What are some more of your pet peeves?

3 hours ago, NikolaosSakamoto said:

Huh.  wasn't talking about you, so i had to look back.

Nothing about this topic indicated your fetishes.  this is a general, non adult forum and place.  Instead of me not clicking.. random.. non adult.. general topic... you maybe keep your fetishes out of this general place?  Yes, people DO owe basic respect.  That's literally a BDSM commandment.  Kink without consent is the antithesis of the scene.  What indication was there to avoid this?  Where is your kink allowed here?  Was I supposed to stay out of a very generic, front facing forum where all are encouraged to be, or was it your responsibility to keep it to scene places?

You don't belong if you can't observe the basic rules of consent.  Yes, you.  You, Derpanherpa Herpfold, I am now talking directly to you.  I wasn't before and you thought I was, and now I am.  Keep your kinks to the places they belong.  There is no scene without enthusiastic consent from all involved.  You are part of the problem.  You make those in the scene look bad.  You're an embarrassment.

People shouldn't have to "ignore" you.  It's on you to be aware of consent.

No I dont owe you anything at all. You do not get to decide how I act around you or what I can do around you or tell me ever. If you dont like it then block it or derender it in world. If you dont like it here in the forums then block the user who makes the posts. If you dont it is your own fault for not using the powers that ll gave you to do so.

I dont owe you any respect or anything ever. No one does. You are not special at all. You are not entitled to anything at all that you think or claim you are and never will be. I dont have to couch my words here just because you dont like what is said or how it is said or where it is said. You are not in control over me or anyone else here and never will be. You are not my Dom/Master. You have no right to tell me how to act at all or what I can say or cannot say ever.

So why dont you just get over yourself. Get off your high horse and stop thinking that others have to care what you like or dont. For no one does or ever will have too.

People are allowed to talk about any topic they want here in the forums as long as it fits within the forum guidelines or has not been specifically told otherwise by the admins. It is not your place or anyone elses to tell anyone what they can or cannot say or where ever.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A bit more than a peeve but having to say goodbye to a furball when you know it's the right thing but the worst decision to have to make.  He has gone to chase balls in the clouds on a walk with Ki no

I don't think that's a metaphor, but whether or not it is, I think you could have found a better way to express yourself. 

Back when I was a noob, we didn't HAVE no fancy HUDs.  We just filled up our inventories with hundreds o' texture pants and tops with diffr'nt colors.  You youngsters are spoiled. And we walked t

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

One of my pet eye rolls as a virtual submissive, is pseudo submissives who would be more honest if they hide their collars and uncover the chip on their shoulder. 

No one should have to hide their collars anywhere just because some person gets a little uncomfortable about it. I dont have a chip on my shoulder at all. If you think I do.. then you really dont know me.

Its because of all the people that think everyone else always has to hide their collars or not talk about kink near them or around them or in any specific section of the forums that people get ashamed of their kinks. that is just wrong on a fundamental basis. You should not ever have to be ashamed of your kink or hide it because of the fear of being judged by anyone else.

And im not a pseudo submissive. I am one. I am an owned pet. Have been for most of my time here in SL.

Just unlike most submissive I am not docile or helpless or powerless or fearful of saying my mind about anything I disagree with. In fact my owner perfers I do and not just keep secret about things. We have a relationship based upon trust and openness and communication and not just power or dominance.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

I do agree with you on the fact on not calling any wannabe dom/me or masta/mistress by any honorific they did not earn or negotiate for. I just laugh at those kinds of people now or snicker at their comments in world when they act that way. I read a profile and it says "must respond to me by calling me Goddess/Mistress" I usually make a snarky comment about it in chat to show them how silly they are being.

To which Arielle replied, with DD's remarks bolded:

3 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

One of my pet eye rolls as a virtual submissive, is pseudo submissive who would be more honest if they hide their collars and uncover the chip on their shoulder. 

I think you've hit one of my peeves @Arielle Popstar, and it isn't just in D/s land. While I roll my eyes at the whole "worship me, everyone, as I declare myself Master!" on people's profile, or tags above their head, that's one thing. That person isn't doing anything to me, and there is no One True Way to do D/s. To go out of one's way to make a snarky comment about someone in chat to show people how "silly" they are being is actually a very good way to show people how much of a douche bag *you* are. There's no reason to call out people like that. It is being a troll, and I can guarantee it makes EVERYONE in the chat uncomfortable. This isn't just a peeve about D/s, I've seen it happen in other chats. Just random snark for no *good* reason.

I agree with Arielle about the apparent chip on the shoulder of people who feel the need to go about dissing others just to be an asshat. Self-reflection would be excellent but unlikely.

If someone has a truly offensive, violating TOS profile, I let LL know, not the general chat. I also don't confront the person in IM, that's just asking for a headache.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

BDSM without consent isn't cool, but to say seeing someone wearing a collar is involving you in their kink is a bit much.

Agreed, that seems like saying that seeing someone wearing a wedding ring is involving you in their marriage. I did actually hear a wedding ring complaint once, from a bible thumper who saw them on a gay couple.

• Like 7
25 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

To which Arielle replied, with DD's remarks bolded:

I think you've hit one of my peeves @Arielle Popstar, and it isn't just in D/s land. While I roll my eyes at the whole "worship me, everyone, as I declare myself Master!" on people's profile, or tags above their head, that's one thing. That person isn't doing anything to me, and there is no One True Way to do D/s. To go out of one's way to make a snarky comment about someone in chat to show people how "silly" they are being is actually a very good way to show people how much of a douche bag *you* are. There's no reason to call out people like that. It is being a troll, and I can guarantee it makes EVERYONE in the chat uncomfortable. This isn't just a peeve about D/s, I've seen it happen in other chats. Just random snark for no *good* reason.

I agree with Arielle about the apparent chip on the shoulder of people who feel the need to go about dissing others just to be an asshat. Self-reflection would be excellent but unlikely.

If someone has a truly offensive, violating TOS profile, I let LL know, not the general chat. I also don't confront the person in IM, that's just asking for a headache.

See, that is where I am different. I don't have a problem calling anyone out about anything I disagree with.. If they get upset.. well that is there problem not mine.

If people want to call me an asshat over it. That's fine too. I don't really have to care about that. I'm not thin skinned like some people are.

I don't get easily shamed or embarrassed about things. I'm old enough to not let such trivial things really affect me. Especially in some online forum or vr platform.

3 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

This is a response to you and a few of the other comments so far regarding: keep the kink out.

I understood the original comment to be about kink in non-BDSM places (not all Adult regions are BDSM). I have to agree, mostly. There's nothing wrong with wearing a collar in other regions, including General. Cages, as have been mentioned, usually aren't in such places, but cages themselves are not adult and can be part of other role play in SL. Leashes, gags, bondage... yes. I see people with those in shopping areas. The last one was Uber. Just... no. That's like going to your local park in real life doing the same thing.

Discussions? Hm. Depends on the discussion.

I honestly do not know if Nikolaus is referring to the joking around Scylla and I have done every so often (the last about her boots... :) ). I *suppose* that could be considered inappropriate, but geez, get a life. General descriptions, like Nikolaus started here (kind of ironically), and the conversation that is resulting, again I *suppose* that could be considered inappropriate, but again, geez, get a life. But this is a general discussion forum, where "anything goes" and we've seen politics, race relations, and gawd knows what else discussed, and a general discussion about general aspects of BDSM is not out of line, in my opinion. There's always the scroll feature on your mouse.

If you are on an adult, BDSM region, it helps to know the regions rules. Some regions do have rules that all dominants are to be called by honorifics and all subs are not allowed to sit on furniture but have to use floor cushions, etc. I personally try to avoid such places, but sometimes they are holding a group discussion that I'm interested in and so, yup, I abide by the rules. (I also try to skirt them by not addressing someone specifically, so avoiding honorifics, and by standing off to the side. I'm not a sub to the grid.)

BDSM without consent isn't cool, but to say seeing someone wearing a collar is involving you in their kink is a bit much. In real life I often see people with collars, and I'll bet in 90% of the instances that collar is nothing more than a piece of jewelry.  I saw a hilarious photo of someone in a full latex outfit and a face mask going grocery shopping (the latex being a type of protective clothing in this instance). Sometimes people just have to stop trying so hard to be offended. You'll wear out your pearls if you keep clutching them so hard.

Yep. As I'm sure you know already, I agree with everything you say here pretty much 100%.

All of the BDSMers I know personally -- and I know a surprisingly (to me) large number -- are, without exception, thoughtful, well-informed, respectful of others, and considerate. I wouldn't need to tell them this because they already get it, probably better than I do. I am very good friends with one Domme who has told me she won't take her subs out to public, non-BDSM places in restraints for precisely this reason. I have absolutely no issues whatsoever with 95% of the kinksters I meet in-world.

An interesting exception to my own objections was a lovely sub I met in-world about a year ago or so. She insists upon calling me "Mistress Scylla." It made me terribly uncomfortable at first, but she's such a sweetheart that I decided I'd rather deal with my own discomfort than confront her about it. So "Mistress Scylla" I remain to her. And that represents an important distinction: my comments were about a community, but I respond to individuals as individuals. There is no way I'm going to get shirty on principle with someone I like and admire. (My great joy with her is making her giggle.)

BTW I bought new boots the other day.

Just sayin'.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

See, that is where I am different. I don't have a problem calling anyone out about anything I disagree with.. If they get upset.. well that is there problem not mine.

If people want to call me an asshat over it. That's fine too. I don't really have to care about that. I'm not thin skinned like some people are.

I don't get easily shamed or embarrassed about things. I'm old enough to not let such trivial things really affect me. Especially in some online forum or vr platform.

Which is why I have you on block. You're a troll and proud of it. Cool. My problem? Solved.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Which is why I have you on block. You're a troll and proud of it. Cool. My problem? Solved.

Lol.. block me if it makes you feel better.. it doesn't hurt my feelings at all. That's what it is there for.

When people don't use it. That's their choice and problem if they get upset about what is said.

I feel very protective of those who have been oppressed due to sexual preferences, be it in RL or SL.

However, when that guy made a big production out of bragging about getting off on roasting, grinding up, and eating women....I felt frightened. I feel there should be some limits on discussion of kinks on the forum.

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

I feel very protective of those who have been oppressed due to sexual preferences, be it in RL or SL.

However, when that guy made a big production out of bragging about getting off on roasting, grinding up, and eating women....I felt frightened. I feel there should be some limits on discussion of kinks on the forum.

Eh.. a dolcett.. snuff.. post.. eh that's light stuff compared to what you really can be exposed to in world on some sims.

Censorship of any kind about any topic is not good at all.

4 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:
8 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Eh.. a dolcett.. snuff.. post.. eh that's light stuff compared to what you really can be exposed to in world on some sims.

Usually I don't agree with censorship, and I'm reluctant to insist that my fears should control anything...but I think as a society there's a general agreement to protect people from encountering experiences that could be too intense or frightening.  That's why we don't allow graphic sexual and violent images on the forum or in some public places.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Usually I don't agree with censorship, and I'm reluctant to insist that my fears should control anything...but I think as a society there's a general agreement to protect people from encountering experiences that could be too intense or frightening.  That's why we don't allow graphic sexual and violent images on the forum or in some public places.

That desire or need to protect is part of the problem with society and why people get hurt. Because they were protected and not warned or told about and talked to about how they feel about it.

Exposure with talking about how it makes someone feel is better than trying to censor it in order to protect.

13 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

I don't think it's about censorship. It's about being considerate of others. I can swear a Blue streak in public if I want without much fear of repercussion, but I don't and wouldn't because it would make others uncomfortable.

I have discussed Dolcett, vore, snuff, and similar topics here before. It is possible to do so without being so graphic that you are frightening or disgusting people.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

You do not get to decide how I act around you or what I can do around you or tell me ever.

I disagree. To pose my explanation in a question, do you associate with people who behave around you in a manner in which you don't like? If the answer is no then you are deciding how others can act around you. It's part of being human. All of us make decisions as to what is or isn't acceptable behavior in our presence. 

It's a bit of a stretch but if someone were to start beating up on another just because they can while you are present, would that be acceptable behavior to you? Would it be acceptable to you for someone to commit murder in your presence? I'm not asking for specific answers, just that you think about it a bit and maybe you will realize that all of us make decisions as to what is or isn't acceptable behavior in our presences.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 8
9 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Usually I don't agree with Luna, and I'm reluctant to, but, yep. I missed the snuff post. I don't understand why this would be a fun RP in SL, but hey, folks, you do you. However, graphic descriptions don't belong in the General Discussion. FFS, we can't even show a female nipple!

I've been raped IRL. I can discuss it in general terms. I don't really want to read someone's RP scenario in the GD. If they want to do that inworld, again...I shrug.

Without restraints and some kind of standards, a forum of any kind just will devolve into perverse graffiti in an alley in a bad part of town.

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I disagree. To pose my explanation in a question, do you associate with people who behave around you in a manner in which you don't like? If the answer is no then you are deciding how others can act around you. It's part of being human. All of us make decisions as to what is or isn't acceptable behavior in our presence. 

It's a bit of a stretch but if someone were to start beating up on another just because they can while you are present, would that be acceptable behavior to you? Would it be acceptable to you for someone to commit murder in your presence? I'm not asking for specific answers, just that you think about it a bit and maybe you will realize that all of us make decisions as to what is or isn't acceptable behavior in our presences.

What I mean is they don't get to tell me how to act or behave. It's not their choice about that. They do get to decide if they want to stay around me or not. That is their choice.

They also don't get to tell me to stop because they don't like it. If they don't like it they can move away.

Unless I specifically call out their name.. they are not part of anything I am doing. So have no say in it at all. Even then they really don't other than to block or move away.

11 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I don't think it's about censorship. It's about being considerate of others. I can swear a Blue streak in public if I want without much fear of repercussion, but I don't and wouldn't because it would make others uncomfortable.

I have discussed Dolcett, vore, snuff, and similar topics here before. It is possible to do so without being so graphic that you are frightening or disgusting people.

If people get frightened by what is being said in text.. they really should re-consider being online in any forum or chat interface.

It's just word's it has no power but what the reader gives them.

Which means it's the fault of the reader for getting scared or upset about it.

• Confused 1
12 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:
27 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

If people get frightened by what is being said in text.. they really should re-consider being online in any forum or chat interface.

Is it frightening to you that there are those who become sexually aroused by killing and eating women?  This gives me the shivers...

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

Is it frightening to you that there are those who become sexually aroused by killing and eating women?  This gives me the shivers...

No, it's not. Since it's just fantasy here in sl. You can't really be hurt here. Only if you take it seriously and internalize it.

Most of it is just sexual innuendo for other activities.

Most of the so called darker kinks are just sexual innuendo in what they are really meaning.

27 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

This would be somewhat true if the forum was "Dark Adult Role Play" but it isn't.

While on one hand, the reader assigns the power is true, on the other hand it is not.

The "fault" of the reader? This assumes that everyone reading is an adult, and has no issues whatsoever.  To utter that "words have no power" is foolish. Words have sent people to war, to protest, and to suicide. As someone with PTSD, I can say I have been triggered by random words in forums. Do I think everyone should censor themselves because of my PTSD? No. That's too much back-bending in the other direction. Do I think people should be aware that violent things can affect others? Yes. Do I think people, not just kids but adults as well, can be bullied by words? Threatened? Absolutely.

A forum is a social place. There are social rules and norms (and moderators) for a reason. There ARE places where one can say whatever they want... 4chan is one. To pretend that every forum is 4chan is foolish and trollish. To say "Eff you, I do what I want, when I want, how I want" is one of the prime red flags of antisocial personality disorder, not "edgy-ness".

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:
8 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

No, it's not. Since it's just fantasy here in sl. You can't really be hurt here. Only if you take it seriously and internalize it.

Most of it is just sexual innuendo for other activities.

Most of the so called darker kinks are just sexual innuendo in what they are really meaning.

I think if something is arousing in SL there's a greater chance this would also arouse them in RL.  Whether this means they'd actually attempt the action in RL is not totally clear, at least the last time I checked studies in the area of general violence in video games and how it translates to RL.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

Emotions are not some kind of "fault".  Most people experience reality with their objective mind AND their emotional self at the same time. For you to insist it can be only one way is a kind of illusion, and it's disrespectful for you to tell other people they should be exactly like you (or be deluded like you).

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I think if something is arousing in SL there's a greater chance this would also arouse them in RL.  Whether this means they'd actually attempt the action in RL is not totally clear, at least the last time I checked studies in the area of general violence in video games and how it translates to RL.

There is a major flaw in most of those studies.. they are already biased and looking for information to correlate with what the author is trying to prove. But doesn't make it true by any means.

Any study can be made to show something is true even if it is false.

Just because someone might fantasize about something doesn't mean they would ever do it in rl even if they had the chance without any repurcussions.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Emotions are not some kind of "fault".  Most people experience reality with their objective mind AND their emotional self at the same time. For you to insist it can be only one way is a kind of illusion, and it's disrespectful for you to tell other people they should be exactly like you (or be deluded like you).

If you read a book or watch a movie and get scared it is your fault. You choose to get scared.

Same goes with anything said online in any forum.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1