Jump to content
  • 0

Neighbor's objects music/sound heard on my land...


Noxec
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 131 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

..but his objects isn't on my land, they're on his. How does someone's music whose house is diagonal from my land reach me? Is there a way to not hear other ppls' objects going off? >.> it'll be extremely awkward to start playing romance music on ur own land.. and suddenly someone else starts playing baby shark or horror movie soundtrack.. yknow... interfering wit ur media O_O;;;;

weirdest part is... my kitchen/dining area should be closer to his land maybe..? but it's on the other end of my land that i could hear them... if my land aint haunted by his objects.. idk what is LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Have you clicked the option in About Land >> Sound on your parcel to restrict sounds to your own parcel?  That should have the effect of blocking sounds outside your parcel from coming in too.  I believe that option is checked by default on all Bellisseria parcels, but you or a previous owner may have unchecked it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
4 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Have you clicked the option in About Land >> Sound on your parcel to restrict sounds to your own parcel?  That should have the effect of blocking sounds outside your parcel from coming in too.  I believe that option is checked by default on all Bellisseria parcels, but you or a previous owner may have unchecked it.

I did this... and for a while I thought it worked.... and walk into the living room and suddenly.. NOPE. lol orz

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I suspect this is "Shared Media" instead of spatial audio. Maybe try changing the Preferences for "Sounds & Media", specifically disabling auto-play of streaming media, or even disabling Media sound altogether, and see if that works.

(If it does work, it's "ironic": I almost always have all PC audio turned off, and generally eschew Shared Media, too.)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I sympathize SO MUCH with this. Every once in a while a film can be heard playing near my houseboat. Nothing in my place has a media player, and I have right-clicked > edit nearly every piece of furniture, art, etc in my home to see if any contents contain an unwanted media file. The truly weird thing is that this audio from a film can be heard EVEN WHEN MY MASTER VOLUME CONTROL IS SWITCHED OFF. A friend wrote down the first spoken line of the film and googled it; it turns out to be the crappy 2014 film "Addicted." Hard to know then if a neighbor has this old dud on constant play, or if my home has been infected by a spurned lover. The film audio plays on different computers, different OS, and different viewers, so I know the problem is within SL (not a virus on one pc). My home has no media, no music, etc. I've tried unchecking the box "avatars on other parcels can see and chat with avatars on this parcel." The soundtrack can be heard other places in my region (not just within my home), which made me wonder if a mole had the film playing as an audio test while the region was being built, and forgot to switch it off. But... the audio is occasional, not constant. This leads me back to thinking it is a virus handed to me by a spoofer or someone whose advances I rejected. I just wish the sound would go away; I don't enjoy it nor do all the people who visit my home.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

My friend is having this problem on his land too. We check everything thoroughly. The sound is loudest in a back corner of his parcel but stops when off his parcel. He just got the place, doesn't have more than just his house and a box rezzed and it's neither of them. We did ctrl alt t to see if it was some invisible thing but to no avail. He made sure his parcel media settings weren't set up weird, too.

The only lead I had was when I hit the volume thing on my computer, it showed the name of what was playing, which was called "bandit" something by this person named Rebecca Rozen on Youtube. Doing an area search, there are a few boats nearby inworld with the name "bandit" in them but from what I could see nothing was playing media.

I'm letting it play rn, the longest it's consecutively gone (it's been intermittent) and it sounds like it's just auto-playing videos about boats related to the ones by Rebecca.

He's gonna try talking to Linden tomorrow about it. Has anyone else had any updates on their situations?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

In Firestorm, you can go to World/Show More/Beacons - put checkmark by Beacons, Sounds Sources, and Media Sources.

 

 

1746546124_Screenshot2021-07-17090427.png.89adbeb188df502f1b6d55fddf30cfcc.png

use World/Sound explorer to find the short, repeating sounds that might annoy you... you can zoom into sound sources and the beacons will help you.  Right-click the object emitting the sound and "More/More/Mute/Block"

media sources are a little harder to find.  At this point, in the "Beacons" floater, unclick "Sound Sources" so that you are only seeing beacons for media sources.  Then you have to cam around some.  You can mute media sources the same way as sound sources.

Example of a beacon...

932548536_Screenshot2021-07-17090545.thumb.png.c7700d50edb9abd4952e1219c4a0d8b5.png

In this case, I muted the fish, which was playing a repeating sound.

As for media, a starting hint is to generally look for your neighbor's TVs and such, using the beacons to help you.

 

Edited by sandi Mexicola
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 7/2/2020 at 1:52 AM, Waiomao said:

I sympathize SO MUCH with this. Every once in a while a film can be heard playing near my houseboat. Nothing in my place has a media player, and I have right-clicked > edit nearly every piece of furniture, art, etc in my home to see if any contents contain an unwanted media file. The truly weird thing is that this audio from a film can be heard EVEN WHEN MY MASTER VOLUME CONTROL IS SWITCHED OFF. A friend wrote down the first spoken line of the film and googled it; it turns out to be the crappy 2014 film "Addicted." Hard to know then if a neighbor has this old dud on constant play, or if my home has been infected by a spurned lover. The film audio plays on different computers, different OS, and different viewers, so I know the problem is within SL (not a virus on one pc). My home has no media, no music, etc. I've tried unchecking the box "avatars on other parcels can see and chat with avatars on this parcel." The soundtrack can be heard other places in my region (not just within my home), which made me wonder if a mole had the film playing as an audio test while the region was being built, and forgot to switch it off. But... the audio is occasional, not constant. This leads me back to thinking it is a virus handed to me by a spoofer or someone whose advances I rejected. I just wish the sound would go away; I don't enjoy it nor do all the people who visit my home.  

I'm currently having the same problem and it seems like this issue was over 4 years old already. I turned off the MASTER VOLUME and still the problem persists. How to resolve this issue, please? I freaked out for a while and thought I was hearing things! lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
4 hours ago, AndiAnneWolfe said:

I'm currently having the same problem and it seems like this issue was over 4 years old already. I turned off the MASTER VOLUME and still the problem persists. How to resolve this issue, please? I freaked out for a while and thought I was hearing things! lol

it's not the music it's media

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
7 hours ago, AndiAnneWolfe said:

I'm currently having the same problem and it seems like this issue was over 4 years old already. I turned off the MASTER VOLUME and still the problem persists. How to resolve this issue, please? I freaked out for a while and thought I was hearing things! lol

Read all of the posts above yours in this thread.  The question has been addressed several times. In particular, look at Sandi Mexicola's response >>> 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 131 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...