What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Oh, you may not be trying to be liked, but it's obvious why you're here, and it is actually far more needy and pathetic than if you were in fact trying to make friends, which is, after all, a pretty normal human thing to do.

I swear, no joke, until the other day I assumed you were barely out of puberty. The whole "nobody understands me, I am better than everyone, raar I'm a DRAGON" antagonism and contrived edginess is so adolescent, I honestly thought you couldn't be more than early 20s and not very mature for that (apologies to young posters, you're all awesome). But the other day you said you had been active on the internet for 30 years? So you're actually older than I am? And you talk like you stepped out of the teenage diaries I destroyed a few years ago because they were so embarrassing?

It's not big, it's not clever, it's not impressive. It's actually hateful. You clearly have issues but the world isn't your emotional punching bag. Grow up.

The world is what ever I choose it to be and no one tells me any different. Not you. Not anyone. Tough if you can't handle it.

You have no say in anything I do and never did or will. None of the forum regulars do.

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:
9 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

You clearly have issues but the world isn't your emotional punching bag. Grow up.

The world is what ever I choose it to be and no one tells me any different. Not you. Not anyone. Tough if you can't handle it.

What about the hurt and sensitive child inside you? Why do you get to control her?  You're not taking good care of her.  I don't think I like this...

Edited by Luna Bliss

14 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

There is turkey and pie to feed ourselves... and to figure out wtf to be thankful for in 2020.

I am thankful that this year I am able to celebrate Thanksgiving in the traditional fashion of my people. Sitting at my computer, in my underwear with Corona Light and Chinese takeout arguing with other idiots on the internet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

What about the hurt and sensitive child inside you? Why do you get to control her?  You're not taking good care of her.  I don't think I like this...

There is no sensitive child inside of me. She died ages ago because of people like those here on the forums.

I am what I am because it is what is left of me and I really don't care who doesn't like it.

No one here deserve any empathy from me. Or care or sympathy or forgiveness for their behaviors.

I don't expect it or want it from them either. I don't deal with fakes and posers..

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold

4 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:
8 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

There is no sensitive child inside of me. She died ages ago because of people like those here on the forums.

I am what I am because it is what is left of me and I really don't care who doesn't like it.

You revealed your DID a few months ago on this forum, and so you do have this other part of yourself that needs attention. You're not being a good protector because you've gone too far today, and this could hurt her.

* The people on this forum are not the ones who hurt you long ago. And what they're doing here isn't to the degree it was back then -- back then it was torture, yes, but here today it is mild obnoxiousness.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Thanks 1

I really do love gifs. I wrote a blog article about them not too long ago (and yeah, I'm grateful for them, they allow you to express so much while being too lazy to actually type). Since this is the peeve thread, I'm peeved that there were so many good ones and I could not decide which one to select to use as a response to @Amina Sopwith... so you can decide as I will post as many as the software allows.

tenor (4).gif

tenor (5).gif

tumblr_inline_okh5fePevf1rku3fs_500.gif

tumblr_lzrr2g5nI51r2jdrto1_400.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

You revealed your DID a few months ago on this forum, and so you do have this other part of yourself that needs attention. You're not being a good protector because you've gone too far today, and this could hurt her.

I am not the protector of the system.. do not equate me to that one ever. They are weak and pathetic, both of them...

1 minute ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:
4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I am not the protector of the system.. do not equate me to that one ever. They are weak and pathetic, both of them...

OK

What is your function?

3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

* The people on this forum are not the ones who hurt you long ago.

As loathe as I am to even read Luna's posts, this one showed up and darn it... Yes. This.

And, speaking from the choir? (Hm is that the right metaphor/analogy?) Mental illness is no excuse for being ugly and/or a troll. It just isn't, unless you're locked in a mental ward in which case you probably don't have access to the Internet anyway.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gatogateau said:

As loathe as I am to even read Luna's posts, this one showed up and darn it... Yes. This.

And, speaking from the choir? (Hm is that the right metaphor/analogy?) Mental illness is no excuse for being ugly and/or a troll. It just isn't, unless you're locked in a mental ward in which case you probably don't have access to the Internet anyway.

You nor anyone else get to decide that for me ever.

40 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Well, the unicorn stuff, by any of us, is just goofing around, and to see it otherwise is just a little too much knickers in a bunch whilst clutching a strand of pearls, etc.

HOWEVER, my botulism remark was meant mostly jokingly, too... but especially in light of what followed, yeah, no. The tone isn't right for a public forum at the moment. I deleted it. I would have deleted the remark without your comment, but thought I should acknowledge that you did comment.

As for the continuing bile that someone who is clearly off "her" meds is posting... par for the course. But man did she get all triggered a few pages back about how picked on she is. Go figger.

Its the way the thread was going and so my comment was simply a recognition of that as was Drakon's post. Reading of Skel's post I am not sure if he has been personally affected by a covid death so am a little confused as to whether I need to apologize for the dark humour intended in my own post. I am missing why the sudden need to freak out at Drakon's post specifically. I do hope he/she works out the bitterness at life that seems prevalent in many of the posts I see but that's for them to recognize and deal with should that path be chosen. I don't see it helping when a slew of posters do a pile on.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gatogateau said:

Peeve: This thread and @Jordan Whitt and @Silent Mistwalker in particular. The former for bringing it to my attention that one can have the desire to be a unicorn in order to stab (stupid) people (I think I'd branch out); the latter for bringing it to my attention that I could do this, sort of, by affixing a Bugle snack to my forehead.

I honestly can't get the image out of my head.

Yay!  I don't doubt that many times I have been someone's "peeve", but yay @ having it announced publicly!

Here is a new image for you.  I actually have a RL pic of me pretending to be a unicorn, but it wasn't a bugle snack I had attached to my forehead, but a certain *cough* "adult" item.  Sometimes I do miss drinking!

You also reminded me of the Supernatural episode where a unicorn actually DID go around stabbing people with its horn.

a7205df5da5b76837e07e73b2054bfe6.gif

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:
9 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

OK

What is your function?

My 'function' is not anyone's business.

Agreed, but you might think about that just for yourself.

I have to go to RL now, but I just want you to consider that when you go too far as you have today that it can hurt all of you, even if you yourself doesn't totally believe that at this moment.  It bothers others, and it can hurt you as well.  Go eat some pumpkin pie....

Mental illness is not an excuse or a pass to act like an asshat.

Period.

I will and have championed mental illness awareness, acceptance, whatever the pretty code words are, but it is a pet peeve of mine to see is used like a get out of jail free card for hate and hatefulness.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I don't see it helping when a slew of posters do a pile on.

When the rocks being thrown out are going in 360 degrees and hitting anyone and everyone, it is not a surprise that people pile on from all directions. Frankly, it seems to be the kind of attention that is wanted. This is happening in several threads.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

I really do love gifs. I wrote a blog article about them not too long ago (and yeah, I'm grateful for them, they allow you to express so much while being too lazy to actually type). Since this is the peeve thread, I'm peeved that there were so many good ones and I could not decide which one to select to use as a response to @Amina Sopwith... so you can decide as I will post as many as the software allows.

tenor (4).gif

tenor (5).gif

tumblr_inline_okh5fePevf1rku3fs_500.gif

tumblr_lzrr2g5nI51r2jdrto1_400.gif

The third one..that's it perfectly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Yay!  I don't doubt that many times I have been someone's "peeve", but yay @ having it announced publicly!

Here is a new image for you.  I actually have a RL pic of me pretending to be a unicorn, but it wasn't a bugle snack I had attached to my forehead, but a certain *cough* "adult" item.  Sometimes I do miss drinking!

You also reminded me of the Supernatural episode where a unicorn actually DID go around stabbing people with its horn.

a7205df5da5b76837e07e73b2054bfe6.gif

zomg. I love Supernatural!!!! That's my 2nd genre of go-to gifs! But, I'm blanking on the evil unicorn episode! Now I must google.

And, sigh, sure would have liked to have seen the RL "unicorn" pick you are describing.

2 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

When the rocks being thrown out are going in 360 degrees and hitting anyone and everyone, it is not a surprise that people pile on from all directions. Frankly, it seems to be the kind of attention that is wanted. This is happening in several threads.

Well then just remember to duck!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

zomg. I love Supernatural!!!! That's my 2nd genre of go-to gifs! But, I'm blanking on the evil unicorn episode! Now I must google.

And, sigh, sure would have liked to have seen the RL "unicorn" pick you are describing.

7.14 Plucky Pennywhistle's Magical Menagerie

In the episode, an employee of the chain, Howard, is using magic to kill children's parents with a manifestation of their children's fear. One man is killed when he is impaled by the horn of a unicorn with a rainbow shooting out of its ass.

As for the pic....noooo it's locked away with the topless one of me pretending to be an Xmas tree!

Edited by Jordan Whitt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.