What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

32 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ok, pet peeve.

Boobs.

More specifically, SL boobs.

Why are there so few ways of customizing them? Boobs are enormously varied in RL -- different shapes, sizes, and . . . other stuff.

But, here, basically, you can make 'em bigger, and you can push 'em together, and that's just about it. The more popular mesh bodies for women are no help: the boobs tend to "break" if you mess with them much beyond the middle slider range (the dreaded underboob crease!), and if you want smaller ones, you've got to shell out upwards of L$5000 for an entire new body. (Although, yes, the most popular brand has a less expensive add-on, which I use, sometimes).

There are like, what, three sliders for boobs? And probably at least TWENTY for the lower part of the face!

Boobs are more important! I know this, because half of the guys I talk to have their cams focused on my cleavage rather than my face ("show crosshairs" FTW!).

Also, gravity. Why can we make boobs jiggle, but we can't make them react to gravity realistically? Like when you're leaning over, or lying on your side? For instances.

And rigging: the rigging for tops for women often don't even attempt to match the actual slider values of my boobs. Women's clothing creators, stop deciding that you know better than I do how big or small, or what shape, I want my boobs to be!!!!

And I think there should be a rule, in the CS or TOS or something, against having pushed-up, pushed-together boobs unless you are wearing a bra!!! Damn it. You wanna wear a tank top with no bra? FINE. But you don't get to have nice clean cleavage then! No pain, no gain, says I!

None of this, of course, is to in any way criticize how others choose to render their boobage. If you want them sticking out like the flight deck of an aircraft carrier, then go for it! Like 'em flapping about under your chin, or smushed together like they were in a vice? More power to you!

What I want is more options so that those of use who want realistic, nice looking boobs can have that, and those who want to treat them as a component of performance art can also do their thing.

Is this so very much to ask? Really?

I was happy to find some skin creators adding a saggy option although I wish there were a better name for it.  Mature, perhaps?  It's still very difficult for fuller figures to achieve a natural look and I agree, no bra, no pushup and unless they are larger, no cleavage.  I did get a notice that Legacy now has a petite add on and I believe it free for current legacy perky owners.  I haven't tried perky since it would be another 5000L and I'm fairly happy with the adjustments I've made. I also found a little store that does breast animations for pictures and such so you can make them shift left/right/down.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

I was happy to find some skin creators adding a saggy option although I wish there were a better name for it.  Mature, perhaps?

Yeah, I think I know the store. Or a store, that does this. I should visit, as my skin doesn't do a great job with smaller breasts.

It's still very difficult for fuller figures to achieve a natural look and I agree, no bra, no pushup and unless they are larger, no cleavage.

It hadn't occurred to me that fuller figured women would be having issues too: I tend to think in terms of smaller breasts. But this makes sense too.

I did get a notice that Legacy now has a petite add on and I believe it free for current legacy perky owners.  I haven't tried perky since it would be another 5000L and I'm fairly happy with the adjustments I've made.

It actually is rather encouraging that three major women's mesh body makers now have options for smaller breasts. It does sort of suggest that they are starting to acknowledge the need for more variety. 

I also found a little store that does breast animations for pictures and such so you can make them shift left/right/down.

I actually have two of these. One I use for when I'm not wearing a bra - it works pretty well. And the other is more versatile and pretty good for pics. You can move both breasts individually in three dimensions, so, hey! The sky's the limit! It's almost like having prehensile boobs! But not so good for everyday wear.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gatogateau said:

I would like a link/name to the store with the prehensile boobage please! 

:::realizes she's in cat form, after writing that:::

ASKING FOR A FRIEND!

:)

Mmm, it's always for a friend.  And prehensile nearly made me fall.off the chair laughing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Gatogateau said:

I would like a link/name to the store with the prehensile boobage please! 

:::realizes she's in cat form, after writing that:::

ASKING FOR A FRIEND!

:)

If you're serious, I'll send you -- er, your friend -- the info when I get in-world. It's a pretty good attachment, but it's not dynamic of course. What we need is one that responds to avatar movement and pose.

• Thanks 1

Another peeve (that's what? a few in one day?): This recent thread, several others by another person... This peevage has indicated to me that it is time to switch to posting with the cat. I like the cat. (I can't find the old image I used for GiGi but this is a cutey, too.) Yep, pulling out the big feline claws and gonna be fluffy for a while. Be afraid.

XrfdD1.gif

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

If you're serious, I'll send you -- er, your friend -- the info when I get in-world. It's a pretty good attachment, but it's not dynamic of course. What we need is one that responds to avatar movement and pose.

Very serious. Have you seen her boobs? They need help! You said you have two gadgets? Send both! The world thanks you.

/me eyes your boots

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Another peeve (that's what? a few in one day?): This recent thread, several others by another person... This peevage has indicated to me that it is time to switch to posting with the cat. I like the cat. (I can't find the old image I used for GiGi but this is a cutey, too.) Yep, pulling out the big feline claws and gonna be fluffy for a while. Be afraid.

XrfdD1.gif

Although this one might be more appropriate for the forums lately.

20-of-the-most-evil-cats-youll-ever-see-14.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Akane Nacht said:

my peeve - that we do not yet have the technology to make flexi hair/clothes that do not go through the body. 

I'm sure there's a good reason but... I want hair like my conan exiles hair 🙁

When it first came out, mesh hair was everything, but I always thought it looked like a helmet. Flexi got left by the wayside, which is a shame because there is a lot positive about it, for hair AND clothing. But yes, long mesh hair that floats above my chest because my boobs are not at the preordained setting, or helmet head. Or flexi that cuts through the body. 

I still have some OLD flexi hair that I wear a lot. It is chin to shoulder length and so it doesn't have the cut through problem. It still looks good. I still get questions about "where did you get that?" and sadly the store is long gone.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

I haven't read back through all the peeves so this may have been covered.  Creators who make an outfit, top and bottom, then have the huds attach to the exact same spot on the screen.  I know it's easy enough to move but why not put one on the right and one on the left?  Seems obvious to me.

Geez, yes. 

I'm pretty sure that some creators are so quick to try and make a buck in SL, that they just don't stop long enough to think about useability at all.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

I still have some OLD flexi hair that I wear a lot. It is chin to shoulder length and so it doesn't have the cut through problem. It still looks good. I still get questions about "where did you get that?" and sadly the store is long gone.

I love some of my older flexi hair - the ones that are shoulder length or shorter, or the ponytails.  Unfortunately, many of the ones that I have and love are also fairly high CI.

I have been glad to see some folks making new lower CI flexi skirts/dresses. Quite a few merchants continued selling their older stuff by just changing the system layers to Appliers, and many more have now pulled out their older stuff because of BOM.  However, most of those layer/applier parts look old - older looking textures, etc... and the flexit parts are much higher CI.  Thus I really like the few new flexi creations that I've seen that give the wonderful flow of flexi but with lower CI and newer texturing.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I love some of my older flexi hair - the ones that are shoulder length or shorter, or the ponytails.  Unfortunately, many of the ones that I have and love are also fairly high CI.

I have been glad to see some folks making new lower CI flexi skirts/dresses. Quite a few merchants continued selling their older stuff by just changing the system layers to Appliers, and many more have now pulled out their older stuff because of BOM.  However, most of those layer/applier parts look old - older looking textures, etc... and the flexit parts are much higher CI.  Thus I really like the few new flexi creations that I've seen that give the wonderful flow of flexi but with lower CI and newer texturing.

I have a lovely newish hair that is mostly mesh, but with little bits of flexi attached. It's short, so clipping isn't a problem, and there's just enough flexi to give it some motion when you move or dance. I haven't dared look at the Cl because I like it too much to not wear it anyway. Maybe it's not too bad. But it is possible, certainly, to incorporate flex into mesh items in a way that makes them look better, without necessarily driving the Cl through the roof, and without that old "why is my hair inside my chest?" look.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I have a lovely newish hair that is mostly mesh, but with little bits of flexi attached. It's short, so clipping isn't a problem, and there's just enough flexi to give it some motion when you move or dance. I haven't dared look at the Cl because I like it too much to not wear it anyway. Maybe it's not too bad. But it is possible, certainly, to incorporate flex into mesh items in a way that makes them look better, without necessarily driving the Cl through the roof, and without that old "why is my hair inside my chest?" look.

Most of the newer things that I've come across that are incorporating a bit of flexi in with mesh have actually been pretty low CI.  So wear it without any guilt and enjoy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I know what LI is but what the heck is CI? Yes I have the latest FS release so I have BOM but I don't use it. Haven't even looked at it.

38 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

No idea. I just use whatever lingo the cool kids use.

Well, let me light up the tilt sign a li'l.

If had a Washington for every time the mushroom people left a chick in skins on my front porch, I'd have enough long green for two cool horses in the stable. My chicks are the ginchiest, but it's crazy Scylla-illa! My bedroom is like Antsville and they're giving me smog in the noggin'. So, before this ends up on my front burner, I'm lighting my heels on fire and scoring some ibuprofen. (I'll T.T.T.S.)

Later, Gator!*

*This is a repost of mine from 2012. The above is Kookie's lingo from 77 Sunset Strip.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Well, let me light up the tilt sign a li'l.

If had a Washington for every time the mushroom people left a chick in skins on my front porch, I'd have enough long green for two cool horses in the stable. My chicks are the ginchiest, but it's crazy Scylla-illa! My bedroom is like Antsville and they're giving me smog in the noggin'. So, before this ends up on my front burner, I'm lighting my heels on fire and scoring some ibuprofen. (I'll T.T.T.S.)

Later, Gator!*

*This is a repost of mine from 2012. The above is Kookie's lingo from 77 Sunset Strip.

Where do you even get this stuff from????

Heh.  I think Kookie was probably the last person using that jargon.  That TV program ended its short run while I was still in high school (and you were probably ready for first grade, if I guess right, Maddy), and the 50's beat culture was on the way out.  Dobie Gillis ended even before that. Maynard G. Krebs always talked that way in that program.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Heh.  I think Kookie was probably the last person using that jargon.  That TV program ended it short run while I was still in high school (and you were probably ready for first grade, if I guess right, Maddy), and the 50's beat culture was on the way out.  

Was it sort of noir? Or more "hip cat"? (If that's the right lingo . . .)

17 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Heh.  I think Kookie was probably the last person using that jargon.  That TV program ended its short run while I was still in high school (and you were probably ready for first grade, if I guess right, Maddy), and the 50's beat culture was on the way out.  Dobie Gillis ended even before that. Maynard G. Krebs always talked that way in that program.

Who later became Gilligan of Gilligan's Island. 

gil1.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Denver

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.