NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

/me ponders Patch's latest.

The 23rd ... wow, 2 days before Christmas. 

/me looks at the grid, which for some purposes is working just fine, but for others seems like a flaky string of Christmas lights.

That said, the only thing Patch cites as a barrier to release is a known uplift glitch in the actual LH release software.  So, they have not been waiting for overall grid stability.   Other software that is unique to LH's includes the LH land page (which continues to work just fine, and there's no reason to suspect that the Stilt homes would cause an issue), and the parcel and home controllers.  If LL is confident about the controllers, and if they are highly desirous of getting the Stilts out before Christmas ....

Well, just this once I wouldn't rule out a LH release on Thurs or Fri.  I think Patch will pull the trigger as soon as he believes the Linden Home release software is working. 

But he has been given no promises as to when that will be...

So, yes, given how things have been going I think January is the most likely scenario.  But it's a day-to-day decision.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Claire Atheria said:

Where is Patch's latest from? I don't see any recent forum posts (unless I'm missing something).

Someone posted what Patch has said in the Belli chat earlier this morning.  Scroll back a little in this thread and you should see it (for me it was near the bottom of the previous page).

• Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

/me ponders Patch's latest.

/me looks at the grid, which for some purposes is working just fine, but for others seems like a flaky string of Christmas lights.

That said, the only thing Patch cites as a barrier to release is a known uplift glitch in the actual LH release software.  So, they have not been waiting for overall grid stability.   Other software that is unique to LH's includes the LH land page (which continues to work just fine, and there's no reason to suspect that the Stilt homes would cause an issue), and the parcel and home controllers.  If LL is confident about the controllers, and if they are highly desirous of getting the Stilts out before Christmas ....

Well, just this once I wouldn't rule out a LH release on Thurs or Fri.  I think Patch will pull the trigger as soon as he believes the Linden Home release software is working. 

But he has been given no promises as to when that will be...

So, yes, given how things have been going I think January is the most likely scenario.  But it's a day-to-day decision.

Commercially LL would surely want to get them out before the holidays which would create a win/win: There would be excitment from existing users who tell friends and family who may join or upgrade and there would be more availability of all LH types due to abandons to get a new Stilt. The only thing, as Patch said earlier in the Group chat, is if the technical glitch isn't solved. After 23rd it won't be before new year due to rdeuced staffing levels (I assume).

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

For me it would be right in time for Christmas presents, because timezones mean its going to be the 24th already for me and presents are traditionally given on the evening of the 24th in Germany. 🎄

Edited by Syo Emerald
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Which reminds me of ... "No Milk today!"

... "How could they know just what this message means - the end of my hope the end of all my dreams!" ...😞

Someone mentioned that song in chat yesterday and now I can't get it out of my head lol. I keep singing

"No Stilts today, and Patch has gone away..." lol

• Haha 8

Lost interest in the Stilts release. 

Not because of the delays, but because the Stilts were interesting to me as a primo sailing venue, and SL sailing is no longer particularly pleasurable to me due to the inability to zoom out on the world map.  Even at relatively low zoom levels map performance is spotty.   LL appears to be completely disinterested in fixing it.  The Grid Status note about the map has had no update since Nov. 19th, and I cannot find an active Jira relating to it.

I suppose they are not getting complaints from the big SL cruising & racing groups because they can sail from marker buoy to marker.  I'm guessing no one at LL sails anymore?

Anyway, have fun watching for the stilts, folks.  I'll check back if exploration by boat becomes fun again.

• Like 6

Ah, and here I thought the map issue was just my pc deciding not to load it for whatever reason.

The Stilt homes are pretty packed on those regions, so sailing in some regions could be like running a gauntlet anyway.

We'll see.

But yeah, the map issue has been pretty annoying when I am trying to find mainland continents to wander around. Basically guess a region name and hope you fall on one you hadn't already recently wandered.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.