Politically neutral alternatives to BLM?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I want to support racial equality, reduce instances of racial prejudice and generally live in a more accepting, safe inclusive world for everybody.

So I should support BLM right? Well, I don't think so.

BLM is a registered organization that openly describe themselves as subscribing to many elements of Marxism.

For example

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

From BLM Official Website - What we Believe

Supporting fundraisers for BLM also seem to subscribe to marxist ideology:-

We’re guided by a commitment to dismantle imperialism, capitalism, white-supremacy, patriarchy

From UKBLM - GoFundMe

I am not here to tell people if they should subscribe to Marxist principles or not, but I think it is not unreasonable to want to seek out a more neutral platform to support ending racial injustice.

I am looking for alternative charities to support that are more politically neutral. Can anyone help me on my quest? :)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

am  not sure what the point of your post is Extrude

wikipedia alone lists heaps of organisations dedicated to as you say "support racial equality, reduce instances of racial prejudice and generally live in a more accepting, safe inclusive world for everybody."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Anti-racist_organizations_in_the_United_States

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Mollymews said:

am  not sure what the point of your post is Extrude

wikipedia alone lists heaps of organisations dedicated to as you say "support racial equality, reduce instances of racial prejudice and generally live in a more accepting, safe inclusive world for everybody."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Anti-racist_organizations_in_the_United_States

You'd be suprised how long I spent searching and couldn't find anything! This page looks like quite a useful starting point, thank you

♥️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HolyHarlot said:

Wikipedia is probably the least reliable source out there, as demonstrated by this link

seems your objection is to wikipedia itself, rather than the organisations listed

can go thru the list tho, visit their websites, and see what they are about

start with this one from the list: https://www.naacpldf.org/ 

this anti-racist organisation has alumni from across the political spectrum. Including alumni nominated by various Republican Presidents to the Senate for judicial tenure, and also appointments to positions in their administrations

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

@Extrude Ragu  I suggested on the BLM thread that you donate to send Black kids to college. You agreed that was a good idea. It took me 2 seconds to find the website of the United Negro College Fund.

https://uncf.org/

I agree with this.  

But, also I think, for us little people who are not rich, to not forget to put money directly into a person's hands who needs it.  If you see a homeless person, don't give them money as you don't know if they are going to buy alcohol so buy them a lunch or dinner at the place you are at.  I like to donate in a hands on way, putting it directly in the hands but usually for food.  We have communities were I live that do this "hands on" kind of donating at Thanksgiving and Christmas-time too wherein we can donate food, toys or both.   So, look for something local in community where you can help with tangibles too to whomever may need it.  

There is also the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) for short you may want to look into and/or contact for advice on how to direct money into the hands you want it to go too.  

I will not be donating money to BLM.  I will only give my emotional support.  I only do hands on donating anyways.  I don't trust organized donating and never get involved with it.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

We have communities were I live that do this "hands on" kind of donating at Thanksgiving and Christmas-time too wherein we can donate food, toys or both.

Yes we have a toy donation program here for needy kids during the holidays.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2020 at 7:07 PM, Extrude Ragu said:

I want to support racial equality, reduce instances of racial prejudice and generally live in a more accepting, safe inclusive world for everybody.

BLM is a registered organization that openly describe themselves as subscribing to many elements of Marxism.

For example

From UKBLM - GoFundMe

I am not here to tell people if they should subscribe to Marxist principles or not, but I think it is not unreasonable to want to seek out a more neutral platform to support ending racial injustice.

I am looking for alternative charities to support that are more politically neutral. Can anyone help me on my quest? :)

In fact, BLM donates all of its money to a group called Share Blue, which exists to fund political campaigns. However, there is a different group called Black Lives Matter Foundation that's worth looking into. Every human being is valuable. As someone who is multi-racial and multi-ethnic, one need only look at the Balkan wars to know where identitarian conflicts lead. In fact, Rwanda now bans all identitarian political campaigning after its horrific genocide of the 1990s. 

Edited by mehllama
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, mehllama said:

In fact, BLM donates all of its money to a group called Share Blue, which exists to fund political campaigns. However, there is a different group called Black Lives Matter Foundation that's worth looking into. 

Google is your friend.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/jun/12/ryan-fournier/conservative-pundits-share-false-claim-about-black/ 

• Like 3

On 6/12/2020 at 8:07 PM, Extrude Ragu said:

For example

From UKBLM - GoFundMe

I think NAACP is the least politicized and most respected of these organizations. Also, I think you can't go wrong donating to Legal Aid Society which helps more people directly in the courts than ACLU, which tends to do "impact litigation" and is more politicized.

• Lindens

Hello! 

This topic seemed to have gotten off topic so we're going to lock it. 

Please remember in the future to treat others with respect and follow our community standards when posting and replying on the Forums. 

You may review our Community Posting Guidelines here:

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/403538-community-participation-guidelines/

Thank you,

Obi Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.