QveenEnvie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have made my clothing now what ? I'm not sure where to start, with rigging the clothing to the body so that it moves flawlessly with the avatar ! Like clothes you buy from marketplace. My question is where do I start and how do I rig the clothing so that it moves with the avatar without any pulling and tugging of the mesh ?

First of all you will need to get the Kits from each of the body designers you wish to rig for... once you have those then you can rig in any 3D program that will support rigging.. most in here use Avastar as it works well with Blender.  There are several Youtube videos out there to help with that.. and I know that Belleza includes a video in their kit.. So start with getting those kits.. you will have to contact the body creators and request the kit, as they are not available in any other way that I know of.

On 6/13/2020 at 4:28 AM, QveenEnvie said:

I have received the dev kits from the bodies I want to create for. My main problem is how to get the mesh to properly move with the body. 

seriously, consider getting avastar if you are using blender, or mayastar is using maya. if you have never rigged anything before it will help, especially when it comes to trouble shooting. If you go with avastar they have a whole section of guides on their website specifically for rigging, they also have an inworld group, and a discord channel for support. You will likely also find that dev kits are provided to you as blend files set up with rigs ready to open and be used with avastar, or you'll have dae files which really do benefit from using the dev kit manager in avastar. 

Edited by HunniHope
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.