#SLBareFaceChallenge 2020

mistika Magic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First one has the lashes I usually use(in the genus hud), but I removed the eyeliner and lip color. Really the only things I use on her. The skin is from Pumec so it already looks a bit done up.

Second one has the most scant lashes in the genus hud, which are probably the closest to natural ones i'm going to get.

And third has the normal everyday works(with makeup).

RitaC.thumb.png.3e3295312abd99f9114ac24fa41eabb7.png

RitaC2.png

RitaC3.thumb.png.bcde2ff853da91a171d85f76e322574e.png

Edited by RitaCallisto
  • Like 10

4 hours ago, EleanorsRigby said:

Well this seems fun! Here's me with the full rainbow face:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=a03a54f708f2dfe5Snapshot_082.thumb.png.40a81dd52aa8b6e8660698633c6d6277.png

And here is fresh faced. As you can see the freckles are part of the skin and not added to it.

Snapshot_083.thumb.png.d07c6d1e4eadfb4395f7328f540d38e8.png

I know this is a bare face topic but I do like the rainbow make-up.  It's so rich and lively, and behind the specs it has a touch of stained glass.  The fresh face one does sparkle though because of the eyes.

• Like 2

Someone I know very well, took part in this. She isn't on the forums and I thought it would be fitting to share her part in this, because I think, she did a great job. I hope that is okay. I'm a huge fan of this challenge and I think it's great to see all of your faces this way!

#SLBareFaceChallenge

• Like 12

15 hours ago, Orwar said:

You know the rules, we can't have anything fun around here. (IBTL!)

The reason I wrote what I did was mostly to mock the concept of 'feminists' being a singular entity; the original bare face challenge was meant to make the point that no one should tell women how they should look (I'm still wondering who does that, honestly). But when people then, just like in this thread, begin whinging about piercings or eyelashes, the whole thing just feels like one big contradiction; "Don't look like they want you to, you should look the way I want you to!". 

Many women use make-up not for others (i.e. 'men'), but because they themselves want to; it's just one of those things our species have been doing since prehistoric times. Whilst I personally don't use make-up in RL (except the occasional black nailpolish), my avis do, both the male and the female one - that's not to attract others, it's because I like that aesthetic. Most of my friends are genuine goths though, and they get furious when people try to tell them they wear too much make-up or too many piercings; it's just none of their darned business, it's their choice, and the whole idea with the punk movement (which the goth subculture sprung out of) was to give the middle finger to mainstream fashion, to allow the individual to be and express themselves in whichever way they want. 

So yes, I get a little bit mad when what was intended to be a 'fun challenge', which I have no issue participating in, turns into a judge-fest of whether people can or can't have eyelashes, brows or piercings. 

I'm going to remember that next time I start another topic! :D

All kidding aside, I really appreciate the discussing all of you are bringing and also thank you for addressing the reason why this challenge was originally created.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2020 at 8:44 AM, Orwar said:

784248863_BareFacedNeph.thumb.png.8c2723036ed8af3f5a64fe503efd25da.png

Neph wouldn't take her piercings out, because she frankly doesn't care about any 'rules' and isn't a fan of anyone trying to tell her what she should or shouldn't look like, whether it's feminists or the zhe phantom of zhe patriarchy. Just like Orwar, who couldn't care less about whether his appearance appeals to others or not - besides, they're both equally likely of knocking anyone, who believes themselves entitled to remark on their appearance, into the nearest body of water.

Love the green eyes!  Beautiful!

4 hours ago, JanuarySwan said:

I just wanted to say this is a lovely skin.   I can't usually find a good eyebrow that shows up for the lighter skins.  Good color!

Thank you!  It's a Gacha skin so it has a little bit of color but I didn't add anything else to the skin.  It's pretty bare-faced with just a little bit of eye drama that is on the skin itself.   A lot of Gacha skins are pre-painted; some slightly, some dramatically.  It's by Atomic for Catwa.  

But, yes, the eyebrows are difficult with light skins.  I use eyebrow add-ons as some of the blonde eyebrows you can't hardly even see.  This one does has nice eyebrow coloring to it.  

Edited by FairreLilette

Just wanted to add one other AV. I've never used her - I don't play a child in-world,  but I was curious about the Genus BabyFace head and a regular non-kid skin without any makeup or post processing. I put her details on the tagged Flickr post for this challenge.

303cf429f2ce450a5dc3438f50fffe04.jpg

• Like 12

Alright so, this was different... lmao. I haven't done one of these challenges since pre-mesh heads and it was far easier to do back then. I actually wear so much makeup these days you can see my blush if I take my makeup off, because I even wear makeup to hide it. So we'll just say I have naturally rosy cheeks or something :D So the list of things I did for this:

1. Removed my falsies

2. Took out my colored contacts

3. Took off my glasses... cause like all those teen makeover movies all she has to do is take off the glasses to look like a supermodel, right? XD

4. Went back to my natural hair color.

5. Washed off the face powder, ear tinter, lipstick, gloss, eyeliner, and eyeshadow.

6. Took out all my piercings.

7. Removed my tattoo, cause clearly its a stick-on.

8. Took off my other facial ornaments.

And thus, you have basic Kassie. Dun dun dun. My non-existent SL mom would be so proud, I almost look normal :o

Before/After:

BareFaceChallenge2020-1.thumb.jpg.74cee724444c8171f9ce1e2654a45815.jpg

• Like 6

On 6/14/2020 at 2:18 AM, Skell Dagger said:

Most mesh heads - like most people in real life - have eyelashes on them. Since eyelashes are something we are (almost) all born with, they are "part of your genetics" as per the original post.

Yeah pretty sure the Original image also has the basic lashes of the mesh head used on it. 😉

The 'no lashes' rule baffles me... like... to comply with it I'd have to make my avatar look extremely unnatural. And if 'looking natural' is still OK, then how can I violate it?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.