Click the BOM button

NanR

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

18 answers to this question

You shouldn't have to do that, that's for certain.

What's wrong? ... that's a guessing game.

First of all, the is another update to v5.1. This might already fix your issue. 

But I'm rather inclined to guess that the body doesn't really save the setting. Have you tried setting it up in a different region, for example? Are you perhaps still wearing a HUD for a body applier?

Edited by Lillith Hapmouche
  • Thanks 1

For Bakes on Mesh, you wear ONLY the 5.1 body and the HUD.  Do not wear the full body alpha.  Apply skin and clothing textures as you would with your old Classic avatar: Just right click them and choose Wear.  You can wear skin, tattoo, underwear, shirt, jacket, etc. layers...any of the old classic avatar texture layers.

If you have things that need to be put on with appliers, add the appropriate mesh body layer, e.g. Tattoo.

As an option, you can forgo wearing any textures via BOM and use the Lara body as a "traditional" mesh body, with all textures put on via appliers.  In this case, wear the full body alpha, and all the optional body layers...skin, tattoo, etc.

That's a very good question. I have been using that HUD for well over a year and there are still parts of it that I cannot figure out, like the entire Layers tab.  The BOM button seems erratic to me too.  Perhaps an instruction notecard would be helpful.

hello everyone who answered my question............

I've tried everything you said and nothing is working. I still have to click the BoM button on the 5.1 maitreya hud every time I log in or I'm all sparkly.

I updated maitreya from 5.0.1 to 5.1

Layers -- https://gyazo.com/18602bf5bd0b521a7c297b169e140151

I'm sure the solution is something simple but I seem to be missing it.

Please help

On 6/16/2020 at 1:06 AM, NanR said:

hello

I have a recently updated maitreya 5.0.2 avi that has BOM but why do I have to click the BOM button on the hud to  bake every time I login?

I believe this is happening because your viewer is crashing upon logout.  This is a very common and silent crash that you cannot see but it happens before the settings you have changed on your attachments have saved.  The attachments are the HUD and/or body in this case and when you login, the BoM setting you changed is back to what is was before you changed it.

The fix is to change turn on BoM as you have been doing and then detach both the HUD and the body.  This will force the setting to save.  Once you have done this you can put both back on again.  This workaround will work for any attachment where this happens in the future too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NanR said:

BUT....... I'm still wearing the 4.1. Does that make a difference?

The easy way to find out is to visit Maitreya's Redelivery terminal and get the v5.1 model.  I have no idea whether it will solve your problem, but it's the smart thing to do anyway.  I assume that they upgrade their product for a good reason.  The current version solved my own problem.

Got the 5.1 update yesterday. no difference. but the weird thing is 5.1 works perfectly on my alt with no problems at all. when I compared the two, nothing seemed different. Am I supposed to wear the 4.1 AND 5.1 ?

Lindal Kidd !!!

YES !!

YES !!

Thank youuuuu !!!!!

You fixed it !!

My problem was wearing two bodies, the 4.1 and 5.1 together. YOU fixed my problem. Thank you sooooo much !!!! 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.