Deploys for the week commencing 15th June?

Aishagain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, Main Server is being rolled as I type.  But to what?

C'mon LL, tell us what is happening, OK we can surmise that it is what was rolled to the RC channels last week... but why are you keeping us in the dark as to what is actually being rolled to the bulk of SL?

It is long overdue that you begin being more open with your users.

• Thanks 1

On Main chanel we have got : the RC-Version of last Week: https://releasenotes.secondlife.com/simulator/2020-06-05T19%3A36%3A41.543337.html  .

2020-06-05T19:36:41.543337

Thursday, June 11, 2020

Release Notes

This release includes work in the simulators to eventually allow per-region values for Shout, Say, and Whisper distances. NOTE: Currently these values are read only, and can be accessed via the Sim Console.

Resolved Issues

• SL-13391 Allow Residents read-only access to chat range console variable.
  • SL-13323 Chat range changes should only impact chat on channel 0
  • BUG-228712 Constant CLICK_ACTION_DISABLED does not exist.
  • BUG-228722 [simulator] ParcelInfoReply's OwnerID field is useless without 'is group owned' flag
  • SL-13159 Console parameters to set region chat ranges.

What´s coming next on the RC´s only the Lindens know. 

It would be nice if they would wake up and post it to here or that Forum is losing more and more sense and credibility.  Enclosed it would also have been nice to add new commands to the wiki and to mark them clearly so that they can be recognized and used.

Edited by Miller Thor
  • Thanks 2

Thankyou @Miller Thor for the information.  It is a shame that LL cannot be bothered to update this thread in a timely fashion.  In truth the only information available to the users has been what was clearly (as you yourself pointed out) an automated notice on the Status Page.

This is a perennial debate and will undoubtedly result in folk bleating about how we Europeans have "entitlement" issues.  As a Premium user (x2 as it happens), I consider that I AM entitled to better customer service than that which is provided by LL.

Am I to believe that LL consider timely communication with their customers so uninmportant that it is casually forgotten far too often?  Or is it that LL simply could not care less about its userbase?

I have tried not to think the latter but it is hard not to give credit to the former.

Edited by Aishagain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is not only this forum that is slowly but surely becoming more senseless and unbelievable, but also some posts at the grid status. I can still remember very well how, before a holiday, the user was made aware that it is a holiday and that the employees spend the day with their families and are therefore not here. Everyone understood it and even wished happy holidays. Today even public holidays are given as maintenance work only because Linden has become too lazy to write a suitable text. They better turn the paying customer an A for an O and tell some unbelievable fairy tales. Nobody rips Lindens' head off if they're honest. On the contrary, it would give Linden the humanity and credibility they had when I started SL in 2007.

Edited by Miller Thor
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.