What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's annoying when sellers name their items, usually no-mod so you can't even change it, with non-English words, ironically while typing in English. If you name something like "kimono shiro" (white kimono), if people didn't speak Japanese how in the world would they know what this item is? Is it that hard to name your items in English, especially since you're already typing in English anyways as inventory folders aren't unicode compatible?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MelodicRain said:

It's annoying when sellers name their items, usually no-mod so you can't even change it, with non-English words, ironically while typing in English. If you name something like "kimono shiro" (white kimono), if people didn't speak Japanese how in the world would they know what this item is? Is it that hard to name your items in English, especially since you're already typing in English anyways as inventory folders aren't unicode compatible?

I'd peeve that down to even simpler: When you just can't change an item's name. I know, "no mod" but grrrr. I wish that somehow LL could override that so just a file folder name could be changed if the things are no mod. Japanese names for English speakers? Yes. But not just that. What the heck is the sunshine's feeling good! item? Oh, it is YELLOW SOCKS! Whhhhhy can't I change that to a folder named "Yellow socks"?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Seicher Rae said:

I'd peeve that down to even simpler: When you just can't change an item's name. I know, "no mod" but grrrr. I wish that somehow LL could override that so just a file folder name could be changed if the things are no mod. Japanese names for English speakers? Yes. But not just that. What the heck is the sunshine's feeling good! item? Oh, it is YELLOW SOCKS! Whhhhhy can't I change that to a folder named "Yellow socks"?

I'd settle for even being able to prefix the no-mod name with something that is relevant to what it is in inventory. That shouldn't affect its no mod status.

• Like 2

People that post pictures in such a way that they do not embed.  My work restricts me from getting to sites like Flickr, Gyazo, etc...

I have to remember to go back and look when I get home or just miss seeing the pic (which is actually what happens most of the time because my memory sucks).

• Like 1

Once again my peeve ultimately distills down to ME, but there are a few others along the road to get to me.

I just went to Neo Japan and fell in love with and bought several things. I tried out so many demos! I went back for one that I really really really wanted. The thing is ONLY available as a fatpack. Only. Ok. And that fatpack was L$1900+. Oh hellz no!

but I really wanted it

I went to the store to see if singles were available there. No.

but I really wanted it

(you can tell where this is headed)

So back to the event, muttering expletives. I bought the fatpack. I hate myself. But I'll look cute doing it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

But isn't this all that really matters?

Mostly. 

But a forced $$$$ fatpack? Shame on them. Shame on me.

Too bad it is a NSFW and therefore NSF the forums, but it'll probably show up in Flickr sometime. :)

I've never seen a forced fatpack that expensive. I've seen others, but usually it is something where probably a single would be about the same price, so you're really getting a bit of a deal with a fatpack only.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

Mostly. 

Too bad it is a NSFW and therefore NSF the forums, but it'll probably show up in Flickr sometime. :)

I've never seen a forced fatpack that expensive. I've seen others, but usually it is something where probably a single would be about the same price, so you're really getting a bit of a deal with a fatpack only.

I've seen a few places doing a grouping instead of singles.  Sadly, the one or two colors I want are usually in separate packs so I end up with more than I wanted.  There's one shoe place I can think of that has always.done that.  Shame on them.

• Like 3

People who are more into you being interested in what they have to say but ignore what you say to them.

Repeating myself because the person either has a small attention span or they aren't interested in what I say, as it's all about them.

People who type "your" instead of "you're".

People who type "of" after "could, should, would". The "of" sound is from the apostrophe and v. It's could've, would've, should've, which is could have, would have, should have.

People who red line on their mics and refuse to fix their pc settings so we don't have to turn you down or mute you just to have a nice conversation with the other people. 

People who ignore their babies/ children irl and complain their offspring want their attention. Especially when you hear the Mom yelling at their child to shut up, when he/ she is wanting attention from their Mom.

I have more but I'm exhausted atm.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Those people should not have babies.

I agree with you. It makes me so mad and what is worse, is the people who have been hanging out with me with these type of Mom's, will laugh or be supportive of her verbal abuse towards her child. As if this is the norm now. Then the Mom is appreciative of the low life people who support her horrible parenting while you hear the child whine again as he/ she either gets yelled at again or trails off in the background away from their Mom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Once again my peeve ultimately distills down to ME, but there are a few others along the road to get to me.

I just went to Neo Japan and fell in love with and bought several things. I tried out so many demos! I went back for one that I really really really wanted. The thing is ONLY available as a fatpack. Only. Ok. And that fatpack was L$1900+. Oh hellz no!

but I really wanted it

but I really wanted it

So back to the event, muttering expletives. I bought the fatpack. I hate myself. But I'll look cute doing it.

This annoys me too. I'm seeing a lot of designers who are using this method. You can only buy it as a fatpack. they don't want to save you money. It should be labeled as all pack, full pack or mega pack if it's an entire set of clothing and shoes. Fatpack used to mean you get a discount if you bought it in one purchase. A lot of new designers have popped up and they don't know that's what it means. 

Or like this one shoe store. she now only sells her shoes in 2 fatpacks. It used to be one, you got the texture hud with the shoes.

Now, each fatpack only comes with 2 colors in each pack. They are print textures on the shoes, not solids. I don't like the colors used nor the prints. She has totally changed her textures and it's not worth it to me to even go to her mainstore because I'm sure it's more of that also. It's really sad because I loved how she made her shoes before.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

People who are more into you being interested in what they have to say but ignore what you say to them.

Oh that annoys me to.  I get an IM from a friend "Hi how are you?"   Before I have even replied back I am greeted with a wall of text telling me how their latest drama is going

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

but I really wanted it

but I really wanted it

Ouch. That's rough.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

People who red line on their mics and refuse to fix their pc settings so we don't have to turn you down or mute you just to have a nice conversation with the other people. 

Sometimes the PC settings can't fix that, tho. I have that problem - the fun thing is, it affects ONLY SL. All other programs are fine, but on SL my microphone redlines and if not on push to talk, activates when a needle falls in another house. >_>

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Mostly. 

I'm getting really picky about how places do business nowadays..  If I don't feel good about the purchase at all, I just walk away, like it wasn't meant to be..

One thing I've learned is, nothing is that good that I'll regret not getting it.. hehehe

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm getting really picky about how places do business nowadays..  If I don't feel good about the purchase at all, I just walk away, like it wasn't meant to be..

One thing I've learned is, nothing is that good that I'll regret not getting it.. hehehe

Well, that's the difference between you and I Ceka. You're an adult.

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Well, that's the difference between you and I Ceka. You're an adult.

I think it's more on the line of what Kytteh was saying.. How things are being done today compared to before..

A lot of fatpacks were full outfits before.. Now it's like 6k or more a lot of times, for an outfit broken down with each item being it's own fatpack.

I'm at the point where I don't even bother with fatpacks anymore.

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.