands that wants them.  Sadly our plans were thwarted by unforeseen complications.  We're hoping to work through some more of this tomorrow, and I'll be back with another update as quickly as possible!

Have a great evening and thank you for your patience with us as we work through these issues.

-Patch, the Moles and the Second Life Land Operations team

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

I snagged one of the homes on water on the test region. 
It's definitely a different experience since there's nothing obstructing the view of your neighbor's home. If (the illusion of) privacy is a thing for you, or you enjoy a lot of greenery and that sort of neighborhoody feeling of the trade or Vics, then I'd say a stilt might not be for you. I lived on a houseboat before this and the privacy feels to me about the same.

The big draw for me, and the thing I'm trilled with is the fact that I'm on the water. I can moor my boat and still live in a house as opposed to a houseboat. If you're a sailor, this is huge. Definitely something different!

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

If I abandon my stilt tonight, will it be available to someone or will it sit in maintenance until another release happens?

My guess is that it will wait until someone else abandons one. That seems to be the usual pattern with the other themes, that it takes two of the same type and then they come out of the chute together. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, foneco Zuzu said:

The lack of protected water regions adjacent to the borders of most stilt regions is a sad fact.

No way to navigate safely unless you go on a file.

Guess Air transport are much better served to reach the spot where they will connect to Satori or nautilius.

Should not be more cheaper with the cloud to have more protected water regions?

Good point about the difficulty potentially with sailing, do we know the range of the LL provided security orbs?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lloyd Overland said:

Good point about the difficulty potentially with sailing, do we know the range of the LL provided security orbs?

The borders of each home are marked by Linden-placed pier posts. No way to go flying between them in a speedboat, but definitely navigable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Fay Starlight said:

I got a trad today on probably the oldest part of Bellis, and I clicked the mailbox and the house poofed and won't come back, even after they reset the region.

o.O

Same thing just happened to me, I decided to get a log home for few months instead of a stilt.. and I just clicked to change the house and it poofed and won't come back.. Marketplace is also giving errors.

• Like 1

Just now, ClariceRose said:

Same thing just happened to me, I decided to get a log home for few months instead of a stilt.. and I just clicked to change the house and it poofed and won't come back.. Marketplace is also giving errors.

I guess they are working on it. :)

I will try again tomorrow hopefully the stilts will work out better

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ClariceRose said:

I'm not sure it's the same issue, but this same thing happened to me earlier. One of the moles advised me to hold click on the rezzer and hold it down for 4 seconds to reset it. Then close any HUD notices that appear. Then click the rezzer again. 
Evidently this will resents the rezzer. 

Edited by Io Bechir
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Apologies if I've missed it, but I haven't seen anyone mention the additional colors available for the stilt houses - there's a lime green and lavender which didn't appear in the reveal region. However, I've yet to see any houses using the blue that was shown in the reveal.

stiltcolor2.JPG

stiltcolor1.JPG

The blue is there (called Leguna). There are a total of 9 exterior colors including white and gray.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

I was lucky enough to get one of the Stilts today as well. It really was just a matter of being on the land page at just the right moment. The region had to be restarted a number of times after the homes were assigned (three times, I think). 

I second the opinion that if privacy is your thing, the Stilts may not be ideal for you. The homes have big windows and no natural line-of-sight barriers between you and neighbors on potentially three or four sides. There's one or two houses right now where the shades have been lowered, but that looks kind of strange IMO.

I'm on the dock, but from what little I can see of the closest island, it appears that there are small water features inland on those islands (ponds and the like). So even if a house is set back towards the center of the island, there may be a water feature nearby.

Of the people who got homes today, only about 4 of us have started furnishing the interiors. Another 4 to 6 have put things out on their docks.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.