What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Aaron5573 said:

Mine are people who stop and stand at the end of escalators

Be a little patient with those people.  I've known quite a few who have weak eyesight or unreliable balance and are a bit scared to make that first step.  You don't have to be old to worry about falling either.   I've seen little kids, pregnant women, and men with their arms full hesitate at the start or end of an escalator.

1 hour ago, Aaron5573 said:

people who have to get on an elevator before you can get out

Don't be patient with those people. That's what your elbows are for.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Dano Seale said:

People who walk into street lights and things while p1ssing about with their phones, then pretend it didn't happen as the blood pours down their face!....It happened!....We saw it!....You're a dickhead, OWN IT!

Or walk into the city bus. I'm a part time coach operator in the small town we live in, and a couple times while making a turn someone on their stupid phone walks into the side of the coach. One kept going after he picked his phone up.  The other yelled at me and said I tried to plow him over and was going to report me. As per regulations we write up any incidents like that.  As for the dude, little did he know there are cameras on the exterior of the coach and they caught him clearly staring at his device and walked into the coach.

• Like 2

Subscription dialogs in demos. At least friggin' wait until I buy the actual product. Or alternatively don't do it at all because it's incredibly obnoxious when you accidentally click yes and then have to hunt for the subscription box at their store.

• Like 4

I'm not sure this is a peeve, but it has to at least be peeve adjacent: Over the past year I have been the beneficiary of an anonymous L$ donor. I had no idea who was doing that, and it just warmed my heart to no end. Now "by accident" because someone thought it was pertinent that I know so they changed their forum status blurb, I'm 99.5% I know who that benefactor is/was. I don't want the money, and it is spent, and I can't afford to give it back. Now I just feel tainted. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

41 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Now I just feel tainted. 

Nothing has really changed, though.  The money was given without expecting anything in return, even acknowledgment.  It was a gift.  Regardless of what the donor may have had in mind, I think you should be grateful rather than feeling tainted or obliged to make any response.  Treat it as a kind gesture or at the very least -- in the words of Woody Allen (?) -- "Don't ask questions; just take the money and run."

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Aaron5573 said:

Mine are people who stop and stand at the end of escalators 

6 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

...and ski lifts!

hqdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

These fall into the category similar to something my husband says a lot:  Build a doorway and people will stand in it.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

they changed their forum status blurb

I need to remember to actually pay attention to those.  I'm bad and pretty much never notice when one changes, even for the people that I follow - likewise for signatures most of the time.

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

Nothing has really changed, though.  The money was given without expecting anything in return, even acknowledgment.  It was a gift.  Regardless of what the donor may have had in mind, I think you should be grateful rather than feeling tainted or obliged to make any response.  Treat it as a kind gesture or at the very least -- in the words of Woody Allen (?) -- "Don't ask questions; just take the money and run."

Yeah, and I really can't do anything about it anyway. The motivation behind the "reveal" was incredibly manipulative and unnecessary, but... not much I can do about that except ignore it now.

24 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I need to remember to actually pay attention to those.  I'm bad and pretty much never notice when one changes, even for the people that I follow - likewise for signatures most of the time.

I wish I hadn't noticed, and it was rather by accident that I did. I don't pay *that* much attention to them. But as I just told Par, my take away lesson is that I wouldn't have seen it at all if I had continued to ignore the forums. I don't know how many times I will have to be hit over the head to learn that lesson, as I can be incredibly slow sometimes.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I wish I hadn't noticed, and it was rather by accident that I did. I don't pay *that* much attention to them. But as I just told Par, my take away lesson is that I wouldn't have seen it at all if I had continued to ignore the forums. I don't know how many times I will have to be hit over the head to learn that lesson, as I can be incredibly slow sometimes.

You can change settings to block signatures, and they don't appear anyway when you're on your phone (at least, that's the case for me). I know it's not really the point, but maybe that would be helpful.

My current pet peeve is people bringing their countries politics into game and forums when most of us don't give a toss. If your government is doing something you don't like well it was you lot that put them there. Its not my problem and sick of hearing about it

• Like 6

Ugly people who are delusional enough to think their look is amazing and should be praised. That and the people who wear those retarded "this many people like me" clicker attachments, where 90% of the count is probably from themselves or alts.

Just had the cringiest conversation. Random ugly person IM'd me in a club and spoke in a way that is so egotistical and delusional it's just baiting me to shower her with praises or something. /facepalm

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KanryDrago said:

My current pet peeve is people bringing their countries politics into game and forums when most of us don't give a toss. If your government is doing something you don't like well it was you lot that put them there. Its not my problem and sick of hearing about it

There are political mboards out there and stuff like that is better suited for those.  One exception, how the toilet roll is hung. :D

Edited by Kimmi Zehetbauer
Shouldn't post without downing 3 cups of java first.
  • Like 2

People who think it's ok in telling others how they should decorate the INSIDE walls of their houses.  The outside walls are standard Linden issued colors, but they have issues with the walls behind closed doors? Call da police, I don't care.

(name redacted): I guess you're a girlie kind of guy.....  "pink walls" ???

Eddy Vortex: why not?

(name redacted): I've made a lot of my walls pink, but not "hot" pink...  I try to be considerate of my neighbors and make sure what they look at is attractive and not an eyesore. I don't like coming across offensive; however, I really didn't know how else to tell you how I feel. Perhaps, I'm not diplomatic enough.

Eddy Vortex: you can always AR me and call in a Linden god to settle this matter.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, KanryDrago said:

Bonus points when those people are Americans who talk about American politics or American socio-political dynamics as if that somehow applies to the majority of us here.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

An ongoing pet peeve of mine is how the build tool in Firestorm produces unreliable and unpredictable link numbers when linking together primitives and objects.

It's been like that for years. I drop my own quick script into a linkset to determine link/face numbers when I need them.

{
    touch_start(integer num)
    {
        integer iLN = llDetectedLinkNumber(0);
        llSay(0, "Touched Link " + (string)iLN + "( " + llGetLinkName(iLN) + " ) on face " + (string)llDetectedTouchFace(0));
        vector Color = llList2Vector(llGetLinkPrimitiveParams(llDetectedLinkNumber(0),[PRIM_COLOR,llDetectedTouchFace(0)]),0);
        llSay(0, "Color = " + (string)Color);
    }
}

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robin Kiyori said:

Pet peeve:

When people forget that there is an actual person behind the screen. With like emotions and shiz.

😠

Sadly this is normal thing in sl like when one person plays with emotions of another person,like giving false hope of something more than friendship,but then  totally ignore : (   

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Panteleeva said:

Sadly this is normal thing in sl like when one person plays with emotions of another person,like giving false hope of something more than friendship,but then  totally ignore : (   

yep which is why you never blindly trust anyone ever with that level of control over your emotions or feelings.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:
  • People with perpetual victim mentalities 
  • People who think racism is a political issue
  • People unable to skip topics they have no interest in
  • People who use the word "retarded" as an insult

You have a fascinating mix of peeves here! Gives a nice peek into your ol' noggin'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The absolute genius who created a texture HUD like this:

image.png.05961b56621af9e8ae869bb664259d7a.png

Can't tell if they're just lazy or dumb. Also, it's the same genius who put a separate script into every single button on the HUD, instead of just using one central script in the root prim to trigger the llSay().

Which episode is the "double facepalm" image macro from? - Science ...

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, MelodicRain said:

The absolute genius who created a texture HUD like this:

image.png.05961b56621af9e8ae869bb664259d7a.png

Can't tell if they're just lazy or dumb. Also, it's the same genius who put a separate script into every single button on the HUD, instead of just using one central script in the root prim to trigger the llSay().

Which episode is the "double facepalm" image macro from? - Science ...

OOOOOOOHHHHH I hate that! 

I also hate when you buy a fatpack and its a bunch of loose items in every colour! I bought the fatpack so that I could have the convenience of a hud....not 30 additional items.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.