NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1158 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

28 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

Say what...are they having problems with uplift now?

While all regions have been migrated to the cloud (or most anyway - they might still have a few test regions not there intentionally), there are various back end processes that are still running on LL servers because they ran into issues when they tried to migrate them.  Who knows what else has cropped up over the last week or so.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

Straight from the horses moth .... or rather the mouses ... ;)

...[05:26]  Selina Brandenburg: Any news about the Stilts?
[05:27] Patch Linden: No, have you heard anything?
[05:27]  Selina Brandenburg: No or I would not ask
[05:27]  Selina Brandenburg: So another day of WAITING
[05:28]  Patch Linden: Oh, I haven't heard either....
[05:28]  Patch Linden: My best guess is it's going to be more than a days wait though  ;)

[05:30]  Patch Linden: The release will be so big, that I do not thing people will have an issue with getting a home like last time.... at least not initially until we run out again.

[05:38]  Patch Linden: The release will go like prior recent large scale release, all the regions will be tossed into the pool, from there Skynet takes over and we have no idea what will come out as it chews through the queue

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 12
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

[05:28]  Patch Linden: My best guess is it's going to be more than a days wait though  ;)

[05:30]  Patch Linden: The release will be so big, that I do not thing people will have an issue with getting a home like last time.... at least not initially until we run out again.

[05:38]  Patch Linden: The release will go like prior recent large scale release, all the regions will be tossed into the pool, from there Skynet takes over and we have no idea what will come out as it chews through the queue

People aren’t worried that it will be sold out, they just want one because we’ve been waiting all summer. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Thanks for sharing this, it's good news for those who were worried that the release will happen while they are at work or asleep.

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

With the SL Christmas Expo opening this Friday I would imagine next week (7th+ December) for the big release. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Via Bellisseria Citizens group notice - 30th November 2020

[06:52:43] Patch Linden: Yes, this week will be pretty aggressive with restarts, not related to anything we're doing with Linden Homes, but may also prevent us from doing anything with them also.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

That's my guess too. Perhaps they'll reveal the following theme at the Expo on Friday and then release both themes next week.

Looking at what's on the map currently for stilts, it's not as many regions as there were for the log homes, so I think your guess about a release of two themes is a good one.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Patch actually hinted at this back in June: 

Yup, I remembered that.  I guess the original, pre-Covid, plan was to release the stilts sometime during the summer, with the next theme "before the holidays". On the other hand, I suppose it's possible that there are even more stilt regions that we can't see yet. (Either way, I hope the QA has already been done. Fingers crossed!)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

I guess the original, pre-Covid, plan was to release the stilts sometime during the summer

I think it was the "pre run out of regions" plan, though I think the region shortage was partly due to covid chasing a bunch of folks inworld to buy regions.

• Like 3

As i'm sitting in my log home, adoring my lake view, i'm finding an immense amount of graphical lag.. and it scares me to think that there will be more stilts on some regions than current homes. Initially the log homes weren't so bad, but as of 2 or so months ago they feel like an absolute nightmare to even walk through.

Please let my stilt home be surrounded by empty homes lol

Edited by RitaCallisto
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, RitaCallisto said:

As i'm sitting in my log home, adoring my lake view, i'm finding an immense amount of graphical lag.. and it scares me to think that there will be more stilts on some regions than current homes. Initially the log homes weren't so bad, but as of 2 or so months ago they feel like an absolute nightmare to even walk through.

Please let my stilt home be surrounded by empty homes lol

Part of that lag is the overall cloud issues they are having right now.  Object & texture rezzing across the entire grid majorly sucks right now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Part of that lag is the overall cloud issues they are having right now.  Object & texture rezzing across the entire grid majorly sucks right now.

Thanks for this reminder. I had to replace my computer a few days ago, and I've been blaming this new one for the slow rezzing I'm experiencing. I'd forgotten about the uplift issues!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I wasn't aware of the texture issues(aside from things remaining grey for longer), thanks for the heads up!

What I am experiencing re: post-uplift rezzing really kinda worries me. When I come into a place, it is grey ... grey ... grey for what seems like a long time.  Then, OMG IT"S ALL REZZING AT ONCE BOOM! 

Except for one person's head, and that vendor pic over there, and they refuse to rez unless I leave and come back much later. 

It looks like the viewer isn't getting any updates until after significant time has elapsed, and then it gets a flood.  Could be the requests for the things that don't rez have actually timed out in some silent way, or could be the flood overwhelms a queue in the viewer, and the cache thinks it has textures that are lying on the floor somewhere in the rez pipeline, who knows.

What worries me about this is that I suspect there is little LL can do to alter packet flows through the cloud (or datacenter, if I understand their current deployment), and even less they can realistically do between the cloud and the users.  Over time, client-side adjustments could be made.

They said they're concentrating on stability now, and will get to performance tuning later.  Maybe this classifies as a performance issue, but it's a worrying one.  Sure hope they can do something about it.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1158 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.