Map Rights Via Website

Mark Aji

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1406 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all. I've heard that, if you are given map rights in game. People can log into the website and see where you are via the map. I thought this was only available if the person who was given the rights was online - INGAME. However that seems to not be the case. I was told you could click on their name via the website and a menu pops up to see where they are. I can't seem to get this to work on the site via windows or IOS cell phone browser. Can anyone shed some light here? This isn't a privacy issue. I want the person to have map rights. I'm just curious about how they use the Sl site to access it and I can't seem to get the menu to pop up.    

Thanks so much for your time. It's much appreciated.

If a contact gives you map rights you can log in to the website and see where they are under the Friends section of your Dashboard (click the 'Home' tab under your name on the Dashboard, then scroll down to the 'Friends' header). If you don't have map rights then all you will see is 'online' beside their name. If you do have map rights their name will be a link, and you can hover over it to see which region they're in plus the X and Y co-ordinates. You don't need to be logged inworld to see where they are.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Mark Aji said:

Hi all. I've heard that, if you are given map rights in game. People can log into the website and see where you are via the map. I thought this was only available if the person who was given the rights was online - INGAME. However that seems to not be the case. I was told you could click on their name via the website and a menu pops up to see where they are. I can't seem to get this to work on the site via windows or IOS cell phone browser. Can anyone shed some light here? This isn't a privacy issue. I want the person to have map rights. I'm just curious about how they use the Sl site to access it and I can't seem to get the menu to pop up.    

Thanks so much for your time. It's much appreciated.

It's been ages since I bothered with it but I seem to remember if the person who has given you permission to find them on the map is online, you click their name on your dashboard friends and the viewer opens to log you in to that location.  

22 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

What @Skell Dagger is correct. I'd add, though, that this is not fool-proof. Sometimes you won't be able to see where they are, and my best guess for that is that they are mid-TP at the moment you click. 

it could be a mid tp thing, but im not sure it could also be a rlv thing if they have their location blocked from them seeing it maybe the server wont respond with it either.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1406 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.