NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

15 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

The bolded: I was just going to ask about the "no stairs" houses. I love the idea about water homes with no entry stairs. This will be my natural place for a boat, I think.

But the entry straight from the pier, is this a "water" house, or an "anchored to land" house? I totally LOVE this way to walk in. See image.

walk_001.jpg

My understanding is that this is the way the 'all over water" ones will be -- no steps, but a connection to a pier or dock, just like what you are standing on.

28 minutes ago, Vega Firelyte said:

I'm going to guess that the water level is down a little ways from the deck.  One idea is you could build a small stairs down and a small dock, which would give it a finished feel and give you a spot to park your boat, for those in the water or the water mix stilt homes.

I have turned on "show property lines" and it would be a small deck. 🤭 I have eyeballed the parcels because I wanted to see if I could have a boat at the front entry. Yes, but that would be a tiny one. A rowboat or a small motorboat. Half the boat need to be inside the property, unless will it be returned. Even if you dock the boat with the long side parallel with the house, it will be a close fit. After I found out this, a boat on all water is not #1 on my wish list.

40 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Has anyone measured the homes yet?  A couple of the styles look quite wide, especially the Tortuga.  Add in that huge back deck and I'm not sure how much side & back yard there will actually be.  Given that the demo areas are always more spacious, land-wise, than the true builds, it is really hard to tell how much yard there will really be without actual measuring.

I have a note to myself to go do some measuring, but I figured I'd wait on that for many more days to let the crowds die down.

Yes, the Tortuga is covering much of the parcel, the back deck is almost touching the property line. I am more interested in where I can dock a boat. I think I found out that I can have a small/medium boat on one side of the Tortuga. The 2 story houses has more space for a boat or a garden.

I will abandon homes until I can get a house with entrance from the pier. Even if the land pace does not like it.

• Like 2

It's 17 houses in the demo region. If LL uses the commonly 20 - 22 homes per region, it gives you a hint about how the finished regions will look.

But I believe the open feeling will still be there. It is fewer trees and light colors, I think that makes me feel it's more roomy.

• Like 5

I do like these houses a lot, it will be a nice vacation home for sure :) Hopefully one on the water, and I think I can fit my little motorboat by the pier ❤️ Love that the texture is a bit washed off and old looking also like it would with a house close to or on the sea :) 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

It's 17 houses in the demo region. If LL uses the commonly 20 - 22 homes per region, it gives you a hint about how the finished regions will look.

But I believe the open feeling will still be there. It is fewer trees and light colors, I think that makes me feel it's more roomy.

Did they separate each house on an actual 1024 sqm plot?  Even if the demo area has more space between homes, if the plot sizes are real, then that at least helps in visualizing plot space outside the home.

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Did they separate each house on an actual 1024 sqm plot?  Even if the demo area has more space between homes, if the plot sizes are real, then that at least helps in visualizing plot space outside the home.

All of the homes I saw there were on 1024 sqm plots.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Did they separate each house on an actual 1024 sqm plot?

About land says the plots are 1024sqm the standalone water homes have boundary marker posts on each corner, the beach and pier lots have boundary marker posts on the corners extending in to the water which may help keeping everything inside the plot

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It may be a bit early, but if you're starting to collect furniture for the stilt houses, it's worth visiting Trompe L'Oeil for their current Stay At Home Club gift (free). Note that the Trompe gifts change so these may not be available in a couple of weeks. As ever with their chairs, many different patterns and colors are included; both styles include fabric and leather options, with lots of PG animations.

trompe.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

I went to see these at SL17B today and I really like them. They combine the best of the Traditionals and the Houseboats. I think I like the open plan one best (Tortuga?). There are some nice touches; I like how the exterior paintwork is a bit shabby, and the sand blown to the edges of the roads is a nice touch.

I hope the Moles put wandering alligators in...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

My first impression of the landscaping on the demo region was that it was really sparse and uninteresting, but a second visit corrected that.  Using sand mounds/dunes, they've created opportunities for little dells where plants cluster, as in RL.  And tide pools.  And the plants!  I would happily own all the plants, particularly that twisty, knotty tree and the bearded palm.  Also the flowers and bright-foliaged plants, all reasonably low-LI.

The beach signs are cute, but I'm happy for them to be a mole-only thang.  I want a set of stairs that match those already on the houses, and ALL the plants!  Lol.

For me, I love the homes that are half beach/half water.  If  I could find one with good privacy, I'd park a Tortuga there and be delightipated.  (Btw, I measured a couple of Tortugas on their parcels, and both had 5M on the side of their decks for a boat to sit.  The boats I own will fit comfortably in that, tho aficionados of HUGE yachts will probably choose another style home.)

• Like 3

I'm still not quite sure if I like them or not. 😆 I dislike the ones standing somewhere in the ocean all by themselves without a way to walk in. I like the ones without the stairs best - Where you can walk in right from the pier. And if it's back is facing the open ocean I'm definitely down for it. 😅 But I guess getting one of those will be one tough act...
I like the landscaping and all the little details like the sand on the streets, the signs, the bar, and some shells here and there. LOVE LOVE LOVE the sounds! Seagulls, Parrots, Waves and Birds... 😍🥰 🥰 🥰 I could just sit there listening to this for hours. (i still think they should add some of the ambient sounds to the traditional areas as well..)

Edited by Chuckey Jigsaw
added something
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

Unpopular opinion: They look like already existing Linden Homes, but just put on stilts in the ocean.

I think we can all agree with you at some point. Is it because most houses in North America looks like the Traditionals, Victorians and Stilt houses? They have the same wood outside, the windows are different but not very much.

I live in a small town, when I look out of my window, I see houses built 100-150 years ago that has some similarity to Victorians. After WW2, the big gardens were cut in 2 to build houses that can be compared to Traditionals. I live in a 1956 house.

The stilt houses I found in Google look much like the SL Stilt houses.

I miss urban/modern in concrete, brick, raw wood and modern windows. I wanted to see that theme a long time ago. We know nothing about new themes. If LL should "balance" it, both new themes should be that. But LL does not reveal what it will be, maybe no urban theme at all.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Chuckey Jigsaw said:

I'm still not quite sure if I like them or not. 😆 I dislike the ones standing somewhere in the ocean all by themselves without a way to walk in. I like the ones without the stairs best - Where you can walk in right from the pier. And if it's back is facing the open ocean I'm definitely down for it. 😅 But I guess getting one of those will be one tough act...
I like the landscaping and all the little details like the sand on the streets, the signs, the bar, and some shells here and there. LOVE LOVE LOVE the sounds! Seagulls, Parrots, Waves and Birds... 😍🥰 🥰 🥰 I could just sit there listening to this for hours. (i still think they should add some of the ambient sounds to the traditional areas as well..)

I already plan to put alts in Premium, when we know the release date. Then keep the alt with the best Stilt house placement on a year with Premium and let the other(s) back to Basic.

The back facing the open ocean can "risk" to have Houseboat islands built in our backyard, lol. But I will risk it.

I like the "walk in from the pier" best myself. But if I get an ocean house in a great spot, I am taking it. I believe one of the first add-ons built will be small decks for the front of the houses standing in the ocean. Or I will make one for myself.

I like the all land and the half land/half water too, but the landscaping will have a lot to say. Jackpot would be half water with the back facing unobstructed view to the West?

Greedy, I am.

Edited by Marianne Little
spelling errors
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I think we can all agree with you at some point. Is it because most houses in North America looks like the Traditionals, Victorians and Stilt houses? They have the same wood outside, the windows are different but not very much.

I live in a small town, when I look out of my window, I see houses built 100-150 years ago that has some similarity to Victorians. After WW2, the big gardens were cut in 2 to build houses that can be compared to Traditionals. I live in a 1956 house.

The stilt houses I found in Google look much like the SL Stilt houses.

I miss urban/modern in concrete, brick, raw wood and modern windows. I wanted to see that theme a long time ago. We know nothing about new themes. If LL should "balance" it, both new themes should be that. But LL does not reveal what it will be, maybe no urban theme at all.

I know very little about how US houses look like. Where I am from houses look completely different. I was just a little unsatisfied, that something announced as "new" felt more like "more of the same" from an outsiders perspective. If someone wasn't in love with the Traditionals, they are unlikely to love the Stilt houses.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

I know very little about how US houses look like. Where I am from houses look completely different. I was just a little unsatisfied, that something announced as "new" felt more like "more of the same" from an outsiders perspective. If someone wasn't in love with the Traditionals, they are unlikely to love the Stilt houses.

It is a certain similarity between the house themes, yes. I said it about the Victorians too, they look like upgraded Traditionals. I like the Traditionals, so I like Victorians and Stilt houses too. Even the Log houses have similarities to the others in the "family". But the Log landscaping are too dark for me.

So some get what they want. LL has not catered to all the wishes. Maybe we have so many tastes and so much diversity that it is impossible to make a theme for everyone.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

If someone wasn't in love with the Traditionals, they are unlikely to love the Stilt houses.

I don't think that's necessarily true. I don't like the traditionals but I love the Stilt homes (that's not to say I  don't think the Moles did a terrific job, particularly with the landscaping, just not my personal preference). The traditionals didn't appeal to me because they felt too cramped inside, too many small rooms. But the stilt homes have much of what I like - long windows (depending on style), and open plan feel. I think even the outside looks nicer.

I agree, they do have an aspect of 'more of the same' because there are stylistic similarities (wood siding, sloped roofs and other bits). Going by what was released before that did have me wondering if there would not be any radically different homes coming up, and I guess the stilt homes aren't in that sense. But I love the feel of the theme.

But Patch did say that the first generation themes have not been forgotton - so maybe there's be something very different amongst the next 4/5 themes that give a similar theme to the old elderglen etc.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.