#SLBareFaceChallenge 2020

mistika Magic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Guys, come on. The post was just meant to be fun and chill, not a place to supervise who is wearing what or to be proud of "breaking the rules".

And as I already said on the first post, "If the enhancer is a part of your 'genetics', it is allowed". So, if your skin comes with lashes and all, don't worry about it and no need to explain why. If you want to keep some enhancers that you believe to be really important for your identity, then keep it too.

Just post and be happy, ok? :)

P.S.: Edited the first post to include that info and be more clear about it. I'm really sorry if it wasn't before.

Edited by mistika Magic
  • Like 7

My skin (at least its head applier, the original classic avatar skin probably has some) doesn't come with painted on eyelashes, because it was (for obvious reasons) already made with a mesh head in mind, so the lashes are an option on the head. But other than that: No make up or anything added and the most neutral light setting.

Snapshot_084.png

• Like 19

With Bakes on Mesh, many of us have decided to use tattoo layers to add the details that were included with so many of the old skins like painted on lashes, freckles, moles and so forth. I'd think it would be okay to include those as long as your face looks well scrubbed without any makeup? I personally have added many tattoo layers to reduce some of the makeup that comes painted on with my current skin. I look barer with my many tattoo layers than I do with just the skin, and since that plain skin doesn't represent who I want my avie to be I'm not posting a pic of her with all that blush and no freckles on her bare skin! :P 

My male alt however looks...super weird without make up (okay, weirder...depending on the viewpoint). I think the make up distracts from the fact, that he has neither eyebrows nor eyelashes. I'm never taking it off, usually.

Snapshot_086.jpg

Snapshot_085.jpg

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

My male alt however looks...super weird without make up (okay, weirder...depending on the viewpoint). I think the make up distracts from the fact, that he has neither eyebrows nor eyelashes. I'm never taking it off, usually.

Snapshot_086.jpg

Snapshot_085.jpg

The Plastik skins by Aikea Rieko are awesome.  Skell recently did a gorgeous picture using one of the skins. I bought some to experiment with. So far they need less makeup than I expected. I think your nice images show that. But, make up is so fun. Why else be a woman if you can't play with make up and clothes? And now guys are figuring out they too can play.

Well... there are are a couple of other ... 'reasons'.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

The Plastik skins by Aikea Rieko are awesome.  Skell recently did a gorgeous picture using one of the skins. I bought some to experiment with. So far they need less makeup than I expected. I think your nice images show that. But, make up is so fun. Why else be a woman if you can't play with make up and clothes? And now guys are figuring out they too can play.

Well... there are are a couple of other ... 'reasons'.

They are indeed awsome. Sadly they don't really work well with my female avatars face (I think I would need to alter the shape again). The make up I use in this picture came with the skin as several, additional HUDs, so that was a nice suprise.

Now that I've had a chance to get in world, here's my shots.

With my make up on. Note that all makeup is using BoM layers. I do not use any applied makeup these days. Well once in awhile I might use the HD eye shadow but it's rare.

2023988680_AppleFallCeramicHoneyPot_001.png.829772386ed1652e34f51388df15f18d.png

Now my freshly scrubbed look. In this pic I am using my skin details (remove blush, moles, freckles, remove dark from center of the lips, and brows) on tattoo layers. Big thank you to Linden Lab for bakes on mesh.  I have set my eye lashes to the smallest available on the hud as well.

489840369_AppleFallCeramicHoneyPot_002.png.3c94c478e70ab320ec81f8f7a117d0bd.png

And lastly, a pic of my face with just the skin.

563430348_AppleFallCeramicHoneyPot_003.png.5b53b3041af59562df72479e7d7d15bd.png

Welp, I think I like my freshly scrubbed look so much that I'm gonna just use it for a couple of days and give my face a break from makeup.

Edited by Blush Bravin
added brows to list of BoM layers
  • Like 13

On 6/14/2020 at 7:05 PM, mistika Magic said:

The post was just meant to be fun and chill, not a place to supervise who is wearing what or to be proud of "breaking the rules".

You know the rules, we can't have anything fun around here. (IBTL!)

The reason I wrote what I did was mostly to mock the concept of 'feminists' being a singular entity; the original bare face challenge was meant to make the point that no one should tell women how they should look (I'm still wondering who does that, honestly). But when people then, just like in this thread, begin whinging about piercings or eyelashes, the whole thing just feels like one big contradiction; "Don't look like they want you to, you should look the way I want you to!". 

Many women use make-up not for others (i.e. 'men'), but because they themselves want to; it's just one of those things our species have been doing since prehistoric times. Whilst I personally don't use make-up in RL (except the occasional black nailpolish), my avis do, both the male and the female one - that's not to attract others, it's because I like that aesthetic. Most of my friends are genuine goths though, and they get furious when people try to tell them they wear too much make-up or too many piercings; it's just none of their darned business, it's their choice, and the whole idea with the punk movement (which the goth subculture sprung out of) was to give the middle finger to mainstream fashion, to allow the individual to be and express themselves in whichever way they want. 

So yes, I get a little bit mad when what was intended to be a 'fun challenge', which I have no issue participating in, turns into a judge-fest of whether people can or can't have eyelashes, brows or piercings. 

• Like 6

On 6/14/2020 at 7:43 PM, Syo Emerald said:

Snapshot_086.jpg

Snapshot_085.jpg

Hello, future-husbando! ❤️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, xBaeBeex said:

Omg @Skell Dagger you're gorgeous!

*blushes*

.. i cant take part in this, all the women here look like models and i'd look like a potato

But... do you look like a 'natural' potato?

There is a standard joke that used to go around SL that even Santa Claus was buff. Some where I have a shirt for Christmas that has a buff Santa on it.

No matter what you look like, I suspect the majority of us won't be critical of your looks. But, you may have to deal with a jerk or two. SL has their share. But, wear the wrong political statement and the haters will climb all over you. My point being, looks are not all that controversial and most in these threads will consider anything less than the image of a Grecian Goddess a statement of character. Remember. No fear.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.