Neighbor's objects music/sound heard on my land...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

..but his objects isn't on my land, they're on his. How does someone's music whose house is diagonal from my land reach me? Is there a way to not hear other ppls' objects going off? >.> it'll be extremely awkward to start playing romance music on ur own land.. and suddenly someone else starts playing baby shark or horror movie soundtrack.. yknow... interfering wit ur media O_O;;;;

weirdest part is... my kitchen/dining area should be closer to his land maybe..? but it's on the other end of my land that i could hear them... if my land aint haunted by his objects.. idk what is LOL

6 answers to this question

Have you clicked the option in About Land >> Sound on your parcel to restrict sounds to your own parcel?  That should have the effect of blocking sounds outside your parcel from coming in too.  I believe that option is checked by default on all Bellisseria parcels, but you or a previous owner may have unchecked it.

4 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Have you clicked the option in About Land >> Sound on your parcel to restrict sounds to your own parcel?  That should have the effect of blocking sounds outside your parcel from coming in too.  I believe that option is checked by default on all Bellisseria parcels, but you or a previous owner may have unchecked it.

I did this... and for a while I thought it worked.... and walk into the living room and suddenly.. NOPE. lol orz

I suspect this is "Shared Media" instead of spatial audio. Maybe try changing the Preferences for "Sounds & Media", specifically disabling auto-play of streaming media, or even disabling Media sound altogether, and see if that works.

(If it does work, it's "ironic": I almost always have all PC audio turned off, and generally eschew Shared Media, too.)

• Like 1

I sympathize SO MUCH with this. Every once in a while a film can be heard playing near my houseboat. Nothing in my place has a media player, and I have right-clicked > edit nearly every piece of furniture, art, etc in my home to see if any contents contain an unwanted media file. The truly weird thing is that this audio from a film can be heard EVEN WHEN MY MASTER VOLUME CONTROL IS SWITCHED OFF. A friend wrote down the first spoken line of the film and googled it; it turns out to be the crappy 2014 film "Addicted." Hard to know then if a neighbor has this old dud on constant play, or if my home has been infected by a spurned lover. The film audio plays on different computers, different OS, and different viewers, so I know the problem is within SL (not a virus on one pc). My home has no media, no music, etc. I've tried unchecking the box "avatars on other parcels can see and chat with avatars on this parcel." The soundtrack can be heard other places in my region (not just within my home), which made me wonder if a mole had the film playing as an audio test while the region was being built, and forgot to switch it off. But... the audio is occasional, not constant. This leads me back to thinking it is a virus handed to me by a spoofer or someone whose advances I rejected. I just wish the sound would go away; I don't enjoy it nor do all the people who visit my home.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.