NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Soft launch of SL17B in progress today (SL17B group members only).  Patch has posted a pic of him at a music venue, possibly in the dry rock region of Awesome, where a hella good party looks like its in progress right now.  Inworld chat says the moles are partying there.

Enchant is still not connected to SL17B.  However, an interesting detail: I noticed yesterday that the water regions all around SL17B's edges seem to have been put in place to make nice little shorelines on the resident build regions.  EXCEPT: for 3 edges of Captivate, Exhilarate, and Incredible, which look sheer.  Those edges could be finished nicely should Enchant decide to slide 3 regions east of where it is now.

ETA: zipped in and I see those edges are all already rimmed with (unlinked) stone walls, ala Log Homes.  Hard to say what, if anything, will happen next there!

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I am inside the SL17B area .... where do you think the new theme might be (added) ???

PS: There is a "LH Demo area" but so far I only saw some TENTS there! ;)

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SL17B Exhilarate/8/131/24

image.thumb.jpeg.13d77e3256282124f1786bacc6f3e367.jpeg

There is also a group of very tiny campers .... wonder what THAT is supposed to be

image.thumb.jpeg.2564e60661a4eaf21e05024294a3e7db.jpeg

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I was riding a pod which crashed into a wall in Incredible trying to enter Enchant (which isn't there) so I presume when that turns up it will contain new homes.

Note in group said they were working on getting it up.  Mainly because or your issue LOL.   

• Like 3

Well, SL17B's theme this year is “vacations and road trips”, which does explain the tiny campers, etc..  I'm not sure that would extend to a new Linden Home theme - we'll just have to see.  Maybe tomorrow, maybe Tuesday.

The builds have a 'theme park' feel to them, from the dinosaur park to the monorail to the LogLand landscaping, as well as a lot of the resident exhibits. 

• Like 3

I took dumping people at the tents as a joke (you're camping out waiting for the new region to appear). I wouldn't assume that the other regions have anything to do with the new theme or that they are secretly clues. The Linden Homes demo is part of the birthday, not the whole birthday.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

OK...are there any other Linden homes called "Chesapeake"? Cause a store that sells Linden Home add-ons is at the Shop and Hop, and they have an addition for a home called "Chesapeake"...

The exhibitors and merchants don't know anything secret about new themes... anything for sale is for an existing house. Trust me on not everything being a clue. The stuff other residents have done is simply down to the summer holidays theme of the event.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

OK...are there any other Linden homes called "Chesapeake"? Cause a store that sells Linden Home add-ons is at the Shop and Hop, and they have an addition for a home called "Chesapeake"...

Since there is already a camper model named "Chesapeake", I doubt that any new theme would also use that name. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

Chesapeake is a camper/trailer, not a home. Been around quite awhile now :D.    

• Like 3

I have to agree that the "tent" area must be the entry to the Belli houses.   I am not expecting a new "theme" but perhaps more than one new house to be added to the mailboxes with the older themes. Easy to plunk down the region, take out a piece of wall and let people come see. It could of course have ALL the houses and versions and not just the new one(s).  

The red dot on the sign says "you are here" and to the right left is the empty water awaiting the "demo area" :D.  

image.thumb.png.9bcfdd545a587b1b5661fe35bf1a9016.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
oops
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I am inside the SL17B area .... where do you think the new theme might be (added) ???

PS: There is a "LH Demo area" but so far I only saw some TENTS there! ;)

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SL17B Exhilarate/8/131/24

image.thumb.jpeg.13d77e3256282124f1786bacc6f3e367.jpeg

There is also a group of very tiny campers .... wonder what THAT is supposed to be

image.thumb.jpeg.2564e60661a4eaf21e05024294a3e7db.jpeg

Maybe the tiny campers and tents are the next Premium gift? ;)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

I have to agree that the "tent" area must be the entry to the Belli houses.   I am not expecting a new "theme" but perhaps more than one new house to be added to the mailboxes with the older themes. Easy to plunk down the region, take out a piece of wall and let people come see. It could of course have ALL the houses and versions and not just the new one(s).  

The red dot on the sign says "you are here" and to the right left is the empty water awaiting the "demo area" :D.  

I would like more houses in the mailboxes, but I can not believe this is it. Did not Patch say they are in no hurry, and maybe 2021?

Plus, they should really use the same windows/doors/trim as the existing ones when/if they put more in the mailboxes.. I think this one would be like a swan with the sparrows if they dress up a new house/houses and put it with the more modest Traditionals. This looks like a new theme.

I believe beach/vacation houses.

I do not want another 512 theme, but I can't always get what I want. Maybe LL uses "vacation" themes for the 512's.

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I would like more houses in the mailboxes, but I can not believe this is it. Did not Patch say they are in no hurry, and maybe 2021?

Plus, they should really use the same windows/doors/trim as the existing ones when/if they put more in the mailboxes.. I think this one would be like a swan with the sparrows if they dress up a new house/houses and put it with the more modest Traditionals. This looks like a new theme.

I believe beach/vacation houses.

I do not want another 512 theme, but I can't always get what I want. Maybe LL uses "vacation" themes for the 512's.

Oh god a 512 would be a RAGING dissapointment!

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.