Jump to content

What are some more of your pet peeves?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A bit more than a peeve but having to say goodbye to a furball when you know it's the right thing but the worst decision to have to make.  He has gone to chase balls in the clouds on a walk with Ki no

I don't think that's a metaphor, but whether or not it is, I think you could have found a better way to express yourself. 

Posted Images

Another pet peeve - soil on mushrooms ☹️

Why can't the mushroom farmer clean it? You wouldn't expect a car dealer to sell a brand new car with bird poo all over the windscreen ☹️ Why does the mushroom customer have to clean it off??

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

You wouldn't expect a car dealer to sell a brand new car with bird poo all over the windscreen ☹️ 

It might add value to a Skoda. 

(Sorry, I just love Skoda jokes. I also love Skoda drivers. I was in a terrible traffic jam once and a car managed to pass me very slowly...and the people inside leaned out and shouted, "Haha, we overtook you and we're in a Skoda!")

ETA: Obviously, though, nothing is greater than a Reliant Robin. There's one not too far from where I live and it always makes my day when I see it out and about.

Edited by Amina Sopwith
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

My best GF has a modern Skoda Rapid "Spaceback Monte Carlo" lol! 
It's fire engine red and a very very cool little car :)
Moon roof, mags etc.
I like them. 8^)

My RL peeve is my precious metals supplier has "rebranded" and casting granules
of all metals have gone up in price by about %20. 🤨🤑🤬

Scumbagz 😠

 

Rapid_Spaceback_Monte_Carlo_001-1440x960.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

Another pet peeve - soil on mushrooms ☹️

Why can't the mushroom farmer clean it? You wouldn't expect a car dealer to sell a brand new car with bird poo all over the windscreen ☹️ Why does the mushroom customer have to clean it off??

I'm gonna take a wildassedguess at this. Mushrooms and water don't mix well, especially for storage. So you can't wash mushrooms and then package them up for sale in stores. Dry mushrooms are pretty delicate. I'm imagining they are either lightly brushed or shot with air. I did try to find a quick answer to this but while I could find instruction on growing mushrooms I couldn't find what I was looking for after they are cut and before they end up at your store.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Peeve: Peeve thread being moved off of page one? That is a bridge too far!

Peeve: Not that I thought there was to be more said in a certain thread, but it got closed for going off topic and after five pages with granted a TAD of off topic, it was one of the more consistently on topic threads I've seen for a while. Weird.

Not a peeve but a LOL: Apparently I picked up a peeved up little noob, who is now following me around, visiting my profile page and hitting the confused reaction on my posts. :D Yeah, that'll show me. I've never had anything so mean ever done to me in the forums before. [yes punkin, that's sarcasm font]

I forget who it was who was missing the Swifty gifs. YW.  (I had more but they went over mb limit :*(    )

Taylor-Swift-Confused-WTF-Reaction-Gif.gif

 

TScan't be surprised.gif

Edited by Gatogateau
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Peeve: Peeve thread being moved off of page one? That is a bridge too far!

Peeve: Not that I thought there was to be more said in a certain thread, but it got closed for going off topic and after five pages with granted a TAD of off topic, it was one of the more consistently on topic threads I've seen for a while. Weird.

Not a peeve but a LOL: Apparently I picked up a peeved up little noob, who is now following me around, visiting my profile page and hitting the confused reaction on my posts. :D Yeah, that'll show me. I've never had anything so mean ever done to me in the forums before. [yes punkin, that's sarcasm font]

I forget who it was who was missing the Swifty gifs. YW.  (I had more but they went over mb limit :*(    )

Taylor-Swift-Confused-WTF-Reaction-Gif.gif

TScan't be surprised.gif

They removed a lot of the off topic posts about coloring huds before the lock.  The OP hadn't returned before they did, sadly.  But his confusion seems to be more about reality than you IMO.  Or he just likes your *****cat.  😉😂

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RowanMinx said:

But his confusion seems to be more about reality than you IMO.  Or he just likes your *****cat.  😉😂

/me nods sadly

I'm really devastated.

Oh, it is a "him"? Didn't know that. Now I'm even more devastated.

 

TS crying 2.gif

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RowanMinx said:

This should get censored too.

1.png

Don't make me break out the cats in latex again...

(On topic) because I know those really peeved you.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

/me nods sadly

I'm really devastated.

Oh, it is a "him"? Didn't know that. Now I'm even more devastated.

 

TS crying 2.gif

I have no idea to be honest.  The name is a little ambiguous.

Eta:  yes, wouldn't want to be off topic.  Let's see...peeve of the day...ambiguous names?

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

I have no idea to be honest.  The name is a little ambiguous.

If I typed how I think said person is posting and behaving, Scylla would be after me for feeding into misogynistic stereotypes. :) So I won't.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gatogateau said:

If I typed how I think said person is posting and behaving, Scylla would be after me for feeding into misogynistic stereotypes. :) So I won't.

Kitties get a free pass on that sort of thing.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Kitties get a free pass on that sort of thing.

/me facepalms and realizes that there were posts some months ago that had I known this largess I would have typed as the kitteh and not Seicher

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gatogateau said:

/me facepalms and realizes that there were posts some months ago that had I known this largess I would have typed as the kitteh and not Seicher

Alternatively, just add some ears and a cute nose and tail to Seicher.

Oh, and lick my boots.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Alternatively, just add some ears and a cute nose and tail to Seicher.

Oh, and lick my boots.

You mean like this?  And, "Yes, Mistress."

 

neko sr.png

original_5ada9af6d774f8575b000001.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, that's pretty adorable.

On topic pet peeve: people who use the slightest hint from me to completely and thoroughly out-cute me.

Well, gosh, it ain't hard when the bar is set so low. I mean mew.

64642aaf3ab32a26272c6e0357586ae9.gif

ETA: See thread in "lifestyle & relationship" subforum "misunderstandings" about how humor can backfire...

Edited by Gatogateau
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Peeve: shape makers who do not know how to take their vendor photo without the viewer lens distortion. If you don’t know that as a basic, how exactly are you making shapes without that same distorted view as you customize them? They’d all look terrible. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...